Dee Delany vs Cody Thompson

pimpcane1

Junior
Advertisement
Toledo Rockets Elite WR Cody Thompson Looking Forward to Challenge at No. 14 Miami Hurricanes

I watched some of the Toledo game and this is by far their best player after Woodside. After watching that BCC game I'm sure Toledo's OC will try to get him matched up with Delany one on one. If I was Diaz I would make sure that if that match up drew a double team every time. Nothing about Delany's performance against BCC excited me.

Diaz better give Delaney help or that kid will get 150-200 yds....

A quarterback has never completed a pass when he was flat on his back. Joe Jackson is going to eat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nobody on defense looked good against bethune.

This, it wasn't just the dbs. The linebackers didn't look good in space surprisingly and the dline was ineffective due to them getting the ball out fast and us playing off coverage. If we do that again while they are running quick passes then the same sh*t will happen

I'm pretty sure Diaz has seen the tape also. This aint the defensive coordinator that had defensive ends covering slot receivers. If we gotta pull a Robert Bailey.. so be it.

Delany matches up well against Thompson. Size vs Size. We should have let Delany play bump coverage vs BCC allowing him to prevent the WR from getting off the line and letting the DL to get to the QB.

Advertisement
Nobody on defense looked good against bethune.

This, it wasn't just the dbs. The linebackers didn't look good in space surprisingly and the dline was ineffective due to them getting the ball out fast and us playing off coverage. If we do that again while they are running quick passes then the same sh*t will happen

We are not going to play base defense all day.

Young should get matched on him all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson is 6'2" 205
Delaney is 6'1' 195

Young is 5'9 181 not taking away from Malek's playmaking ability, but he's be giving up 5" and 23 lbs.

Advertisement
Young should get matched on him all day.

Thompson is 6'2" 205
Delaney is 6'1' 195

Young is 5'9 181 not taking away from Malek's playmaking ability, but he's be giving up 5" and 23 lbs.

So? You put your best corner on their best receiver. It's not all about height and weight.

People are giving Toledo way too much credit.

It's unbelievable that Toledo has people shook. It's ***** Toledo!!!

Golden castrated a lot of these fans.

Nobody is shook over Toledo. I never said anything about us losing this game or it being close. This is only about defensive strategy. I don't want to see Miami defense give up many yard or points to any opponent. I want domination period.

Joaquin didn't tell the great Ed Reed to just win, he told him to dominate and we ain't doing it (up until this point).

Last edited:
Delany matches up well against Thompson. Size vs Size. We should have let Delany play bump coverage vs BCC allowing him to prevent the WR from getting off the line and letting the DL to get to the QB.

I agree with this for the most part. I don't know if Diaz just doesn't trust him in bump and run or he just called a bad game by having the db's in soft coverages. But we are about to find out this game.

The one time I remember Diaz allowing him to bump the receiver at the line Delany ended up falling to the turf and the receiver would have had an easy TD if the Qb didn't overthrow him. For that reason I would give him help over the top bc I'm not sure about his press man technique.

Last edited:
I'm not shook about Toledo in the least.And this" QB can't complete a pass lying on his back" is all well and fine but your rarely going to get to him with 3 step drops.

Unless the BC was an aberration Delaney will need help to shut Thompson down.

Had nothing to do with being scared of Toledo and everything to do with Delaney matching up with Thompson without help.

I know we want to think Toledo doesn't have any players that can walk and chew gum but they actually do have a couple of decent players,Thompson being one of them.

If Delaney handles him I'll be the first one in here giving him his props..I just don't think he can without help...jmo.

Advertisement
Back