Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.
Completely agree I just hope all these young kids stick it out with Miami and see how things go with the next coach...

Advertisement
But, if Mario is the coach that yall believe he is, then you’re absolutely right, we should waltz into the ACCCG.
Year 1, 10-2/11-1 should be the expectations for Mario.
Eh? Cant tell if you're serious or messing around. I think the argument from the reasonable Mario folks is that he's a program/culture builder and recruiter. Not sure he'll take what we have and make magic of it immediately because his best attributes take some time and transformation. And, no, you know I'm not a Mario or Lane or whoever guy. I just don't care about the coach until it's proven we care about the deeper issues of this program.

Eh? Cant tell if you're serious or messing around. I think the argument from the reasonable Mario folks is that he's a program/culture builder and recruiter. Not sure he'll take what we have and make magic of it immediately because his best attributes take some time and transformation. And, no, you know I'm not a Mario or Lane or whoever guy. I just don't care about the coach until it's proven we care about the deeper issues of this program.
I’m just looking out for my fellow Canes fans, thats all lol

I don’t think for one second we’re going to win 10/11 games out the gate with Mario, but if Mario is the guy they believe he is & they wanna set the bar high, who am I to stop them?

It’s a cautionary tale to not set the bar too high, but if they wanna set it high, gone on & set it up there then lol 🤷🏽‍♂️

Watch, bro. Bookmark this and call me out. Not saying he will win or even be a finalist, but you will see his name pop up in Heisman conversations at some point IMO.
You do know that he may not be the best QB on the roster, right? Ijs, you may be getting ahead of yourself. The new OC might like someone else for their offense. I understand that TvD has some exp. now but that other cat is special and he will surely leave for the portal. Lashlee won't be here next season and they all will be learning a new system together. It will be up to who can master the playbook and transfer it to field the best in the new HC & OC's eyes

The roster will look nice for an incoming staff but the structure and development part of the program is indeed in a rebuild. The next staff may not be trying to tell bedtime stories to the players and may actually mean business when they come in.

I can already hear the noise on cis that we should automatically win 10gms, the acccg and a NY6. I want a staff that comes in working, not talking. Set the tone with the players and put it in action. Let your work speak for itself.

Don't let Jake go to trailerhassee at all cost.

You do know that he may not be the best QB on the roster, right? Ijs, you may be getting ahead of yourself. The new OC might like someone else for their offense. I understand that TvD has some exp. now but that other cat is special and he will surely leave for the portal. Lashlee won't be here next season and they all will be learning a new system together. It will be up to who can master the playbook and transfer it to field the best in the new HC & OC's eyes

The roster will look nice for an incoming staff but the structure and development part of the program is indeed in a rebuild. The next staff may not be trying to tell bedtime stories to the players and may actually mean business when they come in.

I can already hear the noise on cis that we should automatically win 10gms, the acccg and a NY6. I want a staff that comes in working, not talking. Set the tone with the players and put it in action. Let your work speak for itself.

Cool, bookmark this and call me out then. I'm down.

Also how good (or great) Garcia is has absolutely nothing do do with how good TVD is. ****, look at Miami 1983 for example.

Advertisement
OP is delusional. The roster has spotty talent, but that's more than offset by positions of inexcusable weakness. Trenches have not been championship caliber since Butch. Next years recruiting class is a disaster. Coaching and fundamentals are abysmal (no development).

Severity of the situation has been obscured by a pathetic conference, a few portal quick hits to slow the bleeding, and a blue moon recruiting class of freshman, only made possible by Covid travel restrictions.

Make no mistake, whoever comes in will have his hands full. Expect inconsistency for a couple seasons--beat some good teams, but lose some headscratchers. This program won't be back on track for real until you see multiple, back-to-back top-10 recruiting classes. I think it's three years of heavy lifting, best case. If the record looks great before then, it's like MSU--fool's gold.

It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.
There are huge gaps at linebacker and corner that need to be filled immediately for any coach to win.

LFG.

Go Canes.
not saying I disagree on your overall point but lost me at "experience star QB"
I love this kid but you’re cutting me deep with that last part

How did my boy look last night, again? I really hope you guys start to see it, because you're missing out on what's its like to watch an elite QB play at Miami, and he's going to be gone before we know it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 2.58.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 2.58.58 PM.png
    860.4 KB · Views: 6
How did my boy look last night, again? I really hope you guys start to see it, because you're missing out on what's its like to watch an elite QB play at Miami, and he's going to be gone before we know it.
Why are you quoting me?

I’ve started several threads and made many posts praising him

I only said what I said because it would devastate me if he left next year lol

He’s THE guy

Advertisement
Why are you quoting me?

I’ve started several threads and made many posts praising him

I only said what I said because it would devastate me if he left next year lol

He’s THE guy

Ah you know what I thought you meant the part that was cutting you deep was my thoughts that he can be in the Heisman convo... I see you mean that it was him leaving. My bad, amigo. Yeah, probably one more year with him unless he's the type of guy who wants to come back.

Ah you know what I thought you meant the part that was cutting you deep was my thoughts that he can be in the Heisman convo... I see you mean that it was him leaving. My bad, amigo. Yeah, probably one more year with him unless he's the type of guy who wants to come back.
All good my man!

