Dee Delany vs Cody Thompson

Advertisement
Diaz is the guy that scares me, not just this game, but for the rest of the season. We can't have the "Texas Longhorn" Manny Diaz or the "Madden Playing" Diaz, that's blitzes 75% of the game. The way he coached the BCC game was ridiculous; he's trying to do waaaay too much. The dude needs to show more discipline as a coach.

He could learn a lot by watching how Randy Shannon runs his defense, at Florida.

that's good because while at Miami he made guys like qb Craig Krenzel look like Johnny Manziel, and oc Patrick Nix look like Chad Morris.

That was 10-15 years ago, and even then he was a good DC. Have you seen that Florida defense in recent years? They are physical, fast, aggressive and disciplined. Gotta keep it real. He's not calling million blitzes and all kinds of nonsense, without any rhyme of reason--which is what Diaz does, and it's what got him fired at Texas. The game he called against BCC was the exactly the way he called games at Texas, but that's not going to work here. If he calls games the way he did against BCC it's going to get us beat multiple times this season.

And look, I am no Shannon fan, but he is a great DC. He was really good at Miami, but he has taken the next step at UF.

There is no doubt Shannon was an adequate DC while he had Wilforks, Reeds, Vilmas, and Taylors on his team. Once the talent level dropped off so did his defense. He was not a very creative guy but did not have to be until the talent level started to decline. And I still remember games where even with an all-star cast, he could not make basic in-game adjustments allowing for mobile qbs to shred our defense to bits.

I will be interested to see as he sees more spread RPO teams whether he can get his defenses to adjust to mobile qbs. That is one difference I see in Diaz is that his defenses are designed to counter modern RPO offenses. If Shannon can't make this adjustment to modern offenses his vulnerabilities as a defensive strategist will come to light again.

What kind of ****ed me off was how people dismissed the loss of four starters in the secondary (all on NFL rosters) because of Delaney, Dean, Carter, Bandy - none of whom had played a game at this level prior to Bethune.

You also had Jaquan and Redwine playing new positions.

There were going to be growing pains, but I don't think anyone expected to see Delaney getting beat by FCS receivers.

Jaquan played safety last year. He was the backup to jenkins and carter.

He was the nickel almost exclusively, perhaps even 100% of the time.

When Carter missed the first half against UNC, it was Knowles who started at safety while Johnson stayed at nickel.

Don't you tell me my business again.

Diaz is the guy that scares me, not just this game, but for the rest of the season. We can't have the "Texas Longhorn" Manny Diaz or the "Madden Playing" Diaz, that's blitzes 75% of the game. The way he coached the BCC game was ridiculous; he's trying to do waaaay too much. The dude needs to show more discipline as a coach.

He could learn a lot by watching how Randy Shannon runs his defense, at Florida.

:puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:

Having seen Delaney play at the Citadel twice and watching them last week vs ETSU... he'll be fine. Their defense was so much more vulnerable than when they had him. Probably more talented all around this year but missing him was night and day.

Advertisement
Dude was a stud against Elon, Nevada, and Tulsa.... They should put him on the Heisman watch list ASAP!

No but let's definitely crown Delaney after facing similar or worse competition last year.

This board gave Delaney one game before they turned on him. So the idea of him being crowned is laughable.

This is a Canes board, though, so forgive the few of us for rallying behind a Cane when we should be eating that Rocket **** and trembling in the corner.

Crown him in terms of being an unquestionable shut down power 5 corner.

We can't dog our opponents by saying they over perform due to playing FCS or lower tier FBS competition while saying one of our players deserves not to be questioned because he played high level FCS ball.

Last edited:
Young should get matched on him all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson is 6'2" 205
Delaney is 6'1' 195

Young is 5'9 181 not taking away from Malek's playmaking ability, but he's be giving up 5" and 23 lbs.

Ehhh...Size is kind of overrated in football, size does matter a little. Chris Harris Jr (I'm not ignoring the fact that he has one of the best front 7's in the NFL) But he locked Dez Bryant up, Dez is 6'2" 222LBS Chris Harris Jr is 5'9" 193, so he's giving up almost 30Lbs and 5 inches in height.

Ladies and gentlemen this is what we call an antidote. You're kidding yourself if you don't think size in football matters. And please don't bring up another antidote.

Lol. Show me where I said size doesn't matter in football.

Advertisement
Are we doing yet another "I'm scared of toledo because of...." thread?

Imagine how shook some of these porsters are gonna be the week before FSU.

fk me you guys are some ***aloons

What kind of ****ed me off was how people dismissed the loss of four starters in the secondary (all on NFL rosters) because of Delaney, Dean, Carter, Bandy - none of whom had played a game at this level prior to Bethune.

You also had Jaquan and Redwine playing new positions.

There were going to be growing pains, but I don't think anyone expected to see Delaney getting beat by FCS receivers.

Jaquan played safety last year. He was the backup to jenkins and carter.

He was the nickel almost exclusively, perhaps even 100% of the time.

When Carter missed the first half against UNC, it was Knowles who started at safety while Johnson stayed at nickel.

Don't you tell me my business again.

I already told you. He played safety last year and his freshmen year. The pick he got as a freshmen came when he was playing fs.

Young should get matched on him all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson is 6'2" 205
Delaney is 6'1' 195

Young is 5'9 181 not taking away from Malek's playmaking ability, but he's be giving up 5" and 23 lbs.

Ehhh...Size is kind of overrated in football, size does matter a little. Chris Harris Jr (I'm not ignoring the fact that he has one of the best front 7's in the NFL) But he locked Dez Bryant up, Dez is 6'2" 222LBS Chris Harris Jr is 5'9" 193, so he's giving up almost 30Lbs and 5 inches in height.

Ladies and gentlemen this is what we call an antidote. You're kidding yourself if you don't think size in football matters. And please don't bring up another antidote.

Lol. Show me where I said size doesn't matter in football.

Okkayyy....size isn't overrated and you're kidding yourself if you think it is overrated.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Toledo Rockets Elite WR Cody Thompson Looking Forward to Challenge at No. 14 Miami Hurricanes

I watched some of the Toledo game and this is by far their best player after Woodside. After watching that BCC game I'm sure Toledo's OC will try to get him matched up with Delany one on one. If I was Diaz I would make sure that if that match up drew a double team every time. Nothing about Delany's performance against BCC excited me.

Diaz better give Delaney help or that kid will get 150-200 yds....

Guess I need to change this to 300

I don't even want to be right about this. This absolutely sucks!!! Manny Diaz is terrible and so is Delaney.

This the only thing Dee needs to be seeing next week.
Bench-w-Back.jpg

Advertisement
Back