Dee Delany vs Cody Thompson

Diaz is the guy that scares me, not just this game, but for the rest of the season. We can't have the "Texas Longhorn" Manny Diaz or the "Madden Playing" Diaz, that's blitzes 75% of the game. The way he coached the BCC game was ridiculous; he's trying to do waaaay too much. The dude needs to show more discipline as a coach.

He could learn a lot by watching how Randy Shannon runs his defense, at Florida.

He's been accused of being too "gimmicky" by an anonymous ACC coach.

That Bethune game was unacceptable. He better bring it on Saturday.

I'm not entirely sure what he was doing, but it's very telling to me that he seemingly didn't even bother to make adjustments at the half, which was arguably his biggest strength last year. Played way off coverage all game, stayed in base formation.. just didn't really make much sense. Not saying I fully agree with it, but that indicates to me they were treating it as some kind of scrimmage, although I couldn't say what exactly the purpose was.

I highly doubt Diaz would pull something like that in this game, but obviously if he does then we would have serious cause to be concerned.

Advertisement
Young should get matched on him all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson is 6'2" 205
Delaney is 6'1' 195

Young is 5'9 181 not taking away from Malek's playmaking ability, but he's be giving up 5" and 23 lbs.

Ehhh...Size is kind of overrated in football, size does matter a little. Chris Harris Jr (I'm not ignoring the fact that he has one of the best front 7's in the NFL) But he locked Dez Bryant up, Dez is 6'2" 222LBS Chris Harris Jr is 5'9" 193, so he's giving up almost 30Lbs and 5 inches in height.

People are giving Toledo way too much credit.

It's unbelievable that Toledo has people shook. It's ***** Toledo!!!

Golden castrated a lot of these fans.

Nobody is shook over Toledo. I never said anything about us losing this game or it being close. This is only about defensive strategy. I don't want to see Miami defense give up many yard or points to any opponent. I want domination period.

Joaquin didn't tell the great Ed Reed to just win, he told him to dominate and we ain't doing it (up until this point).

Did we play more then 1 game and I was too busy recovering from Irma? Dude calm down.

That said, we will see all we need to re Delaney because if he cant lock this kid down then I need to see all these NFL mock draft reports that had him being slated to be picked in the 4th round. Or was that just CIS BS? If he cant lock this kid down how the **** do we expect him to lock down FSU caliber WRs.

Diaz is the guy that scares me, not just this game, but for the rest of the season. We can't have the "Texas Longhorn" Manny Diaz or the "Madden Playing" Diaz, that's blitzes 75% of the game. The way he coached the BCC game was ridiculous; he's trying to do waaaay too much. The dude needs to show more discipline as a coach.

He could learn a lot by watching how Randy Shannon runs his defense, at Florida.

that's good because while at Miami he made guys like qb Craig Krenzel look like Johnny Manziel, and oc Patrick Nix look like Chad Morris.

Thompson is 6'2" 205
Delaney is 6'1' 195

Young is 5'9 181 not taking away from Malek's playmaking ability, but he's be giving up 5" and 23 lbs.

So? You put your best corner on their best receiver. It's not all about height and weight.

Actually the patriots do the opposite. They use their number two on the best WR (with help) and let their best cb to lock out their number two. So there's many ways to do it. It's also why the Pat's paid up for Gilmore, he's a big cb who can help take out the bigger WRs while Butler locks down teams number two guy.

We aren't the patriots

Advertisement

that's good because while at Miami he made guys like qb Craig Krenzel look like Johnny Manziel, and oc Patrick Nix look like Chad Morris.

That was 10-15 years ago, and even then he was a good DC. Have you seen that Florida defense in recent years? They are physical, fast, aggressive and disciplined. Gotta keep it real. He's not calling million blitzes and all kinds of nonsense, without any rhyme of reason--which is what Diaz does, and it's what got him fired at Texas. The game he called against BCC was the exactly the way he called games at Texas, but that's not going to work here. If he calls games the way he did against BCC it's going to get us beat multiple times this season.

And look, I am no Shannon fan, but he is a great DC. He was really good at Miami, but he has taken the next step at UF.

Last edited:
People are giving Toledo way too much credit.

It's unbelievable that Toledo has people shook. It's ***** Toledo!!!

Golden castrated a lot of these fans.

Nobody is shook over Toledo. I never said anything about us losing this game or it being close. This is only about defensive strategy. I don't want to see Miami defense give up many yard or points to any opponent. I want domination period.

Joaquin didn't tell the great Ed Reed to just win, he told him to dominate and we ain't doing it (up until this point).

Did we play more then 1 game and I was too busy recovering from Irma? Dude calm down.

That said, we will see all we need to re Delaney because if he cant lock this kid down then I need to see all these NFL mock draft reports that had him being slated to be picked in the 4th round. Or was that just CIS BS? If he cant lock this kid down how the **** do we expect him to lock down FSU caliber WRs.

Delaney will show what he has this weekend. This Thompson kid is a **** good WR and on par with anyone FSU this year. ****, Kareem Hunt is a Toledo kid, and I'd argue he was on par with any RB in the country at any school last year. Sometimes kids fall through the cracks of recruiting and are great players.

Not saying Thompson is a pro because I am certainly not a scout nor pretend to be, but for the college game, he can run, jump, has good size and **** good hands.

Some of you kill me with all your false bravado. Look, even Diaz said the defense basically looked like crap vs BCC, so the reality is the sample size for this year is so-so. Throw the layoff and the fact that they have show to be able to throw the ball and it gives you an uneasy feeling...at least it does me. Show me don't tell me.

True canes aint scared of nobody...we dont make excuses, we make adjustments. Toledo is riding what they did to a 5 loss Arkansas team. News flash, we're not freakin Arkansas, " We are The U". We have played 1 game and all of sudden you're concerned, doubtful, paranoid, worried or whatever like we forgot how to ball over the offseason. Can't be a Cane with doubt. This grown man business here.

Like I said, false bravado, either that or you're not paying attention. All I know is we didn't "ball" vs an FCS team and have hardly practiced since then. Point is a struggle wouldn't surprise me at all nor would a blow-out, we just don't which team is taking the field Saturday.

So if a blowout wouldn't surprise you why are you getting after guys who think we will blow them out?

Maybe they have played better than him in practice. What has young done to show he is a lockdown cb? He still has to prove himself too.

What have any of our CB's done to show they're lockdown corners? Young is a turnover forcing machine - that much is proven.

In practice. Young hasnt proven anything in actual games.

Huh?

He hasnt proven shît in games. What dont you understand?

you really gonna double down on that, how about every game he's played in

Advertisement
I myself would like to see our corners on the line of scrimmage jamming the the other teams wide receiver, instead of opening up his hips and getting turned around

My take following the BCC game is that the DB's need to stay tight on receivers and run with them and not retreat and wait to react when a receiver comes in the area or the ball is thrown

What have any of our CB's done to show they're lockdown corners? Young is a turnover forcing machine - that much is proven.

In practice. Young hasnt proven anything in actual games.

Huh?

He hasnt proven shît in games. What dont you understand?

you really gonna double down on that, how about every game he's played in

He hasn't done shît. Its all hype. Post the game where young was locking up wrs.

Advertisement

Thompson is 6'2" 205
Delaney is 6'1' 195

Ehhh...Size is kind of overrated in football, size does matter a little. Chris Harris Jr (I'm not ignoring the fact that he has one of the best front 7's in the NFL) But he locked Dez Bryant up, Dez is 6'2" 222LBS Chris Harris Jr is 5'9" 193, so he's giving up almost 30Lbs and 5 inches in height.

Ladies and gentlemen this is what we call an antidote. You're kidding yourself if you don't think size in football matters. And please don't bring up another antidote.

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION], I'm willing to give Delaney some time to prove himself. I'm not calling for him to be benched. But let's not pretend there will never be potential for mismatches with any player on our roster.

We give Delaney recognition for being an FCS all-American but don't recognize that he may have trouble covering someone who is statistically one of the better receivers at the FBS level.

Last edited:
Dude was a stud against Elon, Nevada, and Tulsa.... They should put him on the Heisman watch list ASAP!

No but let's definitely crown Delaney after facing similar or worse competition last year.

This board gave Delaney one game before they turned on him. So the idea of him being crowned is laughable.

This is a Canes board, though, so forgive the few of us for rallying behind a Cane when we should be eating that Rocket **** and trembling in the corner.

Advertisement
What kind of ****ed me off was how people dismissed the loss of four starters in the secondary (all on NFL rosters) because of Delaney, Dean, Carter, Bandy - none of whom had played a game at this level prior to Bethune.

You also had Jaquan and Redwine playing new positions.

There were going to be growing pains, but I don't think anyone expected to see Delaney getting beat by FCS receivers.

Amazing.

This cumbucket is now pimping a gaturd so he can talk shīt about Diaz. Stop inhaling gaturd caulk and try using your puny brain.

Last edited:
What kind of ****ed me off was how people dismissed the loss of four starters in the secondary (all on NFL rosters) because of Delaney, Dean, Carter, Bandy - none of whom had played a game at this level prior to Bethune.

You also had Jaquan and Redwine playing new positions.

There were going to be growing pains, but I don't think anyone expected to see Delaney getting beat by FCS receivers.

Jaquan played safety last year. He was the backup to jenkins and carter.

Advertisement
Back