Devaughn Mortimer, WR Dillard '22

Advertisement
The '22 South Florida crop looks unusually weak at WR, but this kid can go. Only a 3* for now.

That boy can run. One of the better kept secrets at WR in south Florida due to playing at Dillard. But cats about to be out the bag..according to ppl really lit it up in the 7v7 this past weekend...question is can he catch adidas branded football’s?

Devaughn is an under the radar kid with very good speed, runs an unofficial 4.44 40 & ran a 10.82 in the 100m last year, also ran a 10.9 earlier this year in the Outdoors back in March.

He was one of the main offensive catalyst for that Dillard squad that the late great Coach Frasier lead to a 12-1 record in 2019, he had 12TD's & was always a big play game breaker with raw skills.

To be as fast as he is, he's a super smooth runner, looks likes he's gliding into the 2nd level of the Defense, he's got effortless lateral movement & change of direction. They don't ask him to run very many sophisticated routes, he basically just does 9's & Bubble screens, but he's always a threat to house it & score. He runs with good contact balance & has good hands. Physically he of course add more weight being that he's only 160lbs but he's built like a typical undersized Slot WR that has the frame to bulk up & be an effective matchup challenge out the slot.

I know of 3 Broward coaches who speak highly of him, Coach Swain, Coach Willie Hill (former Stranahan track star that played at CMU) & Coach Toriano Morgan (current OC at VA State & former Dillard HC & alum) all rave about his ability & work ethic. A Roosevelt Gardens boy that loves to compete.

He's a kid that will kill it once the camp circuit open back up, he's built to make CB's look silly in the one on one camp setting & would definitely be someone that needs an invite to Paradise Camp if we're allowed to have it next year.
I believe he played for Go-Getter 7v7 last year, but I'm not 100% sure.

Been picking up steam with offers from TAMU, AZ St, Kentucky & Cuse. Reminds me of Mike Harley with more consistent hands. Definite sleeper WR that I wouldn't mind taking in the 22 class.

And with Coach Hickson on staff we would absolutely be able to get him if we wanted him.
I’d keep him on my radar for sure. But he’s not the top slot type kid in south Florida in 22 Imo. That’s Mike Jackson. Idk if we taken both. But for me it’s Jackson plan A, this kid plan B

I’d keep him on my radar for sure. But he’s not the top slot type kid in south Florida in 22 Imo. That’s Mike Jackson. Idk if we taken both. But for me it’s Jackson plan A, this kid plan B

I like both, but give a slight nod to Mortimer, little bigger and stronger... I like the Celestine kid at NW too but I have no idea what kinda season he had. All 3 have big return game too... I've only seen JAC frosh and soph tapes from Hialeah.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nothing wrong with the speedsters. I just saw tyreek hill destroy an nfl playoff game
Look. If Tyreke Hill focused on track out of HS he’d qualify for the olympics. He’s in top 1% of the most explosive human beings on the planet. There’s levels to speed and in the football world he’s in his own category..let’s just pump the breaks on the Hill comps. Relay this message to Scottie Miller also

Fastest dude I ever played against. Went down on punt coverage (don’t know why we didn’t put that ball out of bounds) and thought I had him angled to the sideline. 73 yards latter he was enjoying the endzone while I was contemplating what the tape was going to look like on Saturday morning.

Advertisement
Yup Brian Burns is Stanley Mcglover lil bro another Dillard Panther

yeah, Dillard has had a pipeline back to Dillard. Was the Dillard 5 back in the early 90s the first wave of Dillard kids to go to auburn?

Auburn's been coming down here for kids forever. Tucker Frederickson. 1964 SEC MVP and All American at Auburn, #1 overall pick in the 1965 NFL draft and Pro Bowler. Went to South Broward. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_Frederickson
Frank Sanders is another Dillard cat who starred there and had a nice long pro career. I remember watching him at Auburn when I was in elementary school. That was a loooooooooong time ago...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back