Details of the weekend Diaz got hired...

Advertisement
I don’t buy this but what the **** do I know. I think as someone said, Richt decided days ago. I don’t think he was seriously going into 2019 with Banda/Patke as co dcs and was just a decision to hold the fort down through early signing period.

I do believe the board would want Mario. Now that is lazy. If it’s between Mario and Manny, I’ll take Manny. He could bomb or be our Dabo. At least there is hope. Mario is what he is. An 8-4 coach who has hit his ceiling for the most part.
Bumpity bump.bump

WOMP

Advertisement
I respect u.
Unfortunately, Manny makes some bomb *** koolaid.
He **** sure talks a good game, so I can see how he duped those around him. We were all fooled.

I started having serious doubts when he hired Dan Enos. That, to me, was a real head scratcher. The guy went from head coach, to OC, to QB coach. We were told it was because he was a different kind of guy, that went against the grain. It smelled funny at the time, but now it really stinks. The numbers he produced were never great, but we were told his O stresses out a D because it makes a D think too much. The numbers suggested otherwise. But hey, Manny had a tough time with him, so that makes him great. That's Ego 101. You hire a guy because others can't stop him, not because YOU can't. This was eerily similar to Randy hiring Pat Nix, except Enos is getting paid way the **** more. Randy didn't have the budget Diaz has been given. ****, neither did Golden for that matter.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the DC hire. I just kind of assumed he'd have his hands all over the D and it would be fine. Instead, he's trying to look like a real CEO and has been far too hands off. Another epic fail.

Deer in the headlights every stinking week. Even against Bethune when we were up only 14-0, he looked shell shocked. Milking the clock before calling a TO against CMU with 12.5 minutes left. Seriously? That was painful to see from a UM coach.

I expected far better from a man that talked so much crap. Put up or shut up already.

He **** sure talks a good game, so I can see how he duped those around him. We were all fooled.

I started having serious doubts when he hired Dan Enos. That, to me, was a real head scratcher. The guy went from head coach, to OC, to QB coach. We were told it was because he was a different kind of guy, that went against the grain. It smelled funny at the time, but now it really stinks. The numbers he produced were never great, but we were told his O stresses out a D because it makes a D think too much. The numbers suggested otherwise. But hey, Manny had a tough time with him, so that makes him great. That's Ego 101. You hire a guy because others can't stop him, not because YOU can't. This was eerily similar to Randy hiring Pat Nix, except Enos is getting paid way the **** more. Randy didn't have the budget Diaz has been given. ****, neither did Golden for that matter.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the DC hire. I just kind of assumed he'd have his hands all over the D and it would be fine. Instead, he's trying to look like a real CEO and has been far too hands off. Another epic fail.

Deer in the headlights every stinking week. Even against Bethune when we were up only 14-0, he looked shell shocked. Milking the clock before calling a TO against CMU with 12.5 minutes left. Seriously? That was painful to see from a UM coach.

I expected far better from a man that talked so much crap. Put up or shut up already.
Hew had us all fooled.

Unfortunately, I doubts he puts up. This feels like the nail in the coffin for this illustrious program.

You're welcome aboard that bandwagon...but I've been driving that one for a few months now.

I NEVER wanted him back here as coach. He's too old and his time in that capacity has run its course......however the idea of him as an AD has intrigued me given the fact one of Butch's greatest strengths has always been the ability to surround himself with a good staff. That's EXACTLY the type of essential skill that is necessary, and would translate, to a move to athletic director.

Even for those that think it's a bad idea....he's 100 million times more qualified to be in that role than Blake James. We could do worse. He would absolutely clean house which is EXACTLY what we need.
If in some dream world Butch were the AD... I could understand a Mario hire... I think that could work.

Nobody should have been fooled by Manure.

He was an up and down DC who never coached on a winning team, or under any good HC, never played football, never was a HC, and was a known poor recruiter.

How the **** was anyone convinced this was “the guy”????

Advertisement

He was an up and down DC who never coached on a winning team, or under any good HC, never played football, never was a HC, and was a known poor recruiter.

Blake embezzled money to his good friend, or he just got caught up in the Manny fast talk. Not surprising when you consider this university's history with Nevin Shapiro.

The rah-rah when it glitters too much and looks too good can fool some of the best.
Politicians do it all the time. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Not ALL of us...

Funny that you would make the assumption that Mario walks into the same situation and automatically has the same results as what he's doing with Oregon. There he took over a team that wasn't hurting for talent, he starts with a QB who is a projected first rounder, and his OL isn't made of swiss cheese. Lots of hires look like a home run until they don't, but keep up the good work Miss Cleo.

Oregon was 7-6 and 4-8 two seasons before Mario took over full time. He "coached" their team at the bowl game after WT went 7-5. He as gone a combined 15-5 after two full seasons. Four of those losses were in his first year.

Mario would have Miami playing at a much higher level than the Intern,,,and would probably be killing it on the recruiting front too.

Advertisement
Workout Yes GIF by Openfit
College Football Wink GIF by Michigan State Football

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back