Dee Delany vs Cody Thompson

I'd have young on him IMO. Based on first game, not sure why Delaney or Jackson are starting over Young.

Maybe they have played better than him in practice. What has young done to show he is a lockdown cb? He still has to prove himself too.

What have any of our CB's done to show they're lockdown corners? Young is a turnover forcing machine - that much is proven.

Advertisement
Some of you kill me with all your false bravado. Look, even Diaz said the defense basically looked like crap vs BCC, so the reality is the sample size for this year is so-so. Throw the layoff and the fact that they have show to be able to throw the ball and it gives you an uneasy feeling...at least it does me. Show me don't tell me.

True canes aint scared of nobody...we dont make excuses, we make adjustments. Toledo is riding what they did to a 5 loss Arkansas team. News flash, we're not freakin Arkansas, " We are The U". We have played 1 game and all of sudden you're concerned, doubtful, paranoid, worried or whatever like we forgot how to ball over the offseason. Can't be a Cane with doubt. This grown man business here.

People are giving Toledo way too much credit.

No, people are looking at all of the variables. The defense **** **** against Bethune (Delaney, especially had a poor game), they have had 3 weeks off of live game action, missed 10 days of practice, and this is Toledos 4th game

Advertisement
I'd have young on him IMO. Based on first game, not sure why Delaney or Jackson are starting over Young.

Maybe they have played better than him in practice. What has young done to show he is a lockdown cb? He still has to prove himself too.

What have any of our CB's done to show they're lockdown corners? Young is a turnover forcing machine - that much is proven.

In practice. Young hasnt proven anything in actual games.

Huh?

Give Delaney some time. He was an FCS All-American but Bethune Cookman exposed him?

I expect a very good season from him.

Advertisement

He's picked off a couple of passes in about half a season as a starter. He has progressed during that time and is fast and reliable in coverage.

Huh?

He hasnt proven shît in games. What dont you understand?

He's picked off a couple of passes in about half a season as a starter. He has progressed during that time and is fast and reliable in coverage.

Interceptions dont mean you are reliable in coverage. Mcfadden had about 8 picks last year but also gave up about 8 tds. Young has not proven to be the cb that yall are hyping him to be. The entire secondary has to prove themselves.

Some of you kill me with all your false bravado. Look, even Diaz said the defense basically looked like crap vs BCC, so the reality is the sample size for this year is so-so. Throw the layoff and the fact that they have show to be able to throw the ball and it gives you an uneasy feeling...at least it does me. Show me don't tell me.

True canes aint scared of nobody...we dont make excuses, we make adjustments. Toledo is riding what they did to a 5 loss Arkansas team. News flash, we're not freakin Arkansas, " We are The U". We have played 1 game and all of sudden you're concerned, doubtful, paranoid, worried or whatever like we forgot how to ball over the offseason. Can't be a Cane with doubt. This grown man business here.

Like I said, false bravado, either that or you're not paying attention. All I know is we didn't "ball" vs an FCS team and have hardly practiced since then. Point is a struggle wouldn't surprise me at all nor would a blow-out, we just don't which team is taking the field Saturday.

Advertisement
Man, Miami needs to play a game ASAP. This is time off was worst than the offseason lol. It's going to be hot as **** Saturday, and they can't stop the run. If Mark and Homer both don't have over a 100 (Mark will be close to 200), something went terribly wrong. As long as Manny doesn't use the LBs in his nickel D, this **** won't even be close.

Against BCC, when Miami brought pressure, it appears that the scheme is designed for the DB's not to get beat deep (Off-Man), which gives up the shorter routes. With that said, the BCC WR did do a good job of selling the deep route, before breaking the route off...

However, when BCC got in the red-zone, I noticed that Delaney mirrored the guy with no problem in man-to-man coverage. (Except the time when he slipped)

Diaz is the guy that scares me, not just this game, but for the rest of the season. We can't have the "Texas Longhorn" Manny Diaz or the "Madden Playing" Diaz, that's blitzes 75% of the game. The way he coached the BCC game was ridiculous; he's trying to do waaaay too much. The dude needs to show more discipline as a coach.

He could learn a lot by watching how Randy Shannon runs his defense, at Florida.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jitters, scheme, overthinking, 1st game. Delaney will be alright, Diaz played a lot of guys, on D. Once Delaney gets comfortable he will dominate.

No need to argue this point, we need to do anything we can to shut down Toledo's best player on offense.

I don't care if we need to improve our defensive line play, our cornerback play, or if Delaney needs to give the kid a wedgie when the refs aren't looking.

Get it done.

Diaz is the guy that scares me, not just this game, but for the rest of the season. We can't have the "Texas Longhorn" Manny Diaz or the "Madden Playing" Diaz, that's blitzes 75% of the game. The way he coached the BCC game was ridiculous; he's trying to do waaaay too much. The dude needs to show more discipline as a coach.

He could learn a lot by watching how Randy Shannon runs his defense, at Florida.

He's been accused of being too "gimmicky" by an anonymous ACC coach.

That Bethune game was unacceptable. He better bring it on Saturday.

Interceptions dont mean you are reliable in coverage. Mcfadden had about 8 picks last year but also gave up about 8 tds. Young has not proven to be the cb that yall are hyping him to be. The entire secondary has to prove themselves.

Hyping him up to be what? I didn't say anything except that he has shown to be reliable in coverage and has a propensity for picking off the ball. Do you argue that he's not reliable and isn't a ball hawk? I don't think I hyped him to be anything more than he is.

Advertisement
Back