Diaz Job is on the line this week

Advertisement
Advertisement
day-limns-gifsdayrol.gif

As far as fans are concerned, sure.

As far as the administration is concerned, no chance.

His team can lose this week, pummel Central Connecticut next week and will feel like they're back on track at 2-2 going into Virginia week—same way they thought the were hot **** after stealing one at Pitt and pounding bad Florida State and Louisville teams, before no-showing for FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech.

This program's psyche under Diaz is the problem; all the buzzwords and key phrases after losses (and posting pictures of themselves on social media making a play in a game they lost).

The let the Alabama game roll off their back and showed up ill prepared for Appalachian State. If they beat Michigan State, they'll think all is good again—and if they lose, they'll have some bag of excuses as to why and will write some quotes about "hustle", "grit", "hard work" or "the process" on their social media, again with photos of one play they made in the game.

This team doesn't have the will needed to play a solid enough season to win a Coastal title and to reach the ACC Championship game—or if they do, they aren't doing a good job putting it on display.

15-11 in two plus seasons under Manny—with no reason to think these guys are going to turn a corner anytime soon. (That doesn't mean they won't get a few wins this season—it means they're not going to buckle in and to play the kind of consistent football needed to truly compete for a division title.)

Advertisement
A loss here could be the beginning of sending the program spiraling out of control.

If it derails the season then Diazs seat will get pretty hot, but he has the excuse of "I tried it but will now hire a defensive coordinator" which guarantees him another year.

he's not getting fired this week.. but if we lose badly, he's on the chopping block..

his record so far is what was expected this year at 1-1.. but both games were poorly played..

this week will be the first week where his coaching will make a difference between a win and a loss... we were losing to Bama no matter what.. we were going to beat App state no matter what.. but we'll lose to MSU if the team comes unprepared and uninspired like they did against Bama and App state..

7-5 or worse and i believe he gets fired..

9-3 or better and he's safe (should be 10-2 in my opinion at worst)...

8-4 is no man's land.. no idea what would happen then...

Advertisement
Job isn’t on the line realistically ..without a doubt it’s a important game tho. This is the thing, our fanbase is retarded and bi polar, but when you lose a portion of the base from the decision to hire him in the first place, your not gunna get those folks back on your side until u win big..and that doesn’t mean 10 wins either. Take the right steps forward and just come out with a W this week. That’s crucial. Players can’t be worried about the 5’000 in the stands booing..has to be tunnel mentality..we’re gunna find out rather the Bama game was a let down and offensively was that a factor last week..or will the line continue it’s inconsistency and will king continue to be out of rhythm..personally I think king is set to have a big game after the 2nd half he played last week..and believe it or not APP state is more athletic on Defense overall then what we will see this week

Imagine following this program for longer than 17 seconds and making this thread.

It's the biggest game on his career to date. Just like the UVA one will be, then UNC, etc. for the rest of the year. Anything less than 10 wins is unacceptable. But as far as losing his job based off what happens this Saturday? I hate saying zero chance because it's so completely and concretely zero chance that it's a waste of time to even write it but......zero chance.

Imagine following this program for longer than 17 seconds and making this thread.

It's the biggest game on his career to date. Just like the UVA one will be, then UNC, etc. for the rest of the year. Anything less than 10 wins is unacceptable. But as far as losing his job based off what happens this Saturday? I hate saying zero chance because it's so completely and concretely zero chance that it's a waste of time to even write it but......zero chance.
:pgdead:

Advertisement
Nah, but the team needs some momentum heading into ACC play and a win vs another P5 program would help accomplish that.

Advertisement
Back