Does UM has a S&C problem?

Soooo, after watching OSU push around Clemson's Oline AND Dline last night, I guess the S&C program at Clemson isn't very good, right?
And those guys in the secondary for Clemson who couldn't catch or tackle the OSU WR?
Yea man Clemson clearly has a problem with their S&C program

Advertisement
We have an athlete problem.

Both in terms of the quality of athletes we recruit - genetics come into play with how much you can improve the size / strength / agility of a player - and the calibre of athlete we recruit.

A lot of these teams that we marvel at, they're grown men. Their Seniors stay to play their final year. At Miami if our Seniors have any sort of Draft grade, 9/10 they bolt for the NFL. So as fans we don't get to see the benefit of 22 year olds with 4 years of College football experience lining up for us.

TL;DR - Feeley does a good job with what he has to work with.
That part too. This question is crazy. We have fans watching the CFP and asking “wow why don’t our players look and play like the top team”..and instead of the obvious conclusion of a clear talent gap throughout the roster that is evident from results on the trail..we question the S&C program 😂

We do have a s and s problem. In their heads. Caused by a mixture of a lot of players that do not care enough and coaches than can not evaluate and then coach up.

Less Keshawn Washington and Bob Knowles, more Jalen Harrell types.

The more the talent level on this team goes up the better the guys will look.

Is it that we're really happy with Feeley or just happy that he's better than the last guy?? I myself am thankful for the things he's done thus far but there's articles out there that show where he lacks... If you look at what Hester does at La.Tech compared to what Feeley does here it's night and day.... Understand I'm not saying Feeley is bad but he could improve in certain areas to help us improve as well..

Advertisement
I think it’s maturity. We’re losing guys after 2-3 years. Bama and Clemson keep guys in rotation for 4-5 years. So the results of the program are seen.

I’ll bite... what’s coming?
BAMA and any other team that does totally the opposite of what we do.

Huge prime time losses and weaker teams losses they won’t be called upset losses anymore just losses except for our monstrous scheduled BAMA loss all the rest will be on ACC network our audience draw is weakening.

Get used to it till we begin flushing and benching, we won’t though till we become BOLD in our decision making.

4-5 years till we see improvement MAYBE

WERE SCARED OF BOLDNESS AND DETERMINATION.

King has is it but one man is not enough he’ll just be a sacrifice along the way

SORRY

Fix the D staff immediately. Crootin was decent, but still needs to be better. S&C staff? Not our biggest concern. As already mentioned, guys that are putting in the work are getting stronger and transforming their bodies.

Advertisement
Zion and Jaelan went into this S&C program and I would say that it worked pretty well for them.

But someone in here said it already... cant turn chicken **** into chicken salad.
Getting an 18 year old bigger isn’t really a problem. Some of their free testosterone levels are easily above 800 and if you give the right food it’s not that difficult. Most of the kids in high school don't get bigger because the nutrition isn’t right. The weight lifting isn’t the problem.
Most kids don’t have the time or the money to eat that many calories and if they do eat it it’s crap. That’s why it’s so hard to find quality lineman in high school. You’ll find a 6’3 dude that plays tackle but is fat AF
What we did with Zion and what Is being done with McLaughlin is time consuming but worth the effort imo.. Zion should be just starting to get playing time now instead of being rushed to start after gaining 60lbs.

Making someone gain weight, loose body fat become quicker stronger faster and with more flexibility and endurance is an art. And it also demands a lot from the player.

When fielder was here dudes got bigger but they didn’t seem faster and our running backs looked stiff on their long runs.
but it’s a lot easier of an art if your start off with dudes that have special genetics like Najee Harris.
Before cam got hurt this year he was looking great despite all his muscle. But I agree that speed has been a serious issue here. Idk if it’s purely a s and c issue or a recruiting problem.

Less Keshawn Washington and Bob Knowles, more Jalen Harrell types.

The more the talent level on this team goes up the better the guys will look.
U used Keyshawn and Harrell based on HS rankings? Cause honestly they are very similar..we need more Taylor and Williams types throughout the roster

You are literally explaining what makes better players BETTER PLAYERS. I can go find a **** at William and Mary who can impress all of the S&C experts on here also. If you watched Trey sermon at the beginning of the szn I’m sure you’d question OSU strength program lol Alabama recruits freaks. All those kids had a impressive athletic profile before they ever stepped in a Bama weight program.
And...I don't think there is much difference than what you, me or anybody else on here are saying. A lot of us on here competed in some type sport in our lives, I always said the great ones are 1%, I played football and competed in bodybuilding which is a sport in which genetics make the difference. The ones that go pro are the one percenters and very few can do what Ronny Coleman accomplished, but his training was at a different level also. I'm not really sure if there is an issue with our S&C program or just recruiting more average kids, but we don't look fast and we don't look big and North Carolina proved that we aren't strong, we were bouncing off those RB's. I would say most of the issues with our lack of is who we recruit.

