Diaz says Lingard Redshirt Possible TFWIW

I’m going based off what his own dad and himself posted. Lo said he’s healthy in a tweet and do we want to watch him dunk a basketball and his dad said he wants communication.

Would be first time Manny did t mention the truth; Ivey being suspended, McCloud not transferring. That’s two just this season. I’ll feel much better if Lo is here next fall, but like @apfenny3 always says I hope he’s not feeling right because of our crack staff medical team.

Then again, Manny said they had the best practice ever, last week..... what gives?

Advertisement
Maybe now since that whole ordeal(from 2 weeks ago) Lingard has received increased reps in practice in addition to playing special teams and sees himself that he’s not ready. In fact that’s what I think It is and he came ot the realization of that recently. Diaz has mentioned last week was his first time getting 4 straight reps on goal line or something since he’s been cleared

Agreed

I’m going based off what his own dad and himself posted. Lo said he’s healthy in a tweet and do we want to watch him dunk a basketball and his dad said he wants communication.

Would be first time Manny did t mention the truth; Ivey being suspended, McCloud not transferring. That’s two just this season. I’ll feel much better if Lo is here next fall, but like @apfenny3 always says I hope he’s not feeling right because of our crack staff medical team.

theres a diff between not telling the truth aboput suspensions (ALL coaches hold off on these and announce later) and lying about a kids medical condition. if Lo doesn't feel confident in his knee, then he doesn't feel confident. no need to add conspiracy theories to it. we did this last year with AR82 about fake suspensions and we were all left looking stupid bc none of us know **** bout the team,

Wait, McCloud is transferring?!?

Advertisement
I meant red shirting not transferring

Sorry I’m line for a 98 degree concert at Disney and this is probably the best time I’ve had since we eat Bethune. I’m not focused

LOL. yeah well to be fair, I don't think it was mannys idea. the idea first came up from AI on a pod (at least first time I heard it) and it took off from there.

Advertisement
theres a diff between not telling the truth aboput suspensions (ALL coaches hold off on these and announce later) and lying about a kids medical condition. if Lo doesn't feel confident in his knee, then he doesn't feel confident. no need to add conspiracy theories to it. we did this last year with AR82 about fake suspensions and we were all left looking stupid bc none of us know **** bout the team,
I think this is much different than the AR82 situation. That was all speculation, whereas Lo himself said he was healthy. Whether he meant 100% game ready or otherwise is another story, but to act like people are making stuff up here is far fetched. His quote was also 2 weeks ago, so who knows what transpired in those two weeks.

I think this is much different than the AR82 situation. That was all speculation, whereas Lo himself said he was healthy. Whether he meant 100% game ready or otherwise is another story, but to act like people are making stuff up here is far fetched. His quote was also 2 weeks ago, so who knows what transpired in those two weeks.

I mean people had Lo transferring since week 1 lol. its been all speculation and took off even more after his tweets. obviously, he felt that he wasn't close to himself when he took the field against VT.

I meant red shirting not transferring

Sorry I’m line for a 98 degree concert at Disney and this is probably the best time I’ve had since we eat Bethune. I’m not focused
This makes me sad as **** lol. Manny and the boys are making following the Canes "the hardest thing I ever had to doooooo". Had to google this lyric. Memory must be going. Hopefully I forget the last 15 years

Advertisement
If there is truth to that (Lorenzo still not right medically), it will reveal how trigger-happy and idiotic a lot of people on here are. But it would be foolish to dismiss the possibility that this is him simply planting the seeds for a transfer.

To be fair the kids dad was on facebook complaining about it. Most assumed his dad had some close to source inside info.

No, I'm saying another potential angle to this is that Lo is NOT hurt, has decided he is going to transfer, doesn't want Manny to use him in more games this year and burn a year of eligibility, so he concocted this story to force Manny to redshirt him so he keeps this year of eligibility when he transfers.

I obviously hope that's not the case, I'm just saying it would be naive to dismiss that as a possibility.

He can transfer today. Nothing is stopping him from leaving now if he's committed to not playing this season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Actually, if he’s not medically right... that would reveal that the coaches aren’t telling the truth. Diaz said before CMU that Lingard was 100% cleared and they planned to play him in that game (didn’t due to game being close due to $hitty coaching).

People here, including myself, wanted to see him back in action since he was supposed to be 100% ready to play. We didn’t know they weren’t telling the truth and no one wants him to get reinjured if he’s not healthy.

GO CANES!
Josh

Medically cleared is different. Look at the Kawi Leonard fiasco.

He can transfer today. Nothing is stopping him from leaving now if he's committed to not playing this season.
From a football standpoint yes you are correct...but that’s not reality. He’s taking classes and and can’t just transfer to another school and get those credits for this semester. Sure he can make up credits over summer or whatever, but what does he really truly gain leaving now? What if he has strong indications Dallas is leaving and what if Cam suffers a significant injury this season. Assuming he’s even thinking about it...I don’t see what he’d gain leaving now vs waiting until end of season or even after spring ball.

From a football standpoint yes you are correct...but that’s not reality. He’s taking classes and and can’t just transfer to another school and get those credits for this semester. Sure he can make up credits over summer or whatever, but what does he really truly gain leaving now? What if he has strong indications Dallas is leaving and what if Cam suffers a significant injury this season. Assuming he’s even thinking about it...I don’t see what he’d gain leaving now vs waiting until end of season or even after spring ball.

I don't believe he wants to transfer and wasn't promoting that idea.

Follow the thread.

I don't believe he wants to transfer and wasn't promoting that idea.

Follow the thread.
I’ve followed the thread...just providing a counterpoint to your comment about nothing stopping him from leaving. I too don’t believe he wants to transfer and wasn’t promoting the idea either.

Advertisement
Back