Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

Advertisement
With Lane I would say 10 games with the weapons he should have his disposal. We may not be able to stop anyone but the score board would be lighting up. May have to win games 55-45.

No one is scoring 45 on Miami next year with a great DC, Williams, Kitchens, Williams, Taylor, etc. on the field. We may not be a top 20 defense, but we're not giving up 50 burgers. Not even close.

Watch what a good staff can do with a few key elite pieces. Just a few good guys can take the stress off the rest of a defense and make everyone better. Same with a QB on O.

I think you guys are underestimating how important the trenches are, there’s gonna be a lot of holes on this roster that can’t be fixed in just one offseason thru the portal.
Campbell and Rivers are back. Just scheme alone with gap integrity will make us better up front. We can most certainly live with JHH and LT as our starters and push Roberts inside with Miller. Yeah, we need at least one from the portal.

No one is scoring 45 on Miami next year with a great DC, Williams, Kitchens, Williams, Taylor, etc. on the field. We may not be a top 20 defense, but we're not giving up 50 burgers. Not even close.

Watch what a good staff can do with a few key elite pieces. Just a few good guys can take the stress off the rest of a defense and make everyone better. Same with a QB on O.
Question, are we keeping our DB commits? You have Harrell coming back as well. My guess is Clarke and Dunson will be better next year in a new scheme. So will Couch.

Advertisement
Question, are we keeping our DB commits? You have Harrell coming back as well. My guess is Clarke and Dunson will be better next year in a new scheme. So will Couch.
I think that one from ms said he would stay if manny stayed
I don’t know if that’s a good thing

It’s a rebuild compared to the Oregon program…leave a winning a program to come to a rebuild and culture change..Nope

It’s absolutely not a rebuild the roster has talent the coaching has been bad… like I said in another post Richt came in with Goldens recruits and won 9 games in year 1… won 10 in year 2 with Rosier of all QBs

Advertisement
Seems to me OL and DL are the hardest to get out of the portal.

Not many elite or great linemen seem to want to transfer.

We probably need 3 OL and 2 DE in the portal next year, but I don’t see how we get five quality trench players from the portal when the picking there is so slim
I wasn't specifically saying portal. I meant portal/recruiting. Guys like Stewart, Blisianthe, and Earl Little Jr would go a long way to our future if you add them to our current youth talent

A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.

I’ve done this for 18 years, all they have to do is win a bowl game and I’d be content. Andddd they still come up short lol

A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
The spin from “any competent coach can win here” to “give him time” will cause whiplash for some…

We realistically should have 1 or 2 losses max with a High School Head Coach. The roster is good if everyone stays. OL, LB and CB are needs but this roster is far from a rebuild in my opinion..

Advertisement
It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.
Star QB? Where? Who did we recruit? I know youre not referring to the guy who threw 3 TD and 4 picks…

The transfer portal
some difference makers in the freshman class
two really good QBs
playing in a putrid division

it won't take much to win this division and get to the ACC title game

This recruiting class is going to hurt us and we are not going to grab a bunch of superstars in the portal for each position of need, we will lack depth. The culture is broken as well, but hey we should immediately win 10 games and win the ACC. We have such an unrealistic fan base. We haven’t put together 3 consecutive really good recruiting classes in forever, we have players that regress instead of developing more, and we have had **** show coaches for basically 20 years. We have had 1 ten win season since 2003. Our infrastructure isn’t even on big boy football level yet, let’s settle down

Advertisement
It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.

This recruiting class is going to hurt us and we are not going to grab a bunch of superstars in the portal for each position of need, we will lack depth. The culture is broken as well, but hey we should immediately win 10 games and win the ACC. We have such an unrealistic fan base. We haven’t put together 3 consecutive really good recruiting classes in forever, we have players that regress instead of developing more, and we have had **** show coaches for basically 20 years. We have had 1 ten win season since 2003. Our infrastructure isn’t even on big boy football level yet, let’s settle down
Program transforming S&C on the way. Hans and Franz are going to pump you up.

I have to be in the minority but I feel I'm the only one who can see Lane winning the ACC year one with the offense we have and a upgraded Defensive staff. Win ACC year one with a fun offense would surely boost recruiting. But maybe I'm just not giving Mario his flowers

Advertisement
Back