Does Dave Hyde know anything?

Duping probably not the best choice of words. Settling would be a more accurate analysis. And as for Skip. Let’s not try to compare Skip and Zo. Two completely different animals from a different time. I’ve had the pleasure of Skip’s company several times due to a relationship through marriage. He’s incredibly insightful relative to athletics in general and had a admin history going back to his time at Miami Beach.
His wife was my elementary school teacher...

Advertisement
do you need me to provide you with examples of it not working out, or are you already informed?
Did you or did you not say who else hired a alum with no AD experience?

Bertman technically isn't an alum but was the 5x national champion baseball coach and had zero AD experience.

Your original point was refuted with an amazing success story so just take your L.

Bertman technically isn't an alum but was the 5x national champion baseball coach and had zero AD experience.

Your original point was refuted with an amazing success story so just take your L.
my original point:
imagine another school hiring a former alum with zero experience for AD. only at Miami.

your point:
as someone else pointed out that school would be LSU hiring Skip Bertman and then proceeding to win 2 national championships in football

you backtracking:
Bertman technically isn't an alum

LMAO

Duping probably not the best choice of words. Settling would be a more accurate analysis. And as for Skip. Let’s not try to compare Skip and Zo. Two completely different animals from a different time. I’ve had the pleasure of Skip’s company several times due to a relationship through marriage. He’s incredibly insightful relative to athletics in general and had a admin history going back to his time at Miami Beach.
I love Skip to death and I played for the guy but he taught and was an assistant football coach and obviously the head baseball coach at Beach. His administrative experience was running the athletic program at Flamingo Park.

He is the brightest baseball mind you will ever meet. His Coaching Youth Baseball is still a mandatory read. He is funny guy, too. Everybody who played from him from Beach to Miami-Dade Downtown to Miami to LSU love the guy. The famous hidden ball trick Miami ran in the 1982 College World Series is the same exact play we ran successfully at Beach. As a matter of fact, he brought the same signals we used at Beach to UM.

Advertisement
I love Skip to death and I played for the guy but he taught and was an assistant football coach and obviously the head baseball coach at Beach. His administrative experience was running the athletic program at Flamingo Park.

He is the brightest baseball mind you will ever meet. His Coaching Youth Baseball is still a mandatory read. He is funny guy, too. Everybody who played from him from Beach to Miami-Dade Downtown to Miami to LSU love the guy. The famous hidden ball trick Miami ran in the 1982 College World Series is the same exact play we ran successfully at Beach. As a matter of fact, he brought the same signals we used at Beach to UM.
Skip’s one of those guys who’s had his hands in just about everything he’s been around as everyone has trusted him immensely. What year did you graduate from Beach?

Skip’s one of those guys who’s had his hands in just about everything he’s been around as everyone has trusted him immensely. What year did you graduate from Beach?
1978. Skippy left and started Dade Downtown in 1975. That never gets talked about. Skip is the greatest. UM never wins those 2 titles without Skip.

I'm not saying that it's good or bad.

USC has been there and done that 16 years consecutively with former football players Lynn Swann 2016-2019, Pat Haden 2010-2016, and Mike Garrett 1993-2010.
Big difference is that Zo has a 21 year career working in various positions in NFL team management .. the most recent before Seattle as VP of Player Personnel with a full administrative staff and responsibilities covering contracts, compliance, personnel matters etc. Neither Swann, Haden or Garrett had any comparable athletic program management experience .. period .. prior to assuming their AD posts.

Advertisement
Nearly anyone would be better than Manny and I have no doubt that Dorsey would be better than Manny, but we need someone with P5 HC experience.

And, now an eye-rolling take that many will attack me for, but here goes: an interesting move for UM when Flake hired Manny could've been Butch with Dorsey as OC/HC in waiting, ala Jimbo under Bobbah. THAT could've been a really interesting, strategic move with Ken taking over in year 4.

Big difference is that Zo has a 21 year career working in various positions in NFL team management .. the most recent before Seattle as VP of Player Personnel with a full administrative staff and responsibilities covering contracts, compliance, personnel matters etc. Neither Swann, Haden or Garrett had any comparable athletic program management experience .. period .. prior to assuming their AD posts.
This is a big distinction. Zo has a resume that lines up with what we’d want from an AD. The guy wouldn’t get this job just because he’s a Miami guy. He’d get it because being a Miami guy opened the door, and he has two decades worth of NFL experience.

Advertisement
Stage is being set for...

- Highsmith/Torretta individual/combo with nuts and bolts back office "adult supervision"
- Manny HC 2022
- Dorsey as OC... installed as HC internship with Diaz looking over his shoulder every second of everyday

2022 Manuela makes ACCCG... ok... keep. everyone in-place...

2022 Manuela flames out...hola y que pasa HC Ken "The Wunderkind" Dorsey as your 2023 Miami Hurricanes HC

Pa-pow

Not calling it.... but it would appear as a legitimate possibility...

Stage is being set for...

- Highsmith/Torretta individual/combo with nuts and bolts back office "adult supervision"
- Manny HC 2022
- Dorsey as OC... installed as HC internship with Diaz looking over his shoulder every second of everyday

2022 Manuela makes ACCCG... ok... keep. everyone in-place...

2022 Manuela flames out...hola y que pasa HC Ken "The Wunderkind" Dorsey as your 2023 Miami Hurricanes HC

Pa-pow

Not calling it.... but it would appear as a legitimate possibility...
No way ... Manny Diaz is toast. Done.

Advertisement

What happened with him and Miami? I thought he was going to succeed Ron Fraser..

I heard this from Frasers daughter who I'm close friends with....

Advertisement
Back