Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned
It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better one day, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It may have been many times over last decade+, but Manny is leaving the next coach with an experienced star QB and a 2nd freshman QB that could be even better, at least one elite RB, a great young WR room, a nearly can't-miss DT (they are so rare), and 3+ potentially elite high-round NFL DB's and/or strikers. Among other nice young pieces like Arroyo con pollo, Chase Smith and more. We even have our kicker for the next three years.

There is plenty for the next coach to work with and win 10 games next year. TVD and Garcia alone will be a big part of why some coaches might be willing to come. Finding a great QB is the hardest part of coaching. With the right staff, this could be an uber-quick turnaround, especially with the portal being such an effective weapon these days.

LFG.

Go Canes.
The practice and program structure is a rebuild but our roster is pretty good. People saying that only score board watch and don’t actually know much about the program.

Advertisement
not saying I disagree on your overall point but lost me at "experience star QB"

TVD will have eight starts and ~350 pass attempts going into next season. If you can't see that he's the real deal from watching him I am not sure what else to say to try to convince you. He's the best QB to start for us since Ken Dorsey. I would wager there is Heisman buzz around him at some point next year, which will probably be his last year at Miami.

A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.

Advertisement
Biggest gap would be LB, but we could use the portal to fill the need. Chase Smith needs to play these last two games

Yep, not a complete roster for sure, but there is a lot to work with and augment. And by work with we have a number of key difference makers. We only play two LB now, ands there is a good chance Williams (#0) is our striker. That's two potential stars out of the three LB/STKR positions.

TVD will have eight starts and ~350 pass attempts going into next season. If you can't see that he's the real deal from watching him I am not sure what else to say to try to convince you. He's the best QB to start for us since Ken Dorsey. I would wager there is Heisman buzz around him at some point next year, which will probably be his last year at Miami.
I love this kid but you’re cutting me deep with that last part

A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.

Totally agree. But THIS years team should have won 9 games IMO. I am just saying next year could be a lot of fun, and we have some really good players who could shine.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Truer words have never been told!

If it is Mario my main focus would be on recruiting year 1 and seeing objective changes in monetary support not newspaper articles and hearsay.

JMHO

I like TVD as much as the next guy but it's fair to say his play has been inconsistent. It's just too early to say any of that. Either way, agree there's lots of raw material to work with in the QB room.

Portal needs:

OL - At least 2, maybe 3 if a bad decision is made
DT - At least 1
DE - At least 2
LB - At least 2, depending on the defense we play
CB - At least 2, depending on decisions made

A lot of needs.

Some of it can be done, but gonna need some luck, too.

Advertisement
Back