Does UM has a S&C problem?

When our D gets bulldozed by a single RB who carries five guys after contact, and gains 2-3 more yards or a 1st down, **** yeah, S&C is a problem.

Advertisement
What’s gets me about them is Davonte Smith is just as small as them but a baller

Bc Bama has an elite S&C program. I heard he worked on single leg strength to help with his acceleration. I bet nobody on Miami has even heard of that. S&C isn’t just about brute strength or how you look with your shirt off, it’s functionality.

Honest questions... I don't see our athletes as physically developed as other programs, not as explosive. I see our players don't get injured as often which is positive

Do we have a problem at S&C?

Is it the athletes the other programs are recruiting?

Are other programs using "substances" we are not utilizing?
I mentioned that 2 MONTHS AGO and I wss accused of being crazy. We are not a physical team PERIOD. Good observations.

Advertisement
We've been beating this drum forever. At the end of the day, results (whether good or bad) aren't much of a tell. You can have a phenomenal S&C program and still lose all of your games.

You guys can keep referencing the big dogs of college football and how their players look different...
Well how many of our players were offered by those schools coming out of HS?
Very few, right? And I bet the ones who were, are some of our best looking players.

Better athletes usually look "bigger, stronger, faster" on the field.
There's kids at freakin' D2 schools right now who bench-press 450lbs. You know how they'd look going against SEC/ACC level athletes every week? Weak and slow.

I had a DT who left HS bench-pressing 375, squatting 605 and dead-lifting 605. He signed with Western Illinois where he was a 3 year starter.
You know what happened when that DT played against Ohio State? He got pushed around.
Compare that to the Lineman we had who signed at Miami, who was a better athlete but nowhere near as strong. He spent 4 years pushing other people around in the ACC, became The University of Miami's all-time leader in starts, and is pushing people around in the NFL. (while my kid that went to Western Illinois is a big a$$ bartender)

11 elite athletes versus 11 elite lifters - the elite athletes are gonna LOOK stronger/faster on the field.
You want Miami to look stronger/faster on the field, then start landing the stronger/faster kids out of high school like these elite programs are.

A non athlete will never get this. large number of cats here.. guys like @go canes and his fruity friends

S@C huge problem but nothing to see here ignored.
We need this to continually to be ignored fir a future excuse save it for later.

Awesome post of reality Shhhhh fir now

Zion and Jaelan went into this S&C program and I would say that it worked pretty well for them.

But someone in here said it already... cant turn chicken **** into chicken salad.

When our D gets bulldozed by a single RB who carries five guys after contact, and gains 2-3 more yards or a 1st down, **** yeah, S&C is a problem.
Nope. Technique is a problem.

Tackling well comes down to technique.

Advertisement
We’re weak very weak we just don’t know it yet BUT we will very soon it’s coming boy is it coming

Our guys haven’t seemed gassed in the 4th, which is subjective, but I don’t know how to objectively conclude anything. That being said, S&C doesn’t seem to be an issue at all.

Unforced player errors and coaching deficiencies jump out more than anything else.

I mentioned this before, our team is made of the majority of South Florida players, their HS football teams seem to focus more on speed in their training. I’m up here in NJ and the HS teams have their Middle School recruits in the gym working on strength. **** I was even benching 315 at 5’6 165 when I was 16 years old in the off season. Miami players come in looking like they never even touched a weight. Even then new recruits coming in like Taylor, he post on occasion his workouts and I laughed at what he’s putting up.

Advertisement
Honest questions... I don't see our athletes as physically developed as other programs, not as explosive. I see our players don't get injured as often which is positive

Do we have a problem at S&C?

Is it the athletes the other programs are recruiting?

Are other programs using "substances" we are not utilizing?
Alabama's Scott Cochrane went to Georgia.
Guess what happend to Alabama? Nothing changed haha
And UGA?
They're the same team since he arrived.

Advertisement
Our guys don't look as big or fast, we lack that tough streak, Chaney being an exception, runs with a mean streak and it usually takes two or three guys to bring him down. Brevin and Mallory fit that mold also, they have that dog and fight in them. Those NC running backs had that dog in them, so does Trey Sermon and Najee Harris. It has a lot to do with the athlete, but I don't think we're near the same level as the top programs with our strength and conditioning program. As much as I hate Notre Dame they were the first team in a while that were more physical than Alabama, the Tide won because they had better athletes and much better coaching.

We have an S problem, not a C problem.
We have an athlete problem.

Both in terms of the quality of athletes we recruit - genetics come into play with how much you can improve the size / strength / agility of a player - and the calibre of athlete we recruit.

A lot of these teams that we marvel at, they're grown men. Their Seniors stay to play their final year. At Miami if our Seniors have any sort of Draft grade, 9/10 they bolt for the NFL. So as fans we don't get to see the benefit of 22 year olds with 4 years of College football experience lining up for us.

TL;DR - Feeley does a good job with what he has to work with.

Soooo, after watching OSU push around Clemson's Oline AND Dline last night, I guess the S&C program at Clemson isn't very good, right?
And those guys in the secondary for Clemson who couldn't catch or tackle the OSU WR?

Our guys don't look as big or fast, we lack that tough streak, Chaney being an exception, runs with a mean streak and it usually takes two or three guys to bring him down. Brevin and Mallory fit that mold also, they have that dog and fight in them. Those NC running backs had that dog in them, so does Trey Sermon and Najee Harris. It has a lot to do with the athlete, but I don't think we're near the same level as the top programs with our strength and conditioning program. As much as I hate Notre Dame they were the first team in a while that were more physical than Alabama, the Tide won because they had better athletes and much better coaching.
You are literally explaining what makes better players BETTER PLAYERS. I can go find a **** at William and Mary who can impress all of the S&C experts on here also. If you watched Trey sermon at the beginning of the szn I’m sure you’d question OSU strength program lol Alabama recruits freaks. All those kids had a impressive athletic profile before they ever stepped in a Bama weight program.

Advertisement
Back