Does Dave Hyde know anything?

imagine another school hiring a former alum with zero experience for AD. only at Miami.
I'm not saying that it's good or bad.

USC has been there and done that 16 years consecutively with former football players Lynn Swann 2016-2019, Pat Haden 2010-2016, and Mike Garrett 1993-2010.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How was BLAKE JAMES qualified to be the AD of a major D1 program .. his background was TICKET SALES. Seriously. Apparently Zo had an interview this past Wednesday and "knocked it out of the park". His VP of Player Personnel job was more than recruiting director .. he was responsible for contracts, administration, legal compliance matters. He REPORTEDLY presented a comprehensive plan including a very experienced staff, for revitalizing the athletic department. Many people making comments "he's unqualified" without REALLY knowing his actual qualifications and his plan. There is a lot more to AH than simply being a former UM football player.
Binders. Did he bring binders?

Advertisement
Dave Hyde is a hack who has ZERO sources when it comes to UM football. The fact that he mentions that Zo is the frontrunner and Dorsey is a candidate for the HC job tells you everything you need to know

Basketball lost by 30 last night and got run off the floor by Dayton who lost the 3 previous games to terrible teams…

Welcome Back Zo! Now fix it.

As much as I would like Manny to be gone by now, it makes sense to let the new AD do his job. However, I think it goes without saying that the expectation is for Manny to be fired and the BOT/President can definitely make that clear at the interview.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have seen over the past few years former players/coaches becoming ad’s . Lynn swann at usc Phillip fulmer at Tennessee. Highsmith is a very smart guy and knows what he’s doing
If you want to discuss USC ADs, don’t ignore Pat Haden and Mike Garrett. Both were USC alumn with less front office experience than Zo when they took the job.

Garrett (former USC RB) inherited a USC football team that was not good. Garrett came under fire when he hired Pete Carroll (go back and read the articles written at the time), and that turned out well.

Lynn Swann.

As a Steelers fans I loved him. But he was a terrible AD
Mixed bag. Had the balls to fire John Robinson. Fired Paul Hackett after 3 seasons and hired Pete Carroll. USC won two dozen national titles in various sports. He gets tagged for OJ Mayo and Reggie Bush.

Advertisement
Basketball lost by 30 last night and got run off the floor by Dayton who lost the 3 previous games to terrible teams…

Welcome Back Zo! Now fix it.
funny you bring that up. Nunez has close ties with the Dayton basketball staff (which is proving to be amongst the best in the sport0

We need an experienced AD. This isn’t only about ******* football. It is the entire sports program, navigating conference alignments, TV contracts, apparel deals.

We’re an ACC bottom feeder and our solution is to hire our friends.

Holy ****!
"Ya but bro only someone on the greatest CFB team ever assembled should be allowed to work here at THA U!"

I can. USC did it with Lynn Swann…It was a disaster.
Zo wouldn’t be my first choice for AD, but there’s a few differences between Zo and Swann. First, Swann never had any operations/exec experience at a professional level. Zo has nine years of that experience in the NFL. Second, Swann never had any talent evaluation experience. Zo has years of that in the NFL. I have no doubt that Zo understands what it takes to run a successful organization. That would transfer well to an Athletic Department.

If I had my choice. Jurich would be walking into the Hecht today.

Mixed bag. Had the balls to fire John Robinson. Fired Paul Hackett after 3 seasons and hired Pete Carroll. USC won two dozen national titles in various sports. He gets tagged for OJ Mayo and Reggie Bush.
You mean Mike Garrett. He was a he Heisman winning RB who accomplished that. Still makes your point

Advertisement
Back