Dead horse

Advertisement
I’m not sure if you remember but I ripped Rhett for how he was coaching King. He was trying to make him a Rpo guy when he struggled with it. He was also forcing him to run zone read when he had no clue how to. He’d never ran that before. My exact words was “ if you won’t adjust your offense to fit his skill set just bench him. I say the same with TVD. Play to his strengths or just go to Garcia.

@IndayArtHauz laughed at me when I suggested this before A&M. I said do we go to Garcia if TVD struggles now all the sudden the whole board agrees with what I already saw before this game.

I think they should both get 1 half against MTSu and then they got with their man after the bye week and that’s it. Make this a two week battle to see who gets the rest of the schedule.

“Turning on “ is so over dramatic lol. He’s the most beloved coach we’ve had in forever. Nobody is saying fire him lol.
Lol exactly. No one is turning on Mario.

People are legitimately questioning the offense, which was always the biggest fear with the hire, based on what we are actually seeing on the field.

I don't know how his tenure will ultimately turn out. I do know 3 games given who we were last year is not a big enough sample size....but there are absolute some dudes here getting the pitch forks ready.
Maybe trolls. Ive read concerns about offense which we’ve all had since they arrived. The evidence on that grows by the week. But firing anybody this early is a troll or a ******. Either way I wouldn’t pay that opinion any mimd.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@IndayArtHauz laughed at me when I suggested this before A&M. I said do we go to Garcia if TVD struggles now all the sudden the whole board agrees with what I already saw before this game.

I think they should both get 1 half against MTSu and then they got with their man after the bye week and that’s it. Make this a two week battle to see who gets the rest of the schedule.
I’d just prefer adding more space and pace wrinkles . Meet TVD in the middle. That’s what great coaches do.

Advertisement
You sure about that?
Yeah. I'd love to hear the argument that TAMU is a good team. Was it their offensive production? Was it their defense that allowed like 400 yards? Their special teams was better, I'll give them that.

Oh, you mean their world-beating performances against Sam Houston and App St. I am sure. That are a a great team.

Only thing is normally I say “****, were the worse team” last night I got to say “were the better team but we’re beating ourselves”. Hopefully Mario keeps recruitment smarter players & harder workers.

I for one feel TVD is uncomfortable in this offense and he is NOT ready to leave early as projected.
Time will tell.... These kids NEED to stop thinking of leaving early for the riches and instead NEED to get their **** together HERE first...ex: bama, clemson

Advertisement
I’d just prefer adding more space and pace wrinkles . Meet TVD in the middle. That’s what great coaches do.

The changes were are seeing with the OL in less than a year are amazing to me. Same players but they are playing night and day from what they have been for years. If we can keep building that and somehow evolve to be more dynamic in the passing game we could really have something....hope it happens.

People wanting to burn it all down game three in a new coaching era need to be ridiculed and shamed ferociously. I thought it was a meme or a joke but apparently we really did have fans among us that thought we were a 13-0 team destined to make the CFP. That's more cringe than them A&M videos.

Advertisement
People wanting to burn it all down game three in a new coaching era need to be ridiculed and shamed ferociously. I thought it was a meme or a joke but apparently we really did have fans among us that thought we were a 13-0 team destined to make the CFP. That's more cringe than them A&M videos.
Here we go. Expecting to win a game that is very winnable now means fans expected to undefeated.

I’m going to settle the debate in this thread after watching many games this weekend: that A&M team we played last night was dog****. It’s why the game thread was Texas 8-4.

Be done with it. We stepped on our own ****s. Need to figure it out. But they are not good.
No we were clowning them as Texas 8&4 because they are such a superior team.

The mental gymnastics of our fanbase never ceases to amaze me

it’s pretty simple.

We lost to a very bad team. We couldn’t muster a TD.

The issues that have plagued us for years are still there.

I’m not sure how people are encouraged by our performance. It makes zero sense going forward.

-play calling was abysmal
-TVD struggled
- WRs are once again the worst position group
- special teams continue to be not special.

You cannot expect to win if you lose 2/3 phases of the game.

Offensive coaches and special teams coaches need to get their **** together. Maybe we should have hired a dedicated STC.
You right on all accounts, but missed that LB'ers too slow and cand get off blocks. The UCLA kid is slower than them all. Should not be starting.

Advertisement
Back