Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

Advertisement
A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
Good luck with this

You’re 1000% correct and I agree

But good luck haha

Advertisement
Your wrong it is a rebuild.

The roster is in shambles and the upper classman are mostly poison. We will be lucky to have a top 50 class and kids will leave. The portal might get you a couple of starters, maybe even a couple of NFL prospects but thats it. You want to win Miami style then we not only cant have major gaps we have to have dudes on the bench that are going pro in multiple positions.

No coach comes in without any good players on the roster. We have some good players but the holes in this roster are undeniable. At this point its just weird you guys cant see it. We may have athletes but we do not have that many high football IQ players on the team. We have been roster challenged for years... a new coach isnt going to fix that overnight.

The entire reason Manny is getting fired is because he took a top 15 team, talent wise, and lost half his games. If a competent coach is on the sidelines Miami loses to Bama and that's it. These coaches aren't stupid, they know that.

Anybody saying Miami is a rebuild is ignorant or trying to convince themselves of something else.

Advertisement
A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
Why should we set the bar low for Mario? We set the bar high for Manny, Golden, and Shannon. We're going to pay Mario's buy out and Manny's buyout to get him. Give him millions for staff. Why in this circumstance would we set the bar low when he's the biggest name we've ever had?

Mario is expected to be a homerun hire with a star qb in waiting. I can not understand why, of all of our coaches, we'd give HIM an excuse to be good instead of great.

I disagree. Just because we have some talented dudes does not mean it is not a rebuild. If any of the dudes you mentioned leave/get injured, then what? Also ***** left us razor thin at many places and non existent at other (*Cough LB Cough*).

Is it a total rebuild where it needs to be nuked and then completely rebuilt? No, again, we have some talent in key areas like QB, WR, RB, etc. But it is a rebuild. Like @Liberty City El said, don't put next season on a pedestal because we just may be disappointed if we don't automagically see results.

Someone mentioned Pickett, the kid at Virginia, and Howell are all gone next year. With competent coaching this team wins the coastal.

Yeah, there's stuff to fix before we are talking playoffs and winning the ACC, but one touchdown less a game given up on defense will win the Coastal.

Advertisement
If by "rebuild" you mean that we have to strip this thing down to the studs, then I would wholeheartedly disagree. This roster is not bereft of talent. We have massive holes no doubt, but we are talented in various areas as well.

To me, this is more of a work in progress. The young bucks will have some experience under their belt. The upperclassmen will either have graduated or been processed out (we're seeing this already).

The challenge for the next coach, whoever it is, will be to supplement the existing talent through the portal while building depth and talent through recruiting (though as @Cribby and others have pointed out, this year's class is toast). Depth will also be a huge challenge as has already been stated.

I say all that to say: this roster is in no way ready to win the ACC in a normal year, but this is also not the gut jobs some are making it out to be. JMO

Last edited:
We are going to have a small class. That is a given. With Cristobol or Kiffin, we can get well in a hurry with the portal and the new guys don't have to be 1-year rentals either.

If we can add a few high quality OL, a couple good LBs, and a couple of true CBs I agree. I really think we are close. Need quality coaches to get these guys playing consistently at a high level.

Seems to me OL and DL are the hardest to get out of the portal.

Not many elite or great linemen seem to want to transfer.

We probably need 3 OL and 2 DE in the portal next year, but I don’t see how we get five quality trench players from the portal when the picking there is so slim

Advertisement
Richt came in and immediately won 9 games in year 1 and 10 in year 2 with Rosier as QB

A good coach comes in and immediately wins here
We won 8 games in 2015. We folded for 3 weeks in 2016 after the FSU lost. I thought we actually underachieved because of how we lost. We recovered nicely the last 5 games.

Being realistic with this roster with mario (or lane) the floor should be 9 wins? I mean having a QB and skill talent like we do should make it that way.

Advertisement
Back