Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

Advertisement
It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.
OL and pass rush.

We have neither, or at least mediocre.
Hard to be elite without.

I agree it’s not barren but this is at max, best case scenario a 9, 10 with a bowl win team. Maybe wins the coastal but the d line is bare, LBs are well awful, CBS are gonna be young. The O line is still a mess. This roster is good enough to beat the NCST and Pitts of the world but not the guys outside of the ACC. Now year 2 when you can really get a solid recruiting class and transfer class, Miami could be a top 15 team.

THIS year should have been a 9-10 + bowl team.

A 2nd year TVD, Williams' (3), Kitchens, Arroyo, Rooster and more? These guys are all going to make a major jump this year IMO. As are ther next tier of guys who are chomping at the bit. If you can't tell, I really liked last years class. And in this day and age talent doesn't sit.

This is all predicated on us not losing key guys to the portal of course.

Advertisement
A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.

As you have stated (and I fully agree), if fans are that desperate for a 10 win season in year 1, then they should want Kiffin. Kiffin currently has the #3 offense in CFB despite playing in the vaunted SEC, with TVD and our WR group in the ****ty coastal, it is going to be absolutely electric. Like Tyler Van Heisman electric. Defense isnt going to nearly as important when UM has a top 5 offense. Cristobal could rebuild the program over time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wins 8 games or less in year 1 unless he hits home runs with his OC and DC hire.

Advertisement
Siiiiiiiiiigh

Not this narrative again. Pls understand what a program means; it’s culture as well as well as players.

Our talent has not been our problem, it’s culture, & bad habits are not easily broken. It takes time to instill & install a new culture, new habits. Losing is contagious & so is complacency.

We also have plenty of holes, namely CB, the trenches, & the obvious, LB. I will say we have at least a season worth of fixing.

Portal needs:

OL - At least 2, maybe 3 if a bad decision is made
DT - At least 1
DE - At least 2
LB - At least 2, depending on the defense we play
CB - At least 2, depending on decisions made

A lot of needs.

Some of it can be done, but gonna need some luck, too.
Having revisited this previous quick thought, although I still think we need 2 OL, it's not a horrific situation:

LT - Zion (so long as he isn't given horrid advice)/Walker (?)
LG - Rivers/Seymore
C - Clark/Gaynor (I'd imagine Clark remains at the spot? who knows)/Rodriguez
RG - Olawusean/Traore
RT - Campbell/Scaife

Would still hit the portal, but if there are limited resources to do so, then just focus all your attention on the defense.

Every single coach in the country that knows anything about college football understands that Miami is always just a few steps away from being a powerhouse again.

With the talent that Miami can draw in a short matter of time is always the equalizer and everyone knows it.

Miami just has to hire the right guy. We can go back and look at the last 4-5 coaches and we know exactly what the problems were with each one. Football problems are usually not hard to diagnose.

Theres several Coaches out there right now that would do big things at the U.

Question is, “are we gonna hire the right guy this time or are we gonna **** the bed again?”

Advertisement
As you have stated (and I fully agree), if fans are that desperate for a 10 win season in year 1, then they should want Kiffin. Kiffin currently has the #3 offense in CFB despite playing in the vaunted SEC, with TVD and our WR group in the ****ty coastal, it is going to be absolutely electric. Like Tyler Van Heisman electric. Defense isnt going to nearly as important when UM has a top 5 offense. Cristobal could rebuild the program over time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wins 8 games or less in year 1 unless he hits home runs with his OC and DC hire.

Know what I think it will take to win 10 games next year? Competency. Not even a superstar coaching performance. Y'all were calling for 9-10 THIS YEAR pre-season.

Don't go soft on me. We have more difference makers than we've had in a while. Legit potential 1st rounders.

Portal needs:

OL - At least 2, maybe 3 if a bad decision is made
DT - At least 1
DE - At least 2
LB - At least 2, depending on the defense we play
CB - At least 2, depending on decisions made

A lot of needs.

Some of it can be done, but gonna need some luck, too.
We need 2 consecutive outstanding portals

A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
Every time we get too excited........just look at our linebacker depth chart and that would bring anyone back down to 🌎 real quick

Advertisement
OL and pass rush.

We have neither, or at least mediocre.
Hard to be elite without.
Agree. I like some of the guys we have at DE but not sure there is anyone stroking fear into the OT.

And our pass blocking has gotten better but we still need to improve the run blocking.

Every time we get too excited........just look at our linebacker depth chart and that would bring anyone back down to 🌎 real quick
The portal allows for a little more hope than years past where we’d have to hope for true freshman to be ready. Gotta hope we grab at least 2 starting backers this off-season.

Advertisement
Back