NFL Dolphins get T. Hill from the chiefs

What a weird take lol…
Nothing weird about it. Ross and this front office have been terrible. They have made some very good moves this off season but that trade with KC was too much. I love T.Hill but to contend for a ring you need an elite level QB and Tua will never be that.

Advertisement
But no deep threat. There's the weakness.

If he can get us through 2023 when we can draft...
So you think Tua can’t throw deep? He’s shown he can do it. Just not on a level like Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, and Rodgers. I think with an improved coaching staff, scheme, and oline in front of him, his efficiency in the deep ball department will be much better…

Haha. I’m not saying Tua will ever be an elite QB on the level of a Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, or Burrow. He clearly won’t be. But to discount him entirely is beyond stupid. The dude can play even if he’ll never be a top 7/8 QB in the league
He's never going to take you to the Super Bowl. I actually like Tua but he's just not going to be the guy to lead the Dolphins to a Super Bowl Championship.

He's never going to take you to the Super Bowl. I actually like Tua but he's just not going to be the guy to lead the Dolphins to a Super Bowl Championship.
You don’t know that for certain. Let’s see how he plays this season with all of these changes before we completely write the dude off…

Advertisement
So you think Tua can’t throw deep? He’s shown he can do it. Just not on a level like Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, and Rodgers. I think with an improved coaching staff, scheme, and oline in front of him, his efficiency in the deep ball department will be much better…
It's not his strength. It doesn't come naturally to him the same way it didn't come naturally to D'Eriq King. Look at the difference once we got someone who it does come easily to.

But again, he just might be good enough for now. That's where we start and go from there.

You don’t know that for certain. Let’s see how he plays this season with all of these changes before we completely write the dude off…
Of course I don't know that for certain. Nobody knows anything for certain other than death and taxes. That's just my opinion. I see yours differs from mine and that's fine. We will see how it plays out.

Terrific move for the Phins to add explosive offensive firepower, Tyreek Hill is one of the 5 best WR’s in the league.

Feel bad for Tyreek though, to have to go from Mahomes to Tua has gotta be painful lol
This is make or break for Tua. Bringing in Armstead, Connor Williams, and a WHALE in Tyreek is showing that the Fins are adding the necessary pieces on offense to make a serious run. If they round out the O-Line and manage to have a respectable run game, you're looking at what could be an explosive offensive. If Tua is who his proponents say he is(count me amongst the skeptics, but I digress) .

If he ain’t that guy, then you go into '23 on a QB hunt. First, I'd be trying to see if somebody like Kyler or Lamar wanna throw to Reek and Jaylen and pocket a few M's in state taxes. They say no, I do all I can to get back in a high 1st round slot in '23, lots of options available, with SoFla & Connecticut's Favorite Ginger at the top of my list. Woulda been nice to have never gave our 1st to San Fran in the first place but what are ya gonna do?

So, I said all of that to say these moves are a clear as day "No more excuses for Tua, he's gotta **** or get off the pot!!!"

It's not his strength. It doesn't come naturally to him the same way it didn't come naturally to D'Eriq King. Look at the difference once we got someone who it does come easily to.

But again, he just might be good enough for now. That's where we start and go from there.
I agree that the deep ball will never be his strength. His strengths is over the middle and quick strike offense using slants etc. He’s more like a point guard on the field in that regard. Hill and Waddle are perfect for that. They can take a 10 yard slant and turn it in to a house call real easy. To have two guys like that on the same offense changes the game completely. Good luck to defenses preparing and trying to stop that..

Advertisement
Of course I don't know that for certain. Nobody knows anything for certain other than death and taxes. That's just my opinion. I see yours differs from mine and that's fine. We will see how it plays out.
Our opinions are probably more similar than you think. We both think at the very least he can be a nice/average QB. I just think he has the potential to be a little more than that.

The only obvious and known fact is he doesn’t have the upside of a Herbert or Allen. Anybody with just a little bit of football knowledge can see that.

I appreciate the conversation!

