Diaz says Lingard Redshirt Possible TFWIW

Advertisement
@Unsider @Caneillac No, the new redshirt rule had zero impact on transfer rules. The only change was that you can redshirt after 4 games instead of being unable to if you played in a single game. But just like before the 4-game change, redshirting does not affect the rule that mandates you sit out a year after transferring; all it does is save a year of eligibility. This is the bogeyman that will not die. Like any player, Lo would sit out next year if he transfers regardless of whether he redshirted this year or not, unless he was granted a waiver by the NCAA.

Last edited:
I do like the prospects of having Lo and Chaney playing together for 2-3 yrs. Hopefully kid heals up fully

Advertisement
Actually, if he’s not medically right... that would reveal that the coaches aren’t telling the truth. Diaz said before CMU that Lingard was 100% cleared and they planned to play him in that game (didn’t due to game being close due to $hitty coaching).

People here, including myself, wanted to see him back in action since he was supposed to be 100% ready to play. We didn’t know they weren’t telling the truth and no one wants him to get reinjured if he’s not healthy.

GO CANES!
Josh

He said he was medically cleared which is totally different than being fit and 100% healthy. Two totally different things

Good for Lo

But why are our players going to the coaches and bringing up these conversations instead of vice versa?

Did it never cross Manny's mind that maybe re-shirting Mccloud and Lo are in the best interests of their careers individually and for the team? SMH
Not trying to defend Diaz or the staff, but maybe going to certain player may actually spark transfers. Some players are absolutely against the idea of redshirting, even if it would be beneficial for them. Just providing a different perspective.

Advertisement
Knew this kid was not ready....

Knees take time to heal people. Had a cousin Top 10 D-END in the state in high school. Major P5 schools drop his offers after they knew about blowing out his knee in Elite 8 PLAYOFFS - 6A but he went on to Start at FIU in the Don Strock era and did well but still wasn't the same player . I knew the rigorous work of rehab he had went through. It's tough.

Rest Up Kid ! GET HEALTHY -GODSPEED!

Now everyone including his uncle can STFU. tryna tell me he healthy with that fat *** knee brace he had on. SMH. now if Manny had put him out there and ruined his career yall would have been calling for his head. My advice to Lingard is to remove the leaches out of your ears bro take your time and get back healthy.

Advertisement
Lol at going at the fans on this one.

MANNY SAID HE WAS GOOD TO GO.

Repeatedly.

Silly of us for taking the HC at his word and questioning why he wasnt playing the kid.

Manny made his own bed saying that publicly. He could have easily declined to comment or let Lingard handle it on his own. Just another mistake he’s made this year

He can still transfer.....
No, I'm saying another potential angle to this is that Lo is NOT hurt, has decided he is going to transfer, doesn't want Manny to use him in more games this year and burn a year of eligibility, so he concocted this story to force Manny to redshirt him so he keeps this year of eligibility when he transfers.

I obviously hope that's not the case, I'm just saying it would be naive to dismiss that as a possibility.

Advertisement
No, I'm saying another potential angle to this is that Lo is NOT hurt, has decided he is going to transfer, doesn't want Manny to use him in more games this year and burn a year of eligibility, so he concocted this story to force Manny to redshirt him so he keeps this year of eligibility when he transfers.

I obviously hope that's not the case, I'm just saying it would be naive to dismiss that as a possibility.

That’s a reach. He can leave without going thru all that you mentioned

Now everyone including his uncle can STFU. tryna tell me he healthy with that fat *** knee brace he had on. SMH. now if Manny had put him out there and ruined his career yall would have been calling for his head. My advice to Lingard is to remove the leaches out of your ears bro take your time and get back healthy.

Exactly.

Advertisement
Back