Diaz says Lingard Redshirt Possible TFWIW

Advertisement
I mean why waste eligibility or risk your body on this season anyways? I wouldn't lol

“committed”,people being weird as **** and are still trying to fan the flames of a possible transfer, leave it alone man ****....

Moving forward if he’s only going to get in on special teams then they shouldnt play him. The rest of the 3 games he needs to be used only as a running back period if he gets in.

Him being out there on ST is what ****ed fans like me off when he didn't see any carries. If hes good enough for ST, he should be good enough to get carries. That said, my % of him transferring went from 90% to 50% if he redshirts. We are still not out of the woods though.

The good news is that if Lo is as good as he thinks he is, he should be looking at Cam and not be afraid at all of what he has seen thus far. He should be locked and loaded for Spring ball in 2020 and finally 100% healthy.

Advertisement
When Lingard gets his time he’s going to shine.
F758911D-3605-4771-8B04-498C440D29B7.jpeg

A48D0BA7-AAD2-4C62-A66A-76B6108C47CB.jpeg

Last edited:
So when he hits the portal, he doesnt have to sit out next year?
Read the earlier posts. Yes, he would sit out next year if he transfers regardless of whether he redshirts this season or not. The only way he'd play next year if he transferred was if the NCAA granted him a waiver, which they seem to be trying to limit now after the Fields/Martell ridiculousness.

Advertisement
**** it's almost like all the armchair coaches on here losing their minds because he wasn't getting PT didn't know a **** thing
Theres a lot of stuff on CIS you can add to that "didn't know a **** thing category". Some you don't even need to read cause they know it all.

just like people were with the AR82 situation. people don't know **** about these kids. he isn't redshirting just to transfer, bc hed have to sit anyways at another school
What part do you keep missing? Yes, he would sit out either way, but he'd have one more year of eligibility. That's a big deal.

Again, I'm not saying this IS the plan (I obviously wouldn't know), and I hope like **** it isn't what's in his mind, but the somewhat odd sequence over the last few weeks makes that unquestionably a possibility.

I watched him a lot on the sidelines. He was talking and gesturing to teammates all the time, and especially after being out there on special teams. I thought he was frustrated at not receiving playing time in the backfield but maybe his brief action on the field frustrated him because he realized his body still isn't cooperating. There was no question he was more emotional after returning to the sideline after being out there.

He does look like he's in very good shape. No problems there.

Knee injuries are generally 2+ years to full recovery, or as close as you'll ever get. Don't listen to the crap that they are routine surgeries in this era.

Advertisement
What part do you keep missing? Yes, he would sit out either way, but he'd have one more year of eligibility. That's a big deal.

Again, I'm not saying this IS the plan (I obviously wouldn't know), and I hope like **** it isn't what's in his mind, but the somewhat odd sequence over the last few weeks makes that unquestionably a possibility.

That's not true in regards to the eligibility, unless he gets a medical redshirt somewhere along the way. Typically, you'd want your transfer and redshirt years to run concurrently. So someone as a true sophomore transferring (not Lo) after the season who is NOT given a waiver by the NCAA, would sit out thru transfer rules and use the redshirt that same year and have 2 years to play after sitting out. If that player redshirted now, then transferred and wasn't getting a waiver, he's still only got 2 years to play AFTER the mandated transfer year sitting out.

That's not true in regards to the eligibility, unless he gets a medical redshirt somewhere along the way. Typically, you'd want your transfer and redshirt years to run concurrently. So someone as a true sophomore transferring (not Lo) after the season who is NOT given a waiver by the NCAA, would sit out thru transfer rules and use the redshirt that same year and have 2 years to play after sitting out. If that player redshirted now, then transferred and wasn't getting a waiver, he's still only got 2 years to play AFTER the mandated transfer year sitting out.
I didn't think the sit out year counted as a year of eligibility.

Advertisement
I didn't think the sit out year counted as a year of eligibility.

it does unless you still have a redshirt left. this would be his redshirt year so the sit out year absolutely counts. its why its punitive to transfer after you burned your shirt

Bro... you keep missing a part. If he redshirts this year, transfers and has to sit then he still uses a year of eligibility. If he does not redshirt, he will use a year of eligibility, transfers, and has to sit, he can use his redshirt. He doesn't get a year extra of eligibility. Only way it makes sense is for him to be banking on a waiver, RS this year, play immediately next year.

Advertisement
Back