This is make or break for Tua. Bringing in Armstead, Connor Williams, and a WHALE in Tyreek is showing that the Fins are adding the necessary pieces on offense to make a serious run. If they round out the O-Line and manage to have a respectable run game, you're looking at what could be an explosive offensive. If Tua is who his proponents say he is(count me amongst the skeptics, but I digress) .

If he ain’t that guy, then you go into '23 on a QB hunt. First, I'd be trying to see if somebody like Kyler or Lamar wanna throw to Reek and Jaylen and pocket a few M's in state taxes. They say no, I do all I can to get back in a high 1st round slot in '23, lots of options available, with SoFla & Connecticut's Favorite Ginger at the top of my list. Woulda been nice to have never gave our 1st to San Fran in the first place but what are ya gonna do?

So, I said all of that to say these moves are a clear as day "No more excuses for Tua, he's gotta **** or get off the pot!!!"
That’s a fact.

I’m not a Phins fan, but bringing in Tyreek Hill, Raheem Mostert, Cedric Wilson & Armstead to go with Waddle, Gesicki, Parker, Gaskin & Ahmed is a **** good offensive collective, with a sh*t ton of speed. Mostert had two of the fastest MPH trackings with the ball in his hand at 23.09mph & 22.73mph both on 70+ yard plays, he was also a really fast 10.5/10.6 100m kid in High school & ran a 4.38 at the combine.

Basically, Hill & Mostert with Waddle with is a **** track team on the field lol, if Tua can’t make that happen he’s outta there & yall could be on the same Rams trajectory where yall are just a QB away from a SB contender.

It isn’t this the deepest fastest WR draft ever ?
Seems to me like you could have used free agency for something else and sought a WR in the draft
Even with all of those blazing times we saw this class put up, can you say with certainty that one of them will be an exact equivalent of Tyreek Hill??? **** I've known the fastest of those WR's(Ty Thornton) since he was 12 so I'm biased as fucc. But I'd NEVER miss the chance to grab a 27 year old Tyreek Hill in order to pick him or any other WR at #29 or #50. Not a washed Reek but The Cheetah in his prime...

Dolphins have two first round picks next year. If the offense doesn’t drastically improve this year (why wouldn’t it), then they have an out next year…
We have 2 firsts next year. If Tua isn’t the guy then you draft or trade for your guy. They’re essentially just eliminating any excuses for Tua.

Ahhh, I didn't know you had a second first round pick next year (who is it from?). Well that certainly gives you more flexibility in a much better QB Draft.

I still think they're building a roster to win right now so replacing Tua in the Draft next year might not be any real immediate solution as they're spending all this money now but knowing they have 2 1's next year certainly makes this more acceptable.

The late round picks are almost always overvalued in the NFL, imo. You don't want to have Drafts where you only have like 3 picks but some of these guys treat a 4th round pick like its gold or something.

Advertisement
So Tua was good with Waddle right? If the answer is yes which it obviously is, then why couldn’t he be good with a better version of Waddle? Wake up…

This is what Tua was statistically: 13 games | 67.8 pct | 2,653 pass yds | 6.8 ypa | 16 pass TD | 10 INT | 128 rush yd | 3 rush TD | 9 fumbles | 30 passes of 20+ yards | 6 passes of 40+ yards | 20 sacks | 49.7 QBR | 90.7 Rating.

Tua was not good last season. Definitely in the bottom half of starting QBs in the league, and most people seem to rank him somewhere outside the top 20.
Maybe you meant to say Waddle was good with Tua in 2021, but Tua most certainly was not good last season.

This is what Tua was statistically: 13 games | 67.8 pct | 2,653 pass yds | 6.8 ypa | 16 pass TD | 10 INT | 128 rush yd | 3 rush TD | 9 fumbles | 30 passes of 20+ yards | 6 passes of 40+ yards | 20 sacks | 49.7 QBR | 90.7 Rating.

