Diaz Job is on the line this week

Advertisement
As far as fans are concerned, sure.

As far as the administration is concerned, no chance.

His team can lose this week, pummel Central Connecticut next week and will feel like they're back on track at 2-2 going into Virginia week—same way they thought the were hot **** after stealing one at Pitt and pounding bad Florida State and Louisville teams, before no-showing for FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech.

This program's psyche under Diaz is the problem; all the buzzwords and key phrases after losses (and posting pictures of themselves on social media making a play in a game they lost).

The let the Alabama game roll off their back and showed up ill prepared for Appalachian State. If they beat Michigan State, they'll think all is good again—and if they lose, they'll have some bag of excuses as to why and will write some quotes about "hustle", "grit", "hard work" or "the process" on their social media, again with photos of one play they made in the game.

This team doesn't have the will needed to play a solid enough season to win a Coastal title and to reach the ACC Championship game—or if they do, they aren't doing a good job putting it on display.

15-11 in two plus seasons under Manny—with no reason to think these guys are going to turn a corner anytime soon. (That doesn't mean they won't get a few wins this season—it means they're not going to buckle in and to play the kind of consistent football needed to truly compete for a division title.)
15 wins but not a single signature win..

he's not getting fired this week.. but if we lose badly, he's on the chopping block..

his record so far is what was expected this year at 1-1.. but both games were poorly played..

this week will be the first week where his coaching will make a difference between a win and a loss... we were losing to Bama no matter what.. we were going to beat App state no matter what.. but we'll lose to MSU if the team comes unprepared and uninspired like they did against Bama and App state..

7-5 or worse and i believe he gets fired..

9-3 or better and he's safe (should be 10-2 in my opinion at worst)...

8-4 is no man's land.. no idea what would happen then...
this! exactly this!

Advertisement
When you start seeing confirmations mentioned here from non-miami sports reporters on the demeanor of the team on the field, it is a problem.
I know he feels the outside pressure this game is going to tell us how our season goes. I hope it’s some leaders in that locker room

Advertisement
N
A loss here could be the beginning of sending the program spiraling out of control.

If it derails the season then Diazs seat will get pretty hot, but he has the excuse of "I tried it but will now hire a defensive coordinator" which guarantees him another year.
NO he doesn't. That was his card in the hole last year when everyone knew Blake baker was taking the fall for him cause he was responsible for d last year as well. He just believes he's smarter than everyone else... If our season is 4 or 5 wins MAYBE 6 which is real difficult to do with this schedule than he's gone. Period

Advertisement
I actually agree with OP but more in the sense of the long term. I think beating MSU soundly going into ACC play is the jump start they need. If Diaz wants to be here long term he needs to do well this year and the MSU game is a step towards that. If we come out flat again or lose I don't think we go on to have a great season which means 2022 will be the make or break year. Most coaches don't do well in their make or break year.

So yea, this game could be the one where his job is on the line.

Advertisement
he's not getting fired this week.. but if we lose badly, he's on the chopping block..

his record so far is what was expected this year at 1-1.. but both games were poorly played..

this week will be the first week where his coaching will make a difference between a win and a loss... we were losing to Bama no matter what.. we were going to beat App state no matter what.. but we'll lose to MSU if the team comes unprepared and uninspired like they did against Bama and App state..

7-5 or worse and i believe he gets fired..

9-3 or better and he's safe (should be 10-2 in my opinion at worst)...

8-4 is no man's land.. no idea what would happen then...
7-5 and as far as Blake James is concerned .. "we are close". It would take a 6-6 season for pressure to get to Blake James to even begin considering a change. 5-7 .. then there will be so much pressure he will have no choice.

He won’t be fired after this game if he loses but he’s on notice. Manny feels the heat
manny.gif

Manny says "CHILL fellas, I got this"

He is already getting us prepared to D
ominate in the offseason, AGAIN

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back