Does Dave Hyde know anything?

Advertisement
imagine another school hiring a former alum with zero experience for AD. only at Miami.
as someone else pointed out that school would be LSU hiring Skip Bertman and then proceeding to win 2 national championships in football.

Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think Jurich would be a no brainer. But, if not him, and we strike out with a guy like Radadovich, I think a Zo/Nunez combo might be "good enough". They've got virtually all facets of an AD covered: fundraising, experience spearheading major facility upgrades at big schools, contracts, coaching/talent assessment, large network, etc.

kind of like how I feel about it. In the back of my mind I knew it would be a tough sell to any prominent AD to have to give up some power over to a predetermined "football operations" guy to begin with. This seems like the best likely scenario.

Advertisement
We need an experienced AD. This isn’t only about ******* football. It is the entire sports program, navigating conference alignments, TV contracts, apparel deals.

We’re an ACC bottom feeder and our solution is to hire our friends.

Holy ****!
You’re correct and that’s been made a point from the beginning. I can say if Hyde knows than the rest of us truly involved in the program have been duped. To say Zo is the top choice or front runner or whatever is ridiculous. No offense to him but he’s not been the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice up to this point.

Advertisement
So there is this theory that Oregon has a open checkbook for football but now had their 247 writer begging for donations and they have NEVER once opened up the checkbook to either retain a HC or go get a quality one.

I hate the internet and all the parrots spewing false info

Yep, I've mentioned it before.

But 247 writers will talk about "Uncle Phil" as if he is some kindly old relative who is always giving you extra money in your birthday and holiday cards, and is just itching to give Mario extra millions just to stay.

Oregon could have given Mario a big raise/extension after the first Pac 12 championship. Or the second Pac 12 championship. ****, it's not like Mario is Mel Tucker. Wait, remind me what championships Mel Tucker has won?

Advertisement
If he gets the nod it will be because Jurich was shot down last minute or Purinton refused to make the move. I’d dismiss anything out of his mouth if he claims Zo was the preferred choice. That’s outright false.
Purinton? Interesting

Advertisement
Hyde doing what cis posters do. Puts out hot takes with little to no evidence to back them up

Last edited:
I agree 100%, but that is not what he said and that position is actually using Zo and his background as a strength. Making him AD would take away from his ability to do what he does best and add the most value.
Disagree .. Zo reportedly presented a comprehensive plan on how he would revitalize UM athletics overall .. and presented a STAFF that he would put in place to accomplish that. Don't underestimate his skill set and capabilities .. he would not be getting the position simply because he knows something about football.

Advertisement
Back