Does Dave Hyde know anything?

I think a couple weeks ago, that was the sentiment. However, based on insider reports, Zo supposedly blew away his interview for the search firm and Zo himself has repositioned himself to go for the AD gig. He supposedly has "a plan" for the AD spot which has folks considering him for that gig.

I like Highsmith and would like him involved with the program. But making him AD is insane. I don't care how many binders he brought to the interview. Blake James was not qualified to be an AD. We cannot keep hiring unqualified people. In this day in age, you need experience within a major athletic department. It is a requirement.

Advertisement
Stoops is a better coach than Mario
You’re probably right in X’s and O’s. Mario would do better here than Stoops imo. Stoops seems like a hard a$$ that wouldn’t fit in with the S. fla divas down here, but maybe that’s just my bland take. He’s not a bad coach at all, just think a .500 record even at Kentucky is nothing to roll out the red carpet for.

Advertisement
Agree somewhat because that means Manny is 1000% fired, so at least we’d be getting a new coach (and presumably, that indicates Mario is coming). However, you’re exactly right in that he’s not qualified to successfully execute the rest of the AD requirements, and would be quite underwhelming after all the promises of big fish hunting.
How was BLAKE JAMES qualified to be the AD of a major D1 program .. his background was TICKET SALES. Seriously. Apparently Zo had an interview this past Wednesday and "knocked it out of the park". His VP of Player Personnel job was more than recruiting director .. he was responsible for contracts, administration, legal compliance matters. He REPORTEDLY presented a comprehensive plan including a very experienced staff, for revitalizing the athletic department. Many people making comments "he's unqualified" without REALLY knowing his actual qualifications and his plan. There is a lot more to AH than simply being a former UM football player.

You’re probably right in X’s and O’s For sure, Mario would do better here than Stoops imo. Stoops seems like a hard a$$ that wouldn’t fit in with the S. fla divas down here, but maybe that’s just my bland take. He’s not a bad coach at all, just think a .500 record even at Kentucky is nothing to roll out the red carpet for.
I don’t disagree. Mario is like the chosen one lol

Advertisement
You’re probably right in X’s and O’s. Mario would do better here than Stoops imo. Stoops seems like a hard a$$ that wouldn’t fit in with the S. fla divas down here, but maybe that’s just my bland take. He’s not a bad coach at all, just think a .500 record even at Kentucky is nothing to roll out the red carpet for.
I’m not a stoops guy whatsoever but got to remember he was at Miami in the early 2000’s so he knows what Miami is about. I’m starting to think since lsu plans with Riley fell through they are going to go after stoops

What I took from the Hyde article:

1. Oregon right now is on a level far above UM. There is absolutely zero football-based rationale for Mario to spurn OU for UM.

2. Kiffin not known as a recruiter.

I don’t disagree. Mario is like the chosen one lol
Yeah I’m not saying Mario is a god at all, he certainly has plenty of flaws (don’t say that on here though, you might be run off the board) but anything, even a sack of potatoes, instead of Manny at this point.

Advertisement
If Dorsey wants to coach CFB, he needs to go cut his teeth at a G5 school.
That’s hella disrespectful. Ken was instrumental in the development of Cam Newton and Josh Allen. Guy has NFL pedigree on a championship caliber offense. He’s less than 5 years away from being an NFL head coach candidate and you think he should go coach G5?? The guy is the passing game coordinator for the number 5 passing attack in the league Lol

Hopefully the insiders will tell us what specific BOT members are behind this. It would a shame to smear the wrong names if nothing ends up changing, but if scorched earth gets their attention, so be it.

People already know about Epstein, and it is also NOT NOT NOT DiMare. Most of the old guard stays quite and uses dull tools like Ferman for their disinformation campaigns. Look to the past, see who has supported Manny Diaz in the past (Kadre) and who has favored Mario Cristobal (Soffer). Beyond that, don't expect to see the minutes of the meetings and any written roll call votes.

Advertisement
I like Highsmith and would like him involved with the program. But making him AD is insane. I don't care how many binders he brought to the interview. Blake James was not qualified to be an AD. We cannot keep hiring unqualified people. In this day in age, you need experience within a major athletic department. It is a requirement.

I think Jurich would be a no brainer. But, if not him, and we strike out with a guy like Radadovich, I think a Zo/Nunez combo might be "good enough". They've got virtually all facets of an AD covered: fundraising, experience spearheading major facility upgrades at big schools, contracts, coaching/talent assessment, large network, etc.

I want Jurich. I definitely don't mind Zo being here to assist as Dir of Football Operations.
I agree 100%, but that is not what he said and that position is actually using Zo and his background as a strength. Making him AD would take away from his ability to do what he does best and add the most value.

Advertisement
Back