TVD is that dude. I think most of the threads I’ve started this year have been about him

The most impressive part to me is his demeanor. I started a thread saying the FSU game actually took him up another level to me

To be able to be in such a huge hole and dig himself out was super impressive to me

He has everything you could ask for, with still lots to improve on

I’m with you 10000%

Cool, bookmark this and call me out then. I'm down.

Also how good (or great) Garcia is has absolutely nothing do do with how good TVD is. ****, look at Miami 1983 for example.

Inspired by another post on another thread today, I'm bumping this for a few reasons. I'm glad most everyone is coming around on TVD. He has the chance to be one of the very best that have ever played QB here. If there are any doubters still out there, get on the bus and enjoy watching this kid play. It's going to be phenomenal to see this year.

Also from a macro thread perspective, we are seeing how a late recruiting run, a beyond legit staff, and working the portal can transform a program. Everyone should clearly trust in Mario at this point. We have a long way to go, but I don't think we need to set the bar low. We can win a lot of games this year. If we fall a little short, I'm good there too. The building blocks and DNA of a winning program are clearly being put in place here. I can't promise a timeline, but Mario is going to win big here.

Inspired by another post on another thread today, I'm bumping this for a few reasons. I'm glad most everyone is coming around on TVD. He has the chance to be one of the very best that have ever played QB here. If there are any doubters still out there, get on the bus and enjoy watching this kid play. It's going to be phenomenal to see this year.

Also from a macro thread perspective, we are seeing how a late recruiting run, a beyond legit staff, and working the portal can transform a program. Everyone should clearly trust in Mario at this point. We have a long way to go, but I don't think we need to set the bar low. We can win a lot of games this year. If we fall a little short, I'm good there too. The building blocks and DNA of a winning program are clearly being put in place here. I can't promise a timeline, but Mario is going to win big here.
Doesn't what Cristobal has done (and is planning to do) go against the notion that it's not a rebuild?

He's targeting 8+ more portal guys, to add to the 6 he's already brought in. Evidently he plans to turn things around quickly here (and you can with great recruiting), but clearly he wasn't impressed at all with the roster when he arrived.

Advertisement
Doesn't what Cristobal has done (and is planning to do) go against the notion that it's not a rebuild?

He's targeting 8+ more portal guys, to add to the 6 he's already brought in. Evidently he plans to turn things around quickly here (and you can with great recruiting), but clearly he wasn't impressed at all with the roster when he arrived.

To me a "rebuild" is the type of language you use when you need to first tear it down to build it back up. When you "rebuild" you usually have to take a step or too backwards (gut the roster, play a lot of young guys who aren't ready, and lose a lot of games in your first year) before you can start winning. The portal is suddenly an essential part of roster management. I don't consider that rebuilding. We have some real difference makers on the roster already (QB, safeties, WR, RB, TE) who will be the stars IMO. The new players will be mostly complimentary and used to fill the gaps where we're weak. We can take a major step forward THIS SEASON.

LFG.

A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
Yeeaaaahh...but that's what CiS specializes in. Posts like this that progressively raise the bar until any reasonable season result is a failure. By August it'll be all about how we have no reason not to make the playoff.

Advertisement
Yeeaaaahh...but that's what CiS specializes in. Posts like this that progressively raise the bar until any reasonable season result is a failure. By August it'll be all about how we have no reason not to make the playoff.

Please don't lump all posters together. :)

We have the pieces in place, from an S&C standpoint, roster improvement, growth from our very good 2001 freshman class, coaching, resources, and portal to be a significantly improved team this year. There is nothing wrong with saying that.

And like I said above:

"We have a long way to go, but I don't think we need to set the bar low. We can win a lot of games this year. If we fall a little short, I'm good there too. The building blocks and DNA of a winning program are clearly being put in place here. I can't promise a timeline, but Mario is going to win big here."

I'm not going clown anyone if things don't go our way. The future it bright, period. But I'll bet every single player and coach on that team thinks then can do big things this year and would tell you as much. Winners believe.

Please don't lump all posters together. :)

We have the pieces in place, from an S&C standpoint, roster improvement, growth from our very good 2001 freshman class, coaching, resources, and portal to be a significantly improved team this year. There is nothing wrong with saying that.

And like I said above:

"We have a long way to go, but I don't think we need to set the bar low. We can win a lot of games this year. If we fall a little short, I'm good there too. The building blocks and DNA of a winning program are clearly being put in place here. I can't promise a timeline, but Mario is going to win big here."

I'm not going clown anyone if things don't go our way. The future it bright, period. But I'll bet every single player and coach on that team thinks then can do big things this year and would tell you as much. Winners believe.
What I'm saying is these posts that set expectations always lead to later posts with higher expectations. That's not your fault, but it is a fact. There's somebody in here right now who's thinking they need to push this a little more so they can be more of a hero than you if things go well. And that will be followed by some other hero whose highest ideal in life is to be the guy who called it on the internet before it happened. Eventually, guys will be saying there's no reason we can't go undefeated in the coastal, 50% chance to win the ACCCG, a NY bowl win, and a top 3 class. And they won't just be saying there's a chance, that will be their expectation. That sounds silly, but I guarantee that'll be where some porsters are at by August.

Advertisement
Back