Details of the weekend Diaz got hired...

Advertisement
I’m a “what have you done for me lately” type of dude. With Lane I see an elite offense but a defense that’ll wasn’t good enough to stop people(Fau mostly) while Mario has Oregon rolling to a playoff and prioritizing the trenches and elite D. Like I’ve mentioned before, it’s doesn’t matter how many points you score if you can’t stop people. Play Dominating D. Worry about scoring 40 later.

Q: How many games in a season do you win if your team allows 42 ppg on defense but scores 48 ppg on offense?

A: All of them

Q: How many games in a season do you win if your team allows 42 ppg on defense but scores 48 ppg on offense?

A: All of them
You can’t even see the flaw in your own answer. How many possessions are your defenders playing per season compared to your rivals? How perfect does your offense have to be on a weekly basis? What happens when your No. 1 gets hurts? Etc.

Offense first teams fail. Just go ask Lincoln Riley.

Advertisement
jumping-in.gif

You can’t even see the flaw in your own answer. How many possessions are your defenders playing per season compared to your rivals? How perfect does your offense have to be on a weekly basis? What happens when your No. 1 gets hurts? Etc.

Offense first teams fail. Just go ask Lincoln Riley.

I will happily accept Oklahoma results for the next 3-4 years. If Miami had Alex Grinch as DC, I think the defense would be just fine, even with the personnel we have.

What happens when your QB gets hurt? Well, if you are a school like Oklahoma where QBs are lining up to play in a high powered offense, you have another 5 star sitting on the bench ready to go.

I will happily accept Oklahoma results for the next 3-4 years. If Miami had Alex Grinch as DC, I think the defense would be just fine, even with the personnel we have.

What happens when your QB gets hurt? Well, if you are a school like Oklahoma where QBs are lining up to play in a high powered offense, you have another 5 star sitting on the bench ready to go.
Except they didn’t have that last year and were stuck with Rattler…

Except they didn’t have that last year and were stuck with Rattler…

In 2020, Oklahoma had 4 star Tanner Mordecai on the bench, who is currently #1 in the country in passing TDs and #3 in QBR after transferring to SMU.

Advertisement
In 2020, Oklahoma had 4 star Tanner Mordecai on the bench, who is currently #1 in the country in passing TDs and #3 in QBR after transferring to SMU.
I know who it was. It still doesn’t change anything.

Best coach since Butch, hands down. Better than DE as well...DE just let Jimmy's boys run the show
I have a high regard for Mark Richt, but Dennis Erickson was a much better football coach. The disrespect he gets on here is astounding.

I know who it was. It still doesn’t change anything.

Stacking chips at QB isn't important to you? If Rattler had gone down, I don't know if Mordecai could stepped into their offense without missing a beat, but one thing is clear, he's an extremely talented QB and was on their roster. The point is, they are such a draw to recruits on offense that they could lose their #1 and it wouldn't be the end of their season because there is another good QB right behind him. I'm a believer that teams with top offenses and mediocre defenses will win more games than teams with top defenses and mediocre offenses. The rules are too slanted in favor of offense now. Maybe the NCAA will change the rules in favor of defenses in the near future, but I doubt it.

Stacking chips at QB isn't important to you? If Rattler had gone down, I don't know if Mordecai could stepped into their offense without missing a beat, but one thing is clear, he's an extremely talented QB and was on their roster. The point is, they are such a draw to recruits on offense that they could lose their #1 and it wouldn't be the end of their season because there is another good QB right behind him. I'm a believer that teams with top offenses and mediocre defenses will win more games than teams with top defenses and mediocre offenses. The rules are too slanted in favor of offense now. Maybe the NCAA will change the rules in favor of defenses in the near future, but I doubt it.
Mordecai wasn’t a chip. He was horrible in replacement for Rattler and was so horrible in OU camp that they basically gave the job to Rattler. He wasn’t even a blue chip recruit.

Advertisement
Mordecai wasn’t a chip. He was horrible in replacement for Rattler and was so horrible in OU camp that they basically gave the job to Rattler. He wasn’t even a blue chip recruit.

He was a 4 star on 247, 4 star on ESPN, and 3 star on rivals. 4 star=blue chip.

And you are starting to stretch the truth trying to win an argument. Mordecai was injured and missed about 75% of fall camp.

He was a 4 star on 247, 4 star on ESPN, and 3 star on rivals. 4 star=blue chip.

And you are starting to stretch the truth trying to win an argument. Mordecai was injured and missed about 75% of fall camp.
Go turn on the Texas game last year and see if I’m “stretching” the truth then. He was horrible.

I have a high regard for Mark Richt, but Dennis Erickson was a much better football coach. The disrespect he gets on here is astounding.
That’s because Erickson was barely better than Larry Coker. Terrible recruiter, won with JJs players, offensive 1 back system was overrated.

Advertisement
he won 2 NCs at Miami .... should have been more

Erickson's 0.875 winning percentage (63–9) at Miami remains the highest in the history of the program.

View attachment 155426JFC, @TimeBum!!! I love you, my dude, but hot takes exposed!! 😂😂 I know we all have them, lol

Yikes!

To be fair, here's what I posted when I heard Diaz was being considered for the job. Pretty much everything before the hire was anti-Diaz.

Capture.JPG

After he got the job I had to make the choice of either deluding myself that it wasn't a horrendous hire or eating a gun.

And I still believe an innovator coach will be more successful than a CEO coach since the history of UM football bears that out. I made the mistake of believing that Diaz's slim chance of success would be an as an innovator. I'm pro-Cristobal now, but as I said in another thread, I really don't see a huge difference between him and Greg Schiano yet no one would be doing cartwheels if Schiano got the job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back