Does Dave Hyde know anything?

You’re correct and that’s been made a point from the beginning. I can say if Hyde knows than the rest of us truly involved in the program have been duped. To say Zo is the top choice or front runner or whatever is ridiculous. No offense to him but he’s not been the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice up to this point.
We have heard ten names in like two weeks. A lot of duping going on.

Advertisement
as someone else pointed out that school would be LSU hiring Skip Bertman and then proceeding to win 2 national championships in football.

Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

Skip Bertman wasn't an LSU alum though

Disagree .. Zo reportedly presented a comprehensive plan on how he would revitalize UM athletics overall .. and presented a STAFF that he would put in place to accomplish that. Don't underestimate his skill set and capabilities .. he would not be getting the position simply because he knows something about football.
Al Golden had a plan too. There is no substitute for experience. When you advance in your career, the rule of thumb is you should know about 70% of whatever role you are moving into. Any more, its not an advancement, any less, you are setting yourself up for failure. While having support staff is important, there are so many other components to run an AD that would take away from his ability and time to help where he could have the biggest impact. Sorry but it is nonsense. If he was an alum of any other school, you would have the pitchforks out if his name was brought up.

If he gets the nod it will be because Jurich was shot down last minute or Purinton refused to make the move. I’d dismiss anything out of his mouth if he claims Zo was the preferred choice. That’s outright false.
Wait a minute…Purinton like Alabama Purinton?

We have heard ten names in like two weeks. A lot of duping going on.
Duping probably not the best choice of words. Settling would be a more accurate analysis. And as for Skip. Let’s not try to compare Skip and Zo. Two completely different animals from a different time. I’ve had the pleasure of Skip’s company several times due to a relationship through marriage. He’s incredibly insightful relative to athletics in general and had a admin history going back to his time at Miami Beach.

Advertisement
as someone else pointed out that school would be LSU hiring Skip Bertman and then proceeding to win 2 national championships in football.

Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live
do you need me to provide you with examples of it not working out, or are you already informed?

Duping probably not the best choice of words. Settling would be a more accurate analysis. And as for Skip. Let’s not try to compare Skip and Zo. Two completely different animals from a different time. I’ve had the pleasure of Skip’s company several times due to a relationship through marriage. He’s incredibly insightful relative to athletics in general and had a admin history going back to his time at Miami Beach.

I know things are fluid but can you share what your best guess is today for a new AD to be announced?

When applying reason to all the info you’ve shared, your info definitely seems to make the most sense to me. Thanks for sharing

If he gets the nod it will be because Jurich was shot down last minute or Purinton refused to make the move. I’d dismiss anything out of his mouth if he claims Zo was the preferred choice. That’s outright false.
I doubt he got shot down.

Al Golden had a plan too. There is no substitute for experience. When you advance in your career, the rule of thumb is you should know about 70% of whatever role you are moving into. Any more, its not an advancement, any less, you are setting yourself up for failure. While having support staff is important, there are so many other components to run an AD that would take away from his ability and time to help where he could have the biggest impact. Sorry but it is nonsense. If he was an alum of any other school, you would have the pitchforks out if his name was brought up.
Lord, thank you. This is a big boy job requiring a diverse skill set and significant college administrative experience.

Advertisement
Wait a minute…Purinton like Alabama Purinton?
Yes that Purinton. Immediately ID’d as a target. Unfortunately from the jump the response was that of interest but not jumping at the possibility. Unless something massively changes he most likely will never be the guy at Bama. Florida guy who unfortunately will see the FSU gig come up very soon. Coburn was Thrashers guy which is why he got the gig. Coburn will be gone sooner than later unfortunately.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes that Purinton. Immediately ID’d as a target. Unfortunately from the jump the response was that of interest but not jumping at the possibility. Unless something massively changes he most likely will never be the guy at Bama. Florida guy who unfortunately will see the FSU gig come up very soon. Coburn was Thrashers guy which is why he got the gig. Coburn will be gone sooner than later unfortunately.

I'm not a "hot take" guy or "I posted first" guy, but for all the reasons you cited, I was a near-immediate "no" on Purinton. May be a nice guy, may be a good guy, but I just don't think he's our guy.

Advertisement
Back