NFL Dolphins get T. Hill from the chiefs

Advertisement
Greatly exceeded my expectations. I admit my mistake on The Herb.
Did anyone really expect Herbert to be as good as he has been? He got a lot of negative press. Because of his skill set and measurables I thought he was a better prospect than Tua.

Advertisement
Um, not for nothing but don't we already know that Tua ain't that guy?
Well theyre going forward with this season with the presumption that he is the guy, and if he shows that he isn't then they replace him next year and dont extend him. Simple imo.

At the end of the day though pick 29, 50, and some change isn't bad for having a receiving core of Hill, Waddle, and Gesicki. Plus pick 29 was in the deal they got for trey lance, so they were playing with house money to get Hill anyways...

Tyreek is 1of1 u wont find another player like him.

Obviously if tua isn’t the guy they’d trade up next year. Yall value draft picks way too much lol especially a late 1st and 2nd, like that’s nothing to get a guy who changes how teams defend u.
I agree with you mostly and think the dolphins have made great moves but I just don't see Tua being able to exploit all this talent. He just isn't the guy to lead you to a ring IMO. I do value draft picks however draft are only worth it if your organization knows how to draft and the Dolphins clearly don't. We will see how it plays out.

Well theyre going forward with this season with the presumption that he is the guy, and if he shows that he isn't then they replace him next year and dont extend him. Simple imo.

At the end of the day though pick 29, 50, and some change isn't bad for having a receiving core of Hill, Waddle, and Gesicki. Plus pick 29 was in the deal they got for trey lance, so they were playing with house money to get Hill anyways...
That last sentence is key. That's a great point. Perhaps the dolphins aren't as hapless as I thought. We shall see.

At the end of the day the summation of the Dolphins moves ended up being something like:

Traded Away:

Laremy Tunsil
One 1st (2022 Pick 15 overall)
One 2nd (2022 Pick 50 overall)
Four 4ths (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
One 6th (2023)

Received:

Tyreek Hill
Jalen Waddle
Jevon Holland
Noah Igbinoghene
One 1st in 2023
One 3rd in 2022 (#102 overall)

And they signed Terron Armstead... And those 1sts are basically a wash. SO basically they turned Tunsil, a 2nd and a bunch of 4ths into 1 elite WR, another potentially elite Wr, a legit starter at Safety, a quality backup CB, and a 3rds rounder......

Advertisement
Did anyone really expect Herbert to be as good as he has been? He got a lot of negative press. Because of his skill set and measurables I thought he was a better prospect than Tua.
His Combine was plenty good....Dolphins are (once again) out of their minds picking Tua over over Herbert....Wtf were they thinking??....

Below average? We’ll see about that after the 2022 season…
He ranked 22nd out of all 62 quarterbacks who played for 2021.
He ranked 22nd out of all 32 primary starting quarterbacks who played for 2021.
Looking at just QBR, he's 18th out of 32.

He improved from 2020 where he was 28th, let's hope he can move to above average this year.

You can tell what type of people don’t think for themselves and just follow the crowd with these types of threads. ‘Tua can’t throw’ hysteria that’s the trendy topic is so exaggerated.

Can you name Miami OC’s from last year? If your not a dolphins fan, then no, because they sucked. His OL was worst in the league by all metrics, run game non existent until they signed Duke/Lindsay in like week 10 or something? Not to mention his HC doing all he can to sabotage him by floating the Watson rumors non stop. The dude sat him against the ravens and if it wasn’t for jacoby getting banged up and Tua finally getting in we lose that game. Tua led go ahead drives against Jags/Falcons then the defense gave the lead away right after.

I’m not saying Tua is some goat QB who is a mix of Mahomes and Dan Marino. But the kid will be a top 12 starter with this roster + a scheme like McDaniels. He still has so much room to improve. He’s just like Drew Brees, surgical accurate between 0-15 yards, finds his 1st/2nd read quickly, and way more athletic evading pressure than given credit, he was only sacked 20 times compared to Burrows 50… I guarantee Fins lead the league in YAC with Hill/Waddle/Mostert

AND IF NOT. Fins have 2 firsts next year if Tua just sucks like everyone claims

Advertisement
You can tell what type of people don’t think for themselves and just follow the crowd with these types of threads. ‘Tua can’t throw’ hysteria that’s the trendy topic is so exaggerated.

Can you name Miami OC’s from last year? If your not a dolphins fan, then no, because they sucked. His OL was worst in the league by all metrics, run game non existent until they signed Duke/Lindsay in like week 10 or something? Not to mention his HC doing all he can to sabotage him by floating the Watson rumors non stop. The dude sat him against the ravens and if it wasn’t for jacoby getting banged up and Tua finally getting in we lose that game. Tua led go ahead drives against Jags/Falcons then the defense gave the lead away right after.

I’m not saying Tua is some goat QB who is a mix of Mahomes and Dan Marino. But the kid will be a top 12 starter with this roster + a scheme like McDaniels. He still has so much room to improve. He’s just like Drew Brees, surgical accurate between 0-15 yards, finds his 1st/2nd read quickly, and way more athletic evading pressure than given credit, he was only sacked 20 times compared to Burrows 50… I guarantee Fins lead the league in YAC with Hill/Waddle/Mostert

Tua gets the ball out of his hands about as fast as anyone in the league. He's not even in the pocket for more than a 3 seconds, and the ball is out. The offense itself doesn't lend itself to getting out of the pocket and chucking one up, which was the Mahomes-Hill magic. When Hill wasn't catching the ropes, he was catching short passes - similar to Waddle. What this trade should tell you, is that they are going all-in on what Tua does well, which is short stuff, getting the ball out quickly, and hoping Hill's vertical threat opens things up a little more underneath. Tua isn't all of a sudden going to be sending rockets downfield after breaking contain and extending the play with his legs.

If Tua ISN'T a Top 15 QB this year, even tossing the short stuff, he's gotta go and getting Teddy Bridgewater in there gives you exactly what you have in Tua, but a little more calm and consistent. So if Tua stinks...it'll be Teddy Ballgame doing what Tua should be doing and then I'd expect the Phins to trade for a veteran thats looking to get out of their current situation.

We'll see.

“He’s just like Drew Brees, surgical accurate between 0-15 yards”

And yet, as an NFL starting QB, his actual performance is exactly NOTHING like Drew Brees.

“and way more athletic evading pressure than given credit, he was only sacked 20 times compared to Burrows 50”

Well, there goes the narrative about how Tua would be a world beater if he just had better protection up front. Burrow spent half the season flat on his back and still led his team to the Super Bowl in year two.

He ranked 22nd out of all 62 quarterbacks who played for 2021.
He ranked 22nd out of all 32 primary starting quarterbacks who played for 2021.
Looking at just QBR, he's 18th out of 32.

He improved from 2020 where he was 28th, let's hope he can move to above average this year.

He didn’t have great stats but that’s not all because of him. Many different factors out his own control that played into it.

Advertisement
Yes, he has been mediocre in his first one and half years. I just feel he can be a top 12 QB with a better oline, receivers, coaching, and system. Will he get there? Who knows…
I have serious doubts...ANY GM who would pick Tua over Herbert, has no business in this trade...I simply could not believe it. Just imagine having Herbert as the Fins QB with Hill & Waddle.....instantaneously a playoff team.

“He’s just like Drew Brees, surgical accurate between 0-15 yards”

And yet, as an NFL starting QB, his actual performance is exactly NOTHING like Drew Brees.

“and way more athletic evading pressure than given credit, he was only sacked 20 times compared to Burrows 50”

Well, there goes the narrative about how Tua would be a world beater if he just had better protection up front. Burrow spent half the season flat on his back and still led his team to the Super Bowl in year two.

Brees only had a consistent offensive line and a HOF offensive minded head coach. Tua with worst line and HC who sabotaged him.

that legit just proves he can evade pressure. If they wanted more down field throws he could have hung onto the ball, rolled out more, taken more shots and more sacks. But the offense wasn’t designed for that. Plus Bengals WR’s were monsters on 50/50 balls and Miami doesn’t have that.

Advertisement
Back