Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

It is a rebuild. The entire athletic department, specifically the football operations from top to bottom. Hence why we are looking for a new AD. And it needs to be done if we finally want to play with the big boys. Although I agree that the roster has some nice pieces, there are missing pieces throughout the roster. It don’t matter who the coach is. Some restraint is a good idea. If we win it’s only because the coastal is just bad!

Advertisement
Portal needs:

OL - At least 2, maybe 3 if a bad decision is made
DT - At least 1
DE - At least 2
LB - At least 2, depending on the defense we play
CB - At least 2, depending on decisions made

A lot of needs.

Some of it can be done, but gonna need some luck, too.
Basically a whole new defense, like I was telling the other dude, lol.. Our current oline coach felt oline bringing back Campbell and Rivers would be solid coming back and didnt expect to hit portal unless it was a big time player, lol..

I’m not saying it’s a rebuild either.
But I’m done with the player projections we have been doing for years as well as the constant development talk for players that didn’t pan out.
I thought Garvin was gonna be a first rounder and he was coached by Kool and Simpson.
We won’t know what we have till they play.
We won’t know if the players we have will fit whatever system the new coach runs.

You think stoops is gonna run an air raid spread ?
He will come in here and see thad brown and Don and be more than happy to start pounding the rock day 1.

What if the dc wants to run a 3-4 defense.
I’m not saying we can’t win 10 games.
But let’s not lose our minds if it doesn’t happen.

"Real good shot at 10 wins."

Not sure why people are having trouble digesting that sentence or adding manufactured hyperbole to it.

Why should we set the bar low for Mario? We set the bar high for Manny, Golden, and Shannon. We're going to pay Mario's buy out and Manny's buyout to get him. Give him millions for staff. Why in this circumstance would we set the bar low when he's the biggest name we've ever had?

Mario is expected to be a homerun hire with a star qb in waiting. I can not understand why, of all of our coaches, we'd give HIM an excuse to be good instead of great.
I don’t disagree at all, but I’m just tryna help yall out 🤷🏽‍♂️

Just don’t want to see you guys be disappointed if yall build that statue too early lol...

Advertisement
It's a cultural rebuild. Don't diminish it.

This is a 5-5 team for a reason and Diaz is 19-15 with these kids for the same reasons. Scattered talent and a lot of holes.

Whoever takes over is going to ultimately run some kids off with his approach, and this 2022 recruiting class is currently an abortion.

Let's not act like whoever gets the job is just going to fall into 10-win seasons—despite the program having one since 2003.

Unrealized potential is still something that has to be solved and there will always be one step forward and two steps back.

You set false expectations with this plug-and-play mindset; "New better just hit the ground running!"

No, it's not a full rebuild—but it's also not an overnight fix, either. This program is 15 years removed from championship ways and has to start doing enough to win the Coastal before it wins the ACC before it wins Playoff games and before it wins national titles again. Dare I say a phrase that is hated around these parts, there's a "process".

Advertisement
Basically a whole new defense, like I was telling the other dude, lol.. Our current oline coach felt oline bringing back Campbell and Rivers would be solid coming back and didnt expect to hit portal unless it was a big time player, lol..
Depends if we hold our DB class holds. We need at least 2 linebackers and 2 defensive ends.

It's a cultural rebuild. Don't diminish it.

This is a 5-5 team for a reason and Diaz is 19-15 with these kids for the same reasons. Scattered talent and a lot of holes.

Whoever takes over is going to ultimately run some kids off with his approach, and this 2022 recruiting class is currently an abortion.

Let's not act like whoever gets the job is just going to fall into 10-win seasons—despite the program having one since 2003.

Unrealized potential is still something that has to be solved and there will always be one step forward and two steps back.

You set false expectations with this plug-and-play mindset; "New better just hit the ground running!"

No, it's not a full rebuild—but it's also not an overnight fix, either. This program is 15 years removed from championship ways and has to start doing enough to win the Coastal before it wins the ACC before it wins Playoff games and before it wins national titles again. Dare I say a phrase that is hated around these parts, there's a "process".

What was FAU and MISS' record the year before and the year after Kiffin got there?

What was Baylor the year before and the year after Aranda got there?

What was FIU and Oregon the year before and the year after Mario got there?

Mel Tucker?

Which of these teams had more talent than Miami has next year in year 1? Good coaches figure it out.

You know how you rebuild culture? You have an alpha coach who everyone f'ing respects walk through the door on day 1.

You think anyone on this roster is going to think they know better than Mario Cristobal or Lane Kiffin? These guys are football celebrities. What do you do when you're the new guy who walks into the prison yard? You walkup to the baddest mother ****** and punch him in the face. God help the first kid who challenges Mario or Kiffin's program. They are going to get proverbially punched in the face and made an example out of. You can change culture in one meeting and one work out. Give these guys a morning.

Last edited:
OL, DL LB and CB need a full on talent infusion, can’t do that all in one offseason especially with how bad the recruiting class is.

Advertisement
OL, DL LB and CB need a full on talent infusion, can’t do that all in one offseason especially with how bad the recruiting class is.
Mel Tucker endorses this message. You bring in Cristobal or Kiffin with a real commitment to win and we should be able to bring in a portal infusion that gets us well enough to win the Coastal next year. You also may have portal entries not even known because they want to come home. The 2023 class should be pretty darn good with a competent staff.

Advertisement
I think you guys are underestimating how important the trenches are, there’s gonna be a lot of holes on this roster that can’t be fixed in just one offseason thru the portal.

With Lane I would say 10 games with the weapons he should have his disposal. We may not be able to stop anyone but the score board would be lighting up. May have to win games 55-45.

Kiffin has been a HC for 10 years. In 7 of the 10 years, his defenses ranked in the top 1/3 in CFB. Kinda flies in the face of the "he doesn't care about defense" narrative. Fans seem to forget who his dad is. Monte would beat Lanes *** if Lane didn't think D was important.

Advertisement
Back