Diaz says Lingard Redshirt Possible TFWIW

Read the earlier posts. Yes, he would sit out next year if he transfers regardless of whether he redshirts this season or not. The only way he'd play next year if he transferred was if the NCAA granted him a waiver, which they seem to be trying to limit now after the Fields/Martell ridiculousness.
He would get a waiver & the ncaa will change that rule this offseason

Advertisement
it does unless you still have a redshirt left. this would be his redshirt year so the sit out year absolutely counts. its why its punitive to transfer after you burned your shirt
Exactly, that's why you generally want the transfer mandated sit out year to run concurrently with your redshirt year. The problem is most players typically use the redshirt year the 1st year.

I wouldn't run behind this O-line either if I was him, maybe next year but not now!
Yup from Lo's perspective this makes the most sense given the state of our OL right now. Take the RS and get 100% healthy and not risk further injury with this OL. We're having issues with an offensive identity as well so he should just not take unnecessary chances that could hurt his long term plans.

Advertisement
No, if he did transfer it would be like jaelan Phillips who has to sit out even with him playing in 4 games in 2018 at UCLA despite him redshirting, he was not eligible to play elsewhere in 2019 unless he got a waiver

Bro... you keep missing a part. If he redshirts this year, transfers and has to sit then he still uses a year of eligibility. If he does not redshirt, he will use a year of eligibility, transfers, and has to sit, he can use his redshirt. He doesn't get a year extra of eligibility. Only way it makes sense is for him to be banking on a waiver, RS this year, play immediately next year.
Roger. I was not aware the sit out year counted as a year of eligibility. That makes no sense.

If that's the case, then my scenario I laid out above would have no benefit whatsoever. Then he is legitimately hurt. And all the people who clutched their pearls about CMU are idiots.

Advertisement
No, if he did transfer it would be like jaelan Phillips who has to sit out even with him playing in 4 games in 2018 at UCLA despite him redshirting, he was not eligible to play elsewhere in 2019 unless he got a waiver
Read two posts down

They will change the rule after the season

they wont approve his waiver as he wouldnt have a good excuse to get it done. besides, hes not transferring unless CIS knows all (except they didnt know a **** thing about AR82 as they claimed they did).

Advertisement
Zero chance he would get a waiver.
Regardless no point in speculating about it especially after Diaz’s comments today on lingard’s thought process. Seems like he has a better understanding now on where he’s at health wise and more practice reps etc. this is 100% the right decision for Lingard. He can play in a few games this year and then be ready next season after Dallas leaves.

Advertisement
I'm not sure if it's been said but you absolutely can't blame the fans for any confusion here. Not only did we supposedly have his family chirping but the kid himself came out on social media very recently and explicitly said for people to stop wishing him good health that he's at 100%.

That said, good for him for apparently coming to terms with reality and not taking a needless risk if he's not ready to go.

I'm not sure if it's been said but you absolutely can't blame the fans for any confusion here. Not only did we supposedly have his family chirping but the kid himself came out on social media very recently and explicitly said for people to stop wishing him good health that he's at 100%.

That said, good for him for apparently coming to terms with reality and not taking a needless risk if he's not ready to go.
Meh, disagree. I hear what you're saying, but if you go back to that thread the other camp of people were simply saying mybe there is a valid reason Lo wasn't out there other than 'the corches suck and refuse to play their best players', citing maybe health, lack of understanding everything and reps, pass blocking, whatever the **** it was, but SOME rationale other than that above which never made any sense. Turns out there absolutely was. So no, the comments about 100% don't wipe away how ridiculous some people (a lot of people!) were in that thread.

Meh, disagree. I hear what you're saying, but if you go back to that thread the other camp of people were simply saying mybe there is a valid reason Lo wasn't out there other than 'the corches suck and refuse to play their best players', citing maybe health, lack of understanding everything and reps, pass blocking, whatever the **** it was, but SOME rationale other than that above which never made any sense. Turns out there absolutely was. So no, the comments about 100% don't wipe away how ridiculous some people (a lot of people!) were in that thread.

just look back at the AR82 threads. epoople made up a fake suspension bc he went off on rosier on the sidelines. it turns out it was a career ending neck injury that no one knew about. fans dont know **** about the team

Disagree. They aren't going to full fledged free agency. In fact, it looks like they're headed the other way as they've had committees discussing trying to rein in the waivers being granted.
This is an easy one for them. If you’re coming off a redshirt year with remaining eligibility, you can play right away. They will make that the caveat. The NCAA has an opportunity here to look like they care about kids. They will take advantage of the opportunity. They don’t care about anything but the money. They will NOT allow all kids to clear off the wire.

Advertisement
Back