DJ is going to be GOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I put it more on Blake and Manny playing that bullfighter coverage instead of letting them boys cut loose and jam up guys on the line. That’s the style Mike came up in and he could have easily taught it and our guys would have played better. Scheme determines technique.

The upgrade with T Rob is with personality. He can affect guys emotionally and raise their level of play in a way Rumph never could.

The upside to all this is that slowly but surely, Manny is flexible and willing to change things that are not working.
Exactly!

• Agree
Reactions: NDE
If DJ Ivy has a competent season this fall it will come off as much of as an indictment of the previous position coach as it will a success story of the current position coach.

At least that's how I expect to see it.
And since Manny hired both, or at least we all assume he hired Rumph as his CB coach as opposed to Richt forcing Rumph on him....this means from your perspective, no news is good news -_- ...... If Ivey is successful Manny sucks because he let Rumph stay onboard too long....if Ivey is unsuccessful show Manny the door because even the great TRob can't help kids Manny evaluates and recruits....

Mod I had to do it...ion want no smoke though LOL

Advertisement
Ivey has played so bad guys. There’s no way around it. The only thing you guys are optimistic about is greentree hype and coached interviews on All Access. Those of us saying he sucks are basing it off of 3 years of atrociously inconsistent film with him making horrible plays that contributed to several Ls. He’s the Pope of the defense.
Will TRob make a difference? Probably some. If Ivey can at least not look lost and turn his head around it’ll be a major improvement. I’m not expecting him to be a Mike Jack type player. I don’t think he’s as fast or can processes info that quickly. That’s as optimistic as predicting a Bama win to go there. I’d prefer him to be a serviceable backup. Similar to where I see Pope on offense. Blades has a much higher ceiling than Ivey. I can’t wait to see Clarke out there with his ball skills and wheels, too.

He gonna shadow him?
Yeah, I’m not buying that either. I can’t remember a Manny defense sending out a shadow for a WR. I remember he had Garvin shadow Franks against UF and that wasn’t ideal in hindsight.
It’s easy to say put Couch out there, but he had some tackling problems against teams that could run. We need a healthy Blades this fall.

If the coaches allow him to do what he does best (press man) I have faith in his overall ability. If they have him playing 6/7 yards off LOS we will see much of the same. Manny needs to allow him to play like he allowed Mike Jackson to play... and the young man that transferred from citadel
agree : if you are a physical CB, let them be physical

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back