Diaz Job is on the line this week

Advertisement
Is his job literally on the line Saturday? No, but the season is, and so goes this season, so goes his ultimate future.

Transfer rules and the portal alone mean the timeline is shorter, whether UM likes it or not.

They've given him a lot of mulligans already (FIU, coordinators), and let him make some expensive hires.

If we lose to Michigan State, the season will spiral out of control and we'll be 0-4 or 1-3 in ACC play with a recruiting class that is virtually nonexistent and current players with any value will already be picking out their courses at their new school.

There is no coming back for him or the program from a 6+ loss season in his third year.

a loss here, and it's basically for Manny, what the 2010 loss to UVa was for Randy Shannon. Will he get pink-slipped on Monday? No. But I think its at that point he's on borrowed time

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Advertisement
Al Golden. How many times was he on the supposed hot seat before he lost the next game? Manny is actually in a better position. He was hired to be the next Bobby Bowden. A coach who would grow into the job after getting his first shot. Anyone who thinks he is about to be fired just doesn't understand this program. But I am going to tell you I don't disagree with the idea. Every coach deserves full recruiting classes of at least four years and most likely five years. If they win more games than not during the time period, you let it play out if that was your initial plan. This town wanted to run Butch out of town in 1999, Jimmy after the bad losses in 1984, and did run Erickson out of town even though he was a solid winning coach of two national championships. Miami is a town whose fans just demand national championships regardless of reality. It has always been that way. Manny ain't going no where any time soon. Deal with it.

Just read Urban Meyer is looking to get back into college football. Seems the NFL isn't the right fit for him

As long as Manny wins 7 or 8 and gets to a a bowl game to keep the #buildingchampionsintitle9sports funding going he is safe.. Unless his players embarrass the university off the field...

Advertisement
Al Golden. How many times was he on the supposed hot seat before he lost the next game? Manny is actually in a better position. He was hired to be the next Bobby Bowden. A coach who would grow into the job after getting his first shot. Anyone who thinks he is about to be fired just doesn't understand this program. But I am going to tell you I don't disagree with the idea. Every coach deserves full recruiting classes of at least four years and most likely five years. If they win more games than not during the time period, you let it play out if that was your initial plan. This town wanted to run Butch out of town in 1999, Jimmy after the bad losses in 1984, and did run Erickson out of town even though he was a solid winning coach of two national championships. Miami is a town whose fans just demand national championships regardless of reality. It has always been that way. Manny ain't going no where any time soon. Deal with it.
Keep believing that....

Advertisement
Back