DL Coach search

Advertisement
Why would Rocker come to UM now when he didn't want to come here when Rick tried to bring him here with him when he first got hired at UM?

If I remember correctly it was kids senior yr and was a top baseball prospect and didn't want to move because of that.

IDK why they wouldn't just bring in Partridge. He is the best combination of coaching/recruiting. Plus with him being a previous HC, DC and DL coach is an added benefit. Diaz would have someone to make suggestions to him (like not using LB's to cover the slot or excessively blitzing every 3rd down causing the opponent to convert too often). He has ties down here and recruiting would come natural to him. You have someone in place for DC if Diaz leaves as well.

Patrick hasn't proven too much. He got a good # of DL recruits to NC State this year but only 1 is highly ranked. He got a couple of good DE's at USF but how much of that was him?

Rocker got ran off by Smart so something is wrong there. He supposedly ruined the relationship with some big time recruits the last couple of years.

Partridge would take the next HC gig offered to him. That's exactly the kind of situation we're trying to avoid.

Barry Jackson today

Richt addressed other issues:
• He said there is a lot of interest to replace Alabama-bound defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski but no decision is imminent.
“By the time spring ball starts [on March 20], I definitely want somebody by then,” he said. “We’re not starting another three weeks or so. When it comes to hiring people, the goal is not to be the fastest but to be right. I want to make sure we bring in the right person.
“The good news is there is a massive amount of people that want to be here. It’s a great destination job. We have a lot of people that are really interested even though it’s an awkward time of the year. This late in the spring, usually everybody is settled in and it’s over. Because the NFL cherry-picked Alabama’s guy, Bama cherry picked our guy, now we’re going to find the best guy for the job. There are a lot of great men out there who want this job.
“I’ve got to make sure we’re bringing in the right person as far as his ability to coach, as far as the type of person he is, his character, can he recruit and does he really want to do things the way I like to do things. That’s important. I want him to fit into the fabric of our staff. We’re got great camaraderie, great unity amongst our staff and I think that bleeds into our players and I want to make sure that person fits.”

Advertisement
Barry Jackson today

Richt addressed other issues:
• He said there is a lot of interest to replace Alabama-bound defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski but no decision is imminent.
“By the time spring ball starts [on March 20], I definitely want somebody by then,” he said. “We’re not starting another three weeks or so. When it comes to hiring people, the goal is not to be the fastest but to be right. I want to make sure we bring in the right person.
“The good news is there is a massive amount of people that want to be here. It’s a great destination job. We have a lot of people that are really interested even though it’s an awkward time of the year. This late in the spring, usually everybody is settled in and it’s over. Because the NFL cherry-picked Alabama’s guy, Bama cherry picked our guy, now we’re going to find the best guy for the job. There are a lot of great men out there who want this job.
“I’ve got to make sure we’re bringing in the right person as far as his ability to coach, as far as the type of person he is, his character, can he recruit and does he really want to do things the way I like to do things. That’s important. I want him to fit into the fabric of our staff. We’re got great camaraderie, great unity amongst our staff and I think that bleeds into our players and I want to make sure that person fits.”

In other words, Kool was a **** recruiter and didn't really fit like the rest of the staff.

Partridge would take the next HC gig offered to him. That's exactly the kind of situation we're trying to avoid.

Whose going to hire a DL coach that was fired at FAU as their next HC? He's got a long way to go to get back to HC, think Eddie O who was finally just gifted another HC gig 10 years after his miserable failure at Ole ****.

Oh, just bring him in? Sweet, who knew it was that easy? We should "just bring in" saban to be our new quality control guy.

Yep.....real easy.......he just interviewed for the Bama DL job and currently only makes $350K (significantly less $ than Kul). He is obviously looking around and knows the recruiting landscape in S FL.

Advertisement

You do know that he is 9-27 as a head coach right? Nobody is hiring him for a HC gig and probably never will for DC either. Kiffin has made Partridge look real bad in that role.

Knoxville is a sh*thole. Rocker's probably regretting taking that job.

He is making $500K, I wonder if Richt is wiling to pay more. Also, he is supposed to be a country boy. I wonder if he would even consider coming down to the big city.

Advertisement
He got canned at fau , nobody fired from there should be expecting another hc gig lol. He's thinking of a Dc spot at this moment. That's his ceiling more than likely

Either way, someone who doesn’t plan on being around for long

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back