U used Keyshawn and Harrell based on HS rankings? Cause honestly they are very similar..we need more Taylor and Williams types throughout the roster
Ability more than rankings. Harrell is in the Top 247 on the composite thigh and Washington is a 3 star. We just need to recruit more talent is the point.

Advertisement
Making these children do anything is a task very few if any really take ownership of the jobs.

So here we are the infestation is strong and runs deep for many years .

It takes sweat tears blood mental strain beyond what these children know the call of Xbox and munchies to strong.

All you can do is watch the crash ,come game time

You are literally explaining what makes better players BETTER PLAYERS. I can go find a **** at William and Mary who can impress all of the S&C experts on here also. If you watched Trey sermon at the beginning of the szn I’m sure you’d question OSU strength program lol Alabama recruits freaks. All those kids had a impressive athletic profile before they ever stepped in a Bama weight program.
I agree with this. It’s the easiest way to go and your left with the best possible scenario.
But look at what pedo state did with Barkley.
He went in at 5’11 190 and left weighing 234.
That’s 44 lbs of muscle and he ran a 4.4 at the combine with a vertical of 41 inches.
That is just freaking insane imo.
Yes we are doing a good job but we need to get better and get better at everything.
Know yes Barkley is an exceptionally gifted athlete and those results are difficult to duplicate.
But plenty of gifted athletes have passed through green tree.
I really ant to see what Chaney looks like next year. To me what I’ve seen form just his raw athleticism is very impressive.
mid feeley is really as good as everyone is clamoring then the Don is gonna make millions.

And...I don't think there is much difference than what you, me or anybody else on here are saying. A lot of us on here competed in some type sport in our lives, I always said the great ones are 1%, I played football and competed in bodybuilding which is a sport in which genetics make the difference. The ones that go pro are the one percenters and very few can do what Ronny Coleman accomplished, but his training was at a different level also. I'm not really sure if there is an issue with our S&C program or just recruiting more average kids, but we don't look fast and we don't look big and North Carolina proved that we aren't strong, we were bouncing off those RB's. I would say most of the issues with our lack of is who we recruit.
I don’t think Carter getting trucked has to do with his squat, press or power clean. Matter of fact I know it has nothing to do with that. That was a player, flat footed with poor leverage and he paid for it. U look at what UNC did to us in the run game it had more to do with our edge players being out of position. Basically they schemed up perfectly. A lot of times it don’t matter what u lift if your technique and leverage is off you get got at this level

Advertisement
ray lewis wrestled 183 in HS. He came here light, and made an immediate impact. He also put on good weight and left a legend.

highlights all of the issues. caliber of athlete to start, dedication to do the work, didn’t need Alabama’s nutrition program to become the GOAT, but played on teams with dwindling talent and they didn’t get the results he did. But - from folks who were at UM when Lewis was - ray lived in the weight room. culture is huge but some kids won’t let anything hold them back. those kids have greatness inside.

I think we have a Work Ethic Problem. Guys who actually put the work in see results. Just go look at the results from Rousseau, Phillips and Zion.
Lock thread right here!

The teams that were great here all pushed themselves in the gym and on the field.

I do not see that tenacity on the sideline. There is absolutely zero accountability and leadership on this team. I don’t like to say it but Manny is a participation trophy coach.

We ALL know we need a savage coach not some politician. Miami is passion and I have not seen that since the Butch era. Erickson for all his faults understood it. Manny is a lisp, limp wristed wimp who thinks he is cool. These young men need fire not coddling. No one will read this but it is basically what we have all said for years.

Semper Canes!!!

We have a talent issue.

Right now, we have 8-3 talent.

If we want 11-0 results, we need 11-0 talent.

For example, our WR corps would look different with Ahmmon, Coley, and Allen Hurns out there.

Our O-line wouldn’t look “weak” with Linder and Feliciano at the guard spots.

We overrate our talent.

If we string together multiple top 10 classes and hit on our QB evals, we’ll suddenly look “strong.”

Ability more than rankings. Harrell is in the Top 247 on the composite thigh and Washington is a 3 star. We just need to recruit more talent is the point.
I feel you. But even based on they 247 it’s not much of difference from a Athletic profile..off top I think Washington was a 88 and Harrell a 90..now it’s big gap between that and kids like Avante and James. Usually that’s how it plays out on the next level. We need to get more kids like that throughout the roster. I think manny understands that. Now can he accomplish that yearly on the trail remains to be seen

Advertisement
Back