DJ is going to be GOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It can be schematically or situational. With our d we normally have cb’s playing off , and if they’re playing up on the wr they’ll bail. Rarely do we press. Which is one of the couple tweaks I mentioned after the season , more man and more press. We have longer , bigger cb’s so why not let them use their strengths? Then we went and added another bigger , physical cb with TA.

Hiring T Rob pretty much assured us there’ll be adjustments. He teaches man and uses press. That’s what he does , even though DVD has the title you can bet your *** T Rob will have his hands all over the db room.

to hire T-Rob and not employ more press, is like hiring Buddy Ryan and telling him to not blitz a lot. It makes no sense

Advertisement
I’ve been disappointed by off-season hype in the past. But just like when Lashlee took over the offense we saw some big improvements, I could see TRob having an impact on Ivey’s development.

The good news is we have 4 serviceable upperclassmen in Stevenson, DJ, ABJ and Couch. And our safeties and strikers will tighten the seams..
Really need 5 serviceable and who knows when ABJ will be 100 %. CBs playing press with the talent we have at safety is a no brainier imo

Who typically makes the call on press vs playing off? Is that the DB coaches call or the D Coordinator?

I know that TRob is a fan of press, but does he get to make that decision or is he just strongly suggesting it to the DC who makes the decision?
DC

Advertisement
In before one of the CiS defensive experts gets on here and tries to make the case that Buddy Ryan didn't actually blitz a lot.
Cat Glasses GIF by Leroy Patterson

If the coaches allow him to do what he does best (press man) I have faith in his overall ability. If they have him playing 6/7 yards off LOS we will see much of the same. Manny needs to allow him to play like he allowed Mike Jackson to play... and the young man that transferred from citadel
That **** drives me nuts. 6-7 yards off the ball, any CB is behind the 8 ball before the ball is snapped.

Advertisement
2017. Richt-era. Also let me add Brian Polendey, Evidence Njoku, Zalon'tae Hillery, Cade Weldon, Zach Feagles, Lorenzo Lingard, Nigel Bethel, Realus George, Bubba Baxa, and Adam ElGammal to that list.

Dykstra-never started or played a down
Polendey-never started
Njoku-never started
Hillery-never started
Feagles-correct
Lingard-did flash & got injured
Bethel-never played a down
George-never played a down
Baxa-correct
El Gammal-never played a down

Advertisement
Status