Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

Advertisement
You can’t fix this entitlement and culture in just a year or two. This will be a rebuilding process.
Completely agree. Year one will be some growing pains. You will see a bunch of players go in the portal, particularly if Mario comes here. Some players are in for a rude awakening if we get a coach who is a tough SOB and looking to build a mentally/physically tough team. But I believe a number of them, especially the younger crew will embrace it and be up to the challenge.

This is partly why I think Lane would have more immediate success, but Mario could build for more sustainable success.

Program transforming S&C on the way. Hans and Franz are going to pump you up.
A4082FF8-3137-43B8-8FDC-04082915CB92.gif

Advertisement
I have to be in the minority but I feel I'm the only one who can see Lane winning the ACC year one with the offense we have and a upgraded Defensive staff. Win ACC year one with a fun offense would surely boost recruiting. But maybe I'm just not giving Mario his flowers
Slightly better D THIS YEAR would have won the ACC. Now insert Kiffin.... **** yeah he could win it in year one.

Need LB too small at the position a terrible Oline, CB help is needed a weak Oline no DEs a weak Oline

A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
@Liberty City El I respect you as much as anyone on this board. You bring much appreciated insight and perspective. But regarding your post, I have a couple of questions:

1) Top to bottom, which roster in the Coastal do you think has more talent than ours going into next season?
2) Which HC from the Coastal would you prefer over Mario if you could have your pick?

I get that we have plenty of holes. And I get that Mario isn't Saban. But if the answer to the first question is 'no one' and to the second 'no one', then why shouldn't we have an expectation for Mario to win the Coastal at least? That's where I am.

I don't expect Mario - if he comes - to win a NC next year. And I recognize getting back to that stage - if its ever possible again - will take a lot of heavy lifting. But I don't think it's unreasonable for Mario - or any solid HC - to take this roster and win the coastal next season.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El I respect you as much as anyone on this board. You bring much appreciated insight and perspective. But regarding your post, I have a couple of questions:

1) Top to bottom, which roster in the Coastal do you think has more talent than ours going into next season?
2) Which HC from the Coastal would you prefer over Mario if you could have your pick?

I get that we have plenty of holes. And I get that Mario isn't Saban. But if the answer to the first question is 'no one' and to the second 'no one', then why shouldn't we have an expectation for Mario to win the Coastal at least? That's where I am.

I don't expect Mario - if he comes - to win a NC next year. And I recognize getting back to that stage - if its ever possible again - will take a lot of heavy lifting. But I don't think it's unreasonable for Mario - or any solid HC - to take this roster and win the coastal next season.
You’re 100% right.

My comment wasn’t for me, it was for yall, I was trying to give yall advice to not get your hopes up too high in order to avoid disappointment...

But, if Mario is the coach that yall believe he is, then you’re absolutely right, we should waltz into the ACCCG.
Year 1, 10-2/11-1 should be the expectations for Mario.

Don’t ever let me stop yall from setting the bar where yall think its feasible, I was just looking out for yall lol 🤷🏽‍♂️

You’re 100% right.

My comment wasn’t for me, it was for yall, I was trying to give yall advice to not get your hopes up too high in order to avoid disappointment...

But, if Mario is the coach that yall believe he is, then you’re absolutely right, we should waltz into the ACCCG.
Year 1, 10-2/11-1 should be the expectations for Mario.

Don’t ever let me stop yall from setting the bar where yall think its feasible, I was just looking out for yall lol 🤷🏽‍♂️
Because of this season, I have no expectations anymore. I get it, Manny/Blake but ****, we should’ve had a better season than this in spite of them. I understand you LCE, we can’t get too high right now.

Won 10 games ONCE the last 18 years, but sure, we should expect 10 wins from the first year coach after this team won 19 the last 3 seasons. I'm expecting around 8 wins, and A LOT of shootouts, will be pleasantly surprised if we do better.

1637389053570.png

Advertisement
Lane already showed he could outshine jimbo this year. We beat A&M and Clemson next year and we could be in playoffs year one. Very high floor with Kiffin out the gate. And he would be motivated by the national hate for coming to Miami. Hire a staff of recruiters and let Lane & Lebby put the numbers up on these weak *** ACC schools.

Following you, lmao

How about I open a thread for you when I go take a dump, just make.sure you refresh enough to know when it's time to wipe my ***.
You are one sick ******. You want another man to wipe your ***? This is CIS, not grinder. Wrong site, you hella sus, girl.

Here. Just for you, sweetie. You can tighten that period up
54e77626-e5a2-4879-b27e-3851b21468ff_text.gif

Advertisement
What is the full schedule for next season? OOC I only see home vs Southern Miss and at TAMU, plus the Coastal team and at Clemson. What are the other two games?

This will be a rebuild. We have 400 missed tackles since 2019. We are the 121st in penalties! Players would have to learn a new offensive and defensive system. That does not happen over night

Advertisement
Back