DL Coach search

Advertisement
Wait didn’t Christ stock from itu report that they Interviewed partridge last week? LOL

Dantonios in a bit of hot water as well. Burton might be ripe for the plucking.

I was just looking at best rushing defenses last year and saw MSU as #2, only 1 of 3 teams to give up less than 100 yard per game average. Burton has been there for 6 years, so the dominance isn't a fluke. I don't know about his recruiting ability, but in terms of results his success is inarguable plus he is coaching DTs in what is basically a Miami 4-3.

He is making $500K, I wonder if Richt is wiling to pay more. Also, he is supposed to be a country boy. I wonder if he would even consider coming down to the big city.
5NC4 I live about 2 hours NE of there. Outside the city, it's basically country. In the city limits, population is about 200k. The stadium seats over 100k but is like a quilt - a patchwork of additions started in the 30's with sh*tty amenities. Their fans, as I can attest, are absolutely unforgiving. I'd much rather see someone else mentioned. Including Kool's buyout money, I don't believe money would be an issue. Market and need will probably dictate.

Advertisement
There's is a guy out there who has head coaching experience at the Ncaa and Nfl levels as well as D-line job for a super bowl winner. Dave Wannstedt. Let's see if Ray Lewis is ready to get off the couch..;..
Wannstedt is older than dirt and has a cushy TV gig.

Richt should try to go all out for Lance Thompson at South Carolina.

He's a phenomenal recruiter, coached at Bama from 2012-15 & was ranked as the #1 recruiter in 2014.

He landed guys like De'shawn Hand & Jonathan Allen who wound up as a 1st rounder. He also coached at Auburn & UCF under O'leary back in 04-06.

He interviewed for OK State DC job a while ago, that to me looks like he's looking to leave from under Muschamp.

Also think we should consider Damon Cogdell if Kevin Patrick is out of the running.
2 great choices

Advertisement
I think I missed your post. Could you say why he won't come?

Idk how you missed it. 330 only posted it 41 times in every thread pertaining to KP. It was his life long goal to join CiS and let us know a position coach. That just signed a 3 year deal. A week prior to Kul leaving. Most likely wouldn't be interested in the jump.

Also if you missed 330 Nostradamus insight. TheGoodButtPlumber has been right up his ***. Concurring everything 330 has stated.

Advertisement
Happen to know KP thru one of his teammates who was pretty successful at UM! I don't need to come here to be an insider, just posted some info for the fans. Most of these clowns have absolutely no clue.

So is KP coming here or not?
Please answer as I am going to be hitting F5 all night through announcement of new coach.

Richt should try to go all out for Lance Thompson at South Carolina.

He's a phenomenal recruiter, coached at Bama from 2012-15 & was ranked as the #1 recruiter in 2014.

He landed guys like De'shawn Hand & Jonathan Allen who wound up as a 1st rounder. He also coached at Auburn & UCF under O'leary back in 04-06.

He interviewed for OK State DC job a while ago, that to me looks like he's looking to leave from under Muschamp.

Also think we should consider Damon Cogdell if Kevin Patrick is out of the running.

Solid, solid hire. Would not be mad at this hire at all. I just have a bad feeling about this.

Wanny would punt on the job offer anyway.

the Wannstache makes me laugh every time I see his half hearted attempts at analysis on TV, the few times I have seen him the last few years.

Talk about a guy that just mails it in.

Not hating on him, God bless him, but that guy is retired in place. You can absolutely tell he has zero interest in putting in more than a couple of hours a day of effort in. Jimmy Johnson puts in more effort than him, and JJ makes no bones he’s retired and loves the good life.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Idk how you missed it. 330 only posted it 41 times in every thread pertaining to KP. It was his life long goal to join CiS and let us know a position coach. That just signed a 3 year deal. A week prior to Kul leaving. Most likely wouldn't be interested in the jump.

Also if you missed 330 Nostradamus insight. TheGoodButtPlumber has been right up his ***. Concurring everything 330 has stated.
You mad? Maybe I should post things like most of you clowns....Do You think we will wear green or orange this week? This board is a joke a clowns like you are the reason. I posted KP wasn't coming and why he wasn't coming and the village idiots had to respond with their usual nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mad? Maybe I should post things like most of you clowns....Do You think we will wear green or orange this week? This board is a joke a clowns like you are the reason. I posted KP wasn't coming and what and the village idiots had to respond.

The Kevin Patrick tag line is fooking hilarious.

You mad? Maybe I should post things like most of you clowns....Do You think we will wear green or orange this week? This board is a joke a clowns like you are the reason. I posted KP wasn't coming and why he wasn't coming and the village idiots had to respond with their usual nonsense.

What’s the reason again KP isn’t coming?

What’s the reason again KP isn’t coming?
When FSU courted him and at the time if he left he would have had to pay relatively large buyout for the de job there when Taggart was targeting him. If he did sign a contract extension with ncstste recently I can imagine that buyout is even more expensive now

Advertisement
Back