Does UM has a S&C problem?

YUMU

Recruit
Honest questions... I don't see our athletes as physically developed as other programs, not as explosive. I see our players don't get injured as often which is positive

Do we have a problem at S&C?

Is it the athletes the other programs are recruiting?

Are other programs using "substances" we are not utilizing?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You remember what bolden/ Phillips looked like when they arrived?

you remember cam’s freshman year to now?

not that it helped his play but DJ ivey too.
Guys have gotten bigger yes. Bolden still skinny as ****. And Ivey is getting trucked by freshmen wrs. I was mainly talking about the trenches tho. O-line and d-line get pushed around by any team with a pulse

Advertisement
Advertisement
S&C, there's more to it than just getting bigger and stronger. You could take 10 players at a position and all have them do the same routines, reps, and eat the same things. All are going to physically improve, but some will look beastly, some won't. It's genetics, and it's always going to be a mixed bag of results.

Those teams you mentioned are full of physical freaks. Perfect height, size, speed for days, can jump through the roof, etc. Promise you a guy like Smith on Alabama has put work in, but he's not a physical looking guy. Strong and wiry, but we see the results.

As for results, check out Jaelan Phillips before he got here compared to now. Obviously some are putting in work.

Strength and endurance wise (Feelys job) I think we are good

Its the extra stuff the kids need to be doing on their own to get better

working on technique
Hitting the jugs machine for hours
Extra routes
Working on footwork

in today’s world the kids need to be self motivated to do those things

Advertisement
Back