DL Coach search

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
Maybe Dee or someone else can verify but i was told by someone close to the program they fully expect Tracy rocker to get the first interview if he hasnt already been spoken too. KP is fully expected to be contacted. No other names have come up. My only concern with Rocker is he bounces around alot, I think we get KP he stays long term. My guy said he hopes to have more info by monday. we shall see. Im glad that KP will finally be in the mix at least.

Advertisement
Maybe Dee or someone else can verify but i was told by someone close to the program they fully expect Tracy rocker to get the first interview if he hasnt already been spoken too. KP is fully expected to be contacted. No other names have come up. My only concern with Rocker is he bounces around alot, I think we get KP he stays long term. My guy said he hopes to have more info by monday. we shall see. Im glad that KP will finally be in the mix at least.

Would be dissappointing if they didnt consider Partridge as well.

Would be nice if someone inside would get us some legit info on who the top candidates are

Would be dissappointing if they didnt consider Partridge as well.

Would be nice if someone inside would get us some legit info on who the top candidates are

Remember the DC search?
No one really had an idea who he was talking to except many suspected Aranda was one of the targets, but
this was mostly suspicion.
Richt and co don't leak much.

IDK why they wouldn't just bring in Partridge. He is the best combination of coaching/recruiting. Plus with him being a previous HC, DC and DL coach is an added benefit. Diaz would have someone to make suggestions to him (like not using LB's to cover the slot or excessively blitzing every 3rd down causing the opponent to convert too often). He has ties down here and recruiting would come natural to him. You have someone in place for DC if Diaz leaves as well.

Patrick hasn't proven too much. He got a good # of DL recruits to NC State this year but only 1 is highly ranked. He got a couple of good DE's at USF but how much of that was him?

Rocker got ran off by Smart so something is wrong there. He supposedly ruined the relationship with some big time recruits the last couple of years.

Advertisement
Remember the DC search?
No one really had an idea who he was talking to except many suspected Aranda was one of the targets, but
this was mostly suspicion.
Richt and co don't leak much.

Maybe I'm remembering the Aranda thing differently but it seemed obvious that he was Ritch first choice specially since he waited until Aranda took the lsu job to hire Diaz.

no one knows any names besides KP and rocker and he said he was not predicting either.

IDK why they wouldn't just bring in Partridge. He is the best combination of coaching/recruiting. Plus with him being a previous HC, DC and DL coach is an added benefit. Diaz would have someone to make suggestions to him (like not using LB's to cover the slot or excessively blitzing every 3rd down causing the opponent to convert too often). He has ties down here and recruiting would come natural to him. You have someone in place for DC if Diaz leaves as well.

Patrick hasn't proven too much. He got a good # of DL recruits to NC State this year but only 1 is highly ranked. He got a couple of good DE's at USF but how much of that was him?

Rocker got ran off by Smart so something is wrong there. He supposedly ruined the relationship with some big time recruits the last couple of years.

Let me caveat this by saying I don't know anything about Partridge or Manny's willingness to take advice, but the reason you just highlighted could be a detriment in some situations. Someone who has been a head coach before may be less willing to play their role as a position coach. Likewise they may be looking to move back into a at least a coordinator role very quickly.

Again, I don't know if either of those two things are a factor with Partridge, just pointing out that what you called out as a benefit might now always be viewed that way by others.

Let me caveat this by saying I don't know anything about Partridge or Manny's willingness to take advice, but the reason you just highlighted could be a detriment in some situations. Someone who has been a head coach before may be less willing to play their role as a position coach. Likewise they may be looking to move back into a at least a coordinator role very quickly.

Again, I don't know if either of those two things are a factor with Partridge, just pointing out that what you called out as a benefit might now always be viewed that way by others.

rocker moves around ALOT. my concern would be he wont stay around long if he gets an offer. KP aint leaving the U if he comes.

Advertisement

Oh, just bring him in? Sweet, who knew it was that easy? We should "just bring in" saban to be our new quality control guy.

Advertisement
I thought Richt and Rocker didn’t get along because Rocker tries to run the show as if he is the head man.

Advertisement
Why would Rocker come to UM now when he didn't want to come here when Rick tried to bring him here with him when he first got hired at UM?
i think that was a rumor. he zoned in on Kool pretty fast.
also, not sure about rocker but i know richt wasnt the one hiring defensive staff, it was the AD.

Why would Rocker come to UM now when he didn't want to come here when Rick tried to bring him here with him when he first got hired at UM?

He stayed at Georgia after Richt was fired. He was also the associate DC there. There was no real reason for him to leave UGA for Miami.

Familiarity. Richt knows Rocker and has worked with him. Thought highly enough of him to make him assistant head coach. Doesn't really know Partridge or Patrick. Seems like a good place to start.

He stayed at Georgia after Richt was fired. He was also the associate DC there. There was no real reason for him to leave UGA for Miami.

Rocker also from Georgia so it was home. Since he was fired at Ga. and now at Knoxville, he may consider rejoining Richt.

Advertisement
Back