Devaughn Mortimer, WR Dillard '22

Lmao problem with Stacy Coley is he was made of glass. Dude was awesome when he played. His catches= outstanding.
I do not think he missed many games because of injury but it seemed like every time he caught a pass he would come up limping and sit a few plays. I remember the great catch on the corner route against FSU where he adjusted his body in mid-air and just landed on his side he jumped up to celebrate and it was like he forgot he was hurt for a second then crumpled lol

Advertisement
I remember having a similar discussion around Brashard Smith around this time last year. A couple of you all thought he was too small and not a take and swore up and down that he was down the “board” (that always kills me). Well
that obviously turned out to be wrong. I guess you all haven’t learned your lesson by now that this is fluid and it changes by the minute. Mortimer can definitely play here, but we have much bigger needs IMO.
Ummm who you talking to about Brashard Smith? Because I wanted the guy here because he was a built like an RB. I know you’re not referring to me.

Ummm who you talking to about Brashard Smith? Because I wanted the guy here because he was a built like an RB. I know you’re not referring to me.

You wanted us to take Brashard Smith early last year? You also thought he was a take early last year after he backed off of his UF verbal? Is that what you’re telling me? Think hard about this now, cause I’m not just asking you this for sh*ts & giggles lol.

SMH

Y’all do this every year. Likens breeds NFL WRs. How also knows you don’t win with short, skinny WRs anymore. Check our previous WR depth chart for proof.
Agreed. We need to recruit more successful, taller receivers like Brian Hightower, Lawrence Cager, and Dee Wiggins.

Advertisement
You wanted us to take Brashard Smith early last year? You also thought he was a take early last year after he backed off of his UF verbal? Is that what you’re telling me? Think hard about this now, cause I’m not just asking you this for sh*ts & giggles lol.
293DC296-5BCD-48A2-A07C-14FBB154B850.gif

I can't, I just can't. All I'll say about that is that there's been some serious laugh out loud posts these last couple of pages.

I also say that I'm 100 percent in agreement with caring what they do in college rather than their draft potential. Getting drafted in any round means you were worth having on a college football team. There's also plenty of solid and good players in college that don't get drafted.

This kid was the most electric player on the field in the Dillard-STA game. He kept Dillard in the game. I don't know how you can look at the kid and his straight line time and obvious change of direction ability and not think this kid is like the receivers DMoney mentioned and not think he can help UM.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Lol, relax. In all seriousness, again this is not me trying to attack or ruffle feathers. This is just me emphasizing that our “board” changes rapidly and kids are continuously evaluated. I can go back and find I’m sure where several
posters didn’t think Smith or George were takes around summer time last year, that obviously was false.

On the other hand, again I think Mortimer can definitely play here and be a special return guy but I’d rather us use that spot elsewhere where its needed a bit more ie OL/DL/LB/CB

You wanted us to take Brashard Smith early last year? You also thought he was a take early last year after he backed off of his UF verbal? Is that what you’re telling me? Think hard about this now, cause I’m not just asking you this for sh*ts & giggles lol.I absolutely did.
I’m talking about in the same recruiting cycle. Brashard Smith is faster, more talented, and would literally play the same position.
If only I had another guy who was bigger, faster, actually played WR, and could catch to play in the slot. Oh wait! I do...his name is Brashard Smith.
So this is me not wanting Brashard? In fact my concern with Brashard was that he would never settle into a position and so far that’s been true.

Advertisement
I can't, I just can't. All I'll say about that is that there's been some serious laugh out loud posts these last couple of pages.

I also say that I'm 100 percent in agreement with caring what they do in college rather than their draft potential. Getting drafted in any round means you were worth having on a college football team. There's also plenty of solid and good players in college that don't get drafted.
That’s a lot words for “I can’t come back at anything you’re saying so I’ll subtly throw a really weak jab (par of course for you) because you make me butthurt on a constant basis”.

I remember having a similar discussion around Brashard Smith around this time last year. A couple of you all thought he was too small and not a take and swore up and down that he was down the “board” (that always kills me). Well
that obviously turned out to be wrong. I guess you all haven’t learned your lesson by now that this is fluid and it changes by the minute. Mortimer can definitely play here, but we have much bigger needs IMO.
Get a quality LB and DE asap..

Advertisement
We're really knocking the 1% og college football players who get drafted each year to the NFL? Amazing lol I mean how many times do we have to see local kids who get slept on get drafted and fulfill their dreams before it's appreciated? Hundreds of thousands each year either go undrafted or they know after they graduate they have no chance yet the ones who succeed have negative statements about them because they were drafted in the final 2 rounds?

We're really knocking the 1% og college football players who get drafted each year to the NFL? Amazing lol I mean how many times do we have to see local kids who get slept on get drafted and fulfill their dreams before it's appreciated? Hundreds of thousands each year either go undrafted or they know after they graduate they have no chance yet the ones who succeed have negative statements about them because they were drafted in the final 2 rounds?

Exactly! I mean Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick, correct? Marques Colston was close to the last pick of the draft too. Both turned out great. Getting drafted says a lot no matter what round. Ironically both athletes were different types of WR. It doesn’t matter what height you are, as long as you make plays.

Exactly! I mean Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick, correct? Marques Colston was close to the last pick of the draft too. Both turned out great. Getting drafted says a lot no matter what round. Ironically both athletes were different types of WR. It doesn’t matter what height you are, as long as you make plays.
Even if you're undrafted and make a week 1 roster that's like owning a business without having a college degree it speaks unbelievable volumes about yourself. I dont care what the player looks like show me what and who he is with the pads on

Berrios also a 6th round pick. Lookin better in the NFL almost every week

Advertisement
Back