Tua was not good last season. Definitely in the bottom half of starting QBs in the league, and most people seem to rank him somewhere outside the top 20.
Maybe you meant to say Waddle was good with Tua in 2021, but Tua most certainly was not good last season.
Tua was average last year, but when you consider he had one skill position player he can count on (Waddle) who was a rookie, a **** offensive line, a terrible offensive coaching staff, and a terrible scheme/system, it changes the narrative as it relates to Tua. Let’s see what he can do with better running backs, receivers, offensive line play, coaching, and scheme.

With those added changes, to think he won’t drastically improve is hilarious. I hope you don’t think that. He’ll never be elite, but he can definitely be better than average…

I agree that the deep ball will never be his strength. His strengths is over the middle and quick strike offense using slants etc. He’s more like a point guard on the field in that regard. Hill and Waddle are perfect for that. They can take a 10 yard slant and turn it in to a house call real easy. To have two guys like that on the same offense changes the game completely. Good luck to defenses preparing and trying to stop that..

I'd much rather have one WR who can really stretch the field and apply vertical pressure on the defense, a QB who can deliver those throws with consistency, and another WR who is especially dangerous in the middle of the field. That's the harder passing combo to stop because in puts pressure on the coverage at multiple levels.

QB who struggles deep + 2 WRs who excel working the short/intermediate passes and middle of the field? I guess it's better than a QB who struggles deep + 1 WR who excels working the short/intermediate passes and middle of the field.

Advertisement
I'd much rather have one WR who can really stretch the field and apply vertical pressure on the defense, a QB who can deliver those throws with consistency, and another WR who is especially dangerous in the middle of the field. That's the harder passing combo to stop because in puts pressure on the coverage at multiple levels.

QB who struggles deep + 2 WRs who excel working the short/intermediate passes and middle of the field? I guess it's better than a QB who struggles deep + 1 WR who excels working the short/intermediate passes and middle of the field.
I think his deep ball struggles are a little overblown. Does he have the arm or deep ball accuracy of some of the elite QB’s in the league? **** no. But he can throw the ball deep and is fairly accurate in doing so. We just didn’t see enough of it last year. In part because of a poor offensive system/play-calling, **** poor weaponry, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league as it relates to pass protection..

Tua was average last year, but when you consider he had one skill position player he can count on (Waddle) who was a rookie, a **** offensive line, a terrible offensive coaching staff, and a terrible scheme/system, it changes the narrative as it relates to Tua. Let’s see what he can do with better running backs, receivers, offensive line play, coaching, and scheme.

With those added changes, to think he won’t drastically improve is hilarious. I hope you don’t think that. He’ll never be elite, but he can definitely be better than average…

If you are being objective, he was in the bottom 1/3 of QBs statistically last year. Those are just the plain facts looking at most any QB metric you want. That is (statistically) below average. And if you want to look at things like long completions and yards per attempt, he was even worse than that. He wasn't horrible or bad, but he was a D+/C- QB1 last season.

But you are correct that he was surrounded by mostly garbage the past two seasons. No running game at all. A bad offensive line. Some decent options to pass the ball to, but an offensive scheme that didn't trust him to do much with it and has been mostly broken since he got here. I expect he will do better next season in a different offensive system and considering the help the fins just got him at WR, OL, and even RB.

But how much better depends entirely on Tua at this point. At the end of the day, the NFL is a results-based business, and the narrative will only change if Tua changes it by winning games and looking effective at QB1. If people stay relatively healthy on offense, I expect him to be somewhere around the 12-16 best QB next season, which would be an improvement into average to slightly above average range. I just do not expect him (even with all this help) to be a top 10 QB next season, and I happen to think that's the sort of QB you need to really win in the league today.

Another underrated move was adding Raheem Mostert, along with Terron Armstead at LT.

The Phins might lowkey have a really dangerous offense if Tua can actually throw the ball downfield.

Hill + Waddle + Mostert = Speed for days

Like you said, they key to make everything work is not having this happen....shot out to Tebow

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back