D'Eriq King tears his ACL

Take it slow with him. We need him for conference play and he needs to protect himself. I’m sure he wants to play Bama but I’d rather see him in Charlotte against Clemson.
Zero chance he plays against Bama

Blessing in disguise for us after that whipping we're going to get bc we can say King didn't play

Advertisement
What he wants to do shouldn’t matter
100% almost a rhetorical question - you KNOW he will want to play. He's just a competitor. He can really help the other guys prepare properly and learn the offense inside and out. His presence in that locker room and QB room will be HUGE.

I say this especially if there are numerous staff changes on the other side of the ball..... Team will have to adjust and re-bond with new staff

Advertisement
Live look at Kosi when he heard it was an ACL:
eb06d11c2c08dcf752839a701be18e61.gif

Screenshot of Kosi when he heard King is back in August:

CDE9YHzWAAEx-FG.png

They’re not going to know the severity of the tear with 100% certainty until the surgery has actually been done

Until that point it’s just sheer speculation from everyone about what his recovery timeline might be.

Even after the surgery, different people respond differently to their rehabilitation.

The only thing we know for sure is he won’t be participating in spring practice.

While it may seem unlikely that he would play versus Alabama for some, we actually don’t know for sure, and won’t even have an idea until the severity of the injury is confirmed, and even then, we might not know until late spring or early summer depending on how he responds to rehab

Advertisement
Same field that Graig Cooper busted his knee.

I think McGahee and Gore need to visit this kid and tell him about life after injuries.
Awesome brother YES YES , bring some warhorses in to share and mentor these kids .

POST OF THE DAY RIGHT HERE

Looking on the bright side, at least it was King’s right knee that was injured instead of his left. I would assume the left leg (plant foot) would be more important.

Let’s hope he has a quick recovery!

Advertisement
That's extremely unlikely... The vast majority are in that 8-10 month range

You keep saying that as if your continued statements will make it true.

Meanwhile, doctors have examined King, and everyone who has made a public statement has mentioned the same timeframe (August).

What do you think is "really" happening? That the doctors are lying to King? Or that Manny is trying to trick Saban into preparing for Peyton Matocha?

He should play when’s he cleared. Not before or after. None of this holding him out stuff unless that is the clear unavoidable medically correct decision. Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in November of ‘17 and was back for organized 7 on 7 in late May of 2018 then played a preseason game August ‘18. JT Daniels took longer. Over a year. Watson timeline would be similar to King’s if fall camp is the goal.

I agree, but I have a better chance of winning the Powerball than Miami has of beating Alabama, even with a fully healthy King.

We don’t have one player who would start for them, or one coach who would coach for them.

The difference between Alabama and Miami as far as talent and coaching is greater than the difference between Miami and Central Connecticut. So we're more likely to lose to Central Connecticut than we are of beating Alabama.

We are completely and fully outclassed, top to bottom, inside and out. EVERY facet of the program. Completely outclassed. If this game is played 100 times, Alabama wins every time by more than 2 touchdowns.

We have zero shot.

Just turn in your Cane card and delete your log-in name.

You cannot possibly be a real Canes fan.

Advertisement
Another thing to consider is the 8-10 month timeline is full-release. He can probably work in reps in practice before then.

Ideally he doesn’t play the first 4 games anyway. It shouldn’t change the outcome of any of those games. But he should be able to get some reps in practice in fall camp and in the first month of the season so he isn’t shaking off rust in his first game action.

I didn’t want to go to Atlanta to see us play Alabama but I kept telling myself I did want to go...and now I’m finally locked into staying my *** home.

Advertisement
Back