D'Eriq King tears his ACL

Advertisement
Ain’t a snowballs chance in **** he will be ready for Bama. What kind of math we using here? And why would we possibly do that to him?
It will be close... Some ACL injuries only take 7-8 months to fully recover. It all depends on the person really. Regardless he's not going to be the same QB he was in 2020. He will spend an entire off-season just rehabbing the knee instead of throwing the football and working to get better. I would apply for a medical redshirt if I was him

**** that sucks. This program is cursed. Even if he’s back by fall, he’s not going to have the mobility he had by then. Wish him a speedy recovery but this is not good news.

Advertisement
What happens if TVD or Garcia (or even Perry given how good he looked in the bowl game) balls out against Bama and we somehow pull off the impossible? Do we give the reins back to King when he’s healthy? I’m in no way downplaying his injury. This really sucks and I really hope he gets healthy and comes back better than ever. Just thinking out loud

Those are the kinds of problems you want to have.

Get well soon king. Kosi get ready! King will be back for bama!
Hopefully. Worst case is N'kosi transfers and King misses most of the season.

I understand the optimism, but it takes 11 months for an NFL player to return from an ACL injury. I just think it's wishful thinking that King will be 100% let alone cleared to play by August.
It takes 11 months, on average, for an NFL player to return to play after anterior cruciate ligament surgery, according to one study.

Advertisement
I would do cartwheels if that's the biggest problem we have after Bama.

I agree, but I have a better chance of winning the Powerball than Miami has of beating Alabama, even with a fully healthy King.

We don’t have one player who would start for them, or one coach who would coach for them.

The difference between Alabama and Miami as far as talent and coaching is greater than the difference between Miami and Central Connecticut. So we're more likely to lose to Central Connecticut than we are of beating Alabama.

We are completely and fully outclassed, top to bottom, inside and out. EVERY facet of the program. Completely outclassed. If this game is played 100 times, Alabama wins every time by more than 2 touchdowns.

We have zero shot.

Advertisement
kathryn hahn humping GIF

Kosi Hive right now

I agree, but I have a better chance of winning the Powerball than Miami has of beating Alabama, even with a fully healthy King.

We don’t have one player who would start for them, or one coach who would coach for them.

The difference between Alabama and Miami as far as talent and coaching is greater than the difference between Miami and Central Connecticut. So we're more likely to lose to Central Connecticut than we are of beating Alabama.

We are completely and fully outclassed, top to bottom, inside and out. EVERY facet of the program. Completely outclassed. If this game is played 100 times, Alabama wins every time by more than 2 touchdowns.

We have zero shot.
Then why play?

Advertisement
Is it okay for me to dream that Jake Garcia is the next Marino and a phenom who comes in, takes the starting spot, QB1 vs Bama and goes 25/35, 345, 4TDs and Miami wins?

I mean, does that happen for Miami? Does anything like that ever happen for us?
Not that far fetched. He has the arm talent and the "it" factor.

I’m hearing it’s ACL only and not multi-ligament. Looks good although they won’t know for sure until they go in.

Perhaps this explains the aggressive timeline. @Nickdoc1 will have more insight.
If he escapes MCL tear it's amazing news.

MCL surgery is much more difficult than ACL surgery.

Advertisement
Back