Dee Delany vs Cody Thompson

Advertisement
I can't wait til our D looks good & we hang 50 on Toledo so you fruitcakes shutup already. Annoying already.

Advertisement
Young should get matched on him all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson is 6'2" 205
Delaney is 6'1' 195

Young is 5'9 181 not taking away from Malek's playmaking ability, but he's be giving up 5" and 23 lbs.

So? You put your best corner on their best receiver. It's not all about height and weight.

Actually the patriots do the opposite. They use their number two on the best WR (with help) and let their best cb to lock out their number two. So there's many ways to do it. It's also why the Pat's paid up for Gilmore, he's a big cb who can help take out the bigger WRs while Butler locks down teams number two guy.

Young should get matched on him all day.

Thompson is 6'2" 205
Delaney is 6'1' 195

Young is 5'9 181 not taking away from Malek's playmaking ability, but he's be giving up 5" and 23 lbs.

So? You put your best corner on their best receiver. It's not all about height and weight.

I never said it was all about height and weight. It's a factor to consider. Malek is an INT machine. I don't know who our best corner is. May be situational? I'll leave that to coaches.

Either one of them or Jackson or anyone should be able to shut down a Toledo WR with ease.

I Personally would like to see Delaney take away Whoever his Name is and Malek to get on field and get us those turnovers he's so good at.

Last edited:
I want to see what Dean can do. I think Bandy will play a lot as well, I also think our best corners right now are Jackson and Young.

Advertisement
Delany matches up well against Thompson. Size vs Size. We should have let Delany play bump coverage vs BCC allowing him to prevent the WR from getting off the line and letting the DL to get to the QB.

I don't think Diaz worried too much about the game, with the talent difference between the two teams. That effort looked completely different than last year, with the same front seven that has another year of experience. It looked more like a combination of blitzing, but keeping the DB's in a soft zone, and BCC just threw to the hot receiver. I think Diaz will call a more aggressive game this time, playing more bump and run. I also think there was probably an unexpected benefit that the defense did not look good against BCC, after all the headlines in the off-season, so they should come in angry from that performance.

On offense, I know they'll run Walton/Homer, but I also think Rosier will have a big game on the ground, with planned runs and when he scrambles.

Advertisement
People are giving Toledo way too much credit.

It's unbelievable that Toledo has people shook. It's ***** Toledo!!!

Golden castrated a lot of these fans.

No.What has people shook is giving up 350 yds to Bethune Cookman and then watching FAU shut them out and hold them to 117 yds.

This is the legitimate concern. And more because Diaz didn't adjust accordingly. He kept doing the same thing the entire game and it wasn't working. Failing to adjust to what your opponent is doing is inexcusable.

Last edited:
I'd have young on him IMO. Based on first game, not sure why Delaney or Jackson are starting over Young.

Maybe they have played better than him in practice. What has young done to show he is a lockdown cb? He still has to prove himself too.

Advertisement
Didn't take the Facquits on here long to turn on Delaney. Everyone was ecstatic when he transferred here. Now, after one game where the entire defense sucked **** through a straw, Delaney is garbage and the target of everyone's wrath. Typical.

Some of you kill me with all your false bravado. Look, even Diaz said the defense basically looked like crap vs BCC, so the reality is the sample size for this year is so-so. Throw the layoff and the fact that they have show to be able to throw the ball and it gives you an uneasy feeling...at least it does me. Show me don't tell me.

Didn't take the Facquits on here long to turn on Delaney. Everyone was ecstatic when he transferred here. Now, after one game where the entire defense sucked **** through a straw, Delaney is garbage and the target of everyone's wrath. Typical.

I dont think he is garbage at all, I just think Young, who does nothing but consistently pick off passes, should be one of the starting CB's. But I understand that there is a log jam there with a few guys that have good ability.

Hope Diaz trust his front 4 to dominate the trenches w/out blitzing 80% of the time. You beat LBs up when you blitz them too much. Our LBs can play smarter and more aggressive when you allow them to trust what they see and go (not just go and run themselves out the play). As far as Delany vs Cody; it wasn't all on him, DC didn't allow him to play an aggressive game which suits his style best. With that said; f*#k Toledo and Irma, we bout to kick some *** saturday...IT'S A CANES THANG\

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back