DJ is going to be GOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best players gotta start at every position... period.

Not the players with the most experience or who u think will make the least mistakes. You want the players that are going to make your team better in the long run.

If Ivey iz the goodz, start him. But he’ll have had to improve a LOT from what he’s shown the past couple years. Maybe TRob is the Ivey-whisperer

Advertisement
If DJ Ivy has a competent season this fall it will come off as much of as an indictment of the previous position coach as it will a success story of the current position coach.

At least that's how I expect to see it.
... and the previous defensive coordinator that consistently called a trailing technique 8-10 yards off the line of scrimmage.

We’ll see more press which will help all of our cb’s, it’s criminal they didn’t do this more or were coaches to do it. I never crown anybody but I expect a good year and wouldn’t be shocked if he is drafted , but he’ll have to Do it when the lights are on.
Who typically makes the call on press vs playing off? Is that the DB coaches call or the D Coordinator?

I know that TRob is a fan of press, but does he get to make that decision or is he just strongly suggesting it to the DC who makes the decision?

He better be.. with Blades supposedly coming back, Ivey will have to work for whatever he gets! Stevenson isnt going anywhere and Blades was our best CB last year. It's now or never for DJ.

Also, couch should be nipping at his heels !

Blades will play more safety.

Advertisement
Who typically makes the call on press vs playing off? Is that the DB coaches call or the D Coordinator?

I know that TRob is a fan of press, but does he get to make that decision or is he just strongly suggesting it to the DC who makes the decision?
It can be schematically or situational. With our d we normally have cb’s playing off , and if they’re playing up on the wr they’ll bail. Rarely do we press. Which is one of the couple tweaks I mentioned after the season , more man and more press. We have longer , bigger cb’s so why not let them use their strengths? Then we went and added another bigger , physical cb with TA.

Hiring T Rob pretty much assured us there’ll be adjustments. He teaches man and uses press. That’s what he does , even though DVD has the title you can bet your *** T Rob will have his hands all over the db room.

People need to get over Ivey, T Tob thinks very highly of him. He thinks hes a future pro, people can laugh but that’s the truth.

He’s going to start on the other side of TS. I do think we’ll use more nickel and some this year with 3-4 cb’s on the field in certain situations
So he is the verified starter at cb?

Advertisement
Ts , Couch and Ivey are the starters from left to right is what I’d preduct. There’s still a wait snd see approach with blades. How fast he picks things up snd how he’ll be used. Couch on the slot is his money position.

The word is, he’s figured it out. T-Rob has been coaching him up. He’s comfortable in press now and his mental errors are going away. I’m told he is playing up to his measurable’s. His confidence is through the roof and we’re in for a surprise. I’m told he will be getting drafted. He’s not the fastest kid in pads, but minus his lack of football speed, everything else is coming together. His peers trust him. It’s time to believe he’s going to be an asset, not a liability. Lastly, he’s got hands and will catch what’s thrown his way.
View attachment 146573
Just says diaz is slow but for holding on the rump so long

Advertisement
I thought Clark played OK in limited time. I’d like to see him play more.

Just says diaz is slow but for holding on the rump so long
This isn’t fair to Rumph. Plenty of kids, maybe most, takes a few years before they put it all together. The primary criticism of rumph was recruiting. We’ve had cbs step up under him, and it sure wasn’t banda coaching them up, imo.

Too many people want to toss the old guy under the bus and make a hero out of the new guy. No need to do that, imo, and too early to crown anyone new.

This isn’t fair to Rumph. Plenty of kids, maybe most, takes a few years before they put it all together. The primary criticism of rumph was recruiting. We’ve had cbs step up under him, and it sure wasn’t banda coaching them up, imo.

Too many people want to toss the old guy under the bus and make a hero out of the new guy. No need to do that, imo, and too early to crown anyone new.
This place always does it with coaches and players, they crown the new guy. And then feel let down when the player/coach does not meet their made up expectations. Its a CIS tradition.

Advertisement
Ts , Couch and Ivey are the starters from left to right is what I’d preduct. There’s still a wait snd see approach with blades. How fast he picks things up snd how he’ll be used. Couch on the slot is his money position.
I wouldn’t mind Blades taking a shirt this year so we have him next year when TS and DJ have moved on

The word is, he’s figured it out. T-Rob has been coaching him up. He’s comfortable in press now and his mental errors are going away. I’m told he is playing up to his measurable’s. His confidence is through the roof and we’re in for a surprise. I’m told he will be getting drafted. He’s not the fastest kid in pads, but minus his lack of football speed, everything else is coming together. His peers trust him. It’s time to believe he’s going to be an asset, not a liability. Lastly, he’s got hands and will catch what’s thrown his way.
View attachment 146573
You win for the most coaches speak.

Lol. He “lacks football speed” but is going to get drafted? I don’t see many CB’s that lack speed in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back