Dead horse

Advertisement
Yeah. I'd love to hear the argument that TAMU is a good team. Was it their offensive production? Was it their defense that allowed like 400 yards? Their special teams was better, I'll give them that.

Oh, you mean their world-beating performances against Sam Houston and App St. I am sure. That are a a great team.
Beating your chest over speculation is pointless. Bump the thread if they end up not being good. If they are, thankfully I won’t remember lol

Exactly. We still have the same roster that went 7-5 last year. Yall are being delusional to think a staff can turn a ford focus into a GT-500 in 9 months when the engine of the offense is gone..
Agree. This is a multi-year project. Mario has to recruit like a beast, get his guys in there. Weed out the players who don't perform. The way things look, I am not convinced UM takes Coastal. Not even sure UM beats FSU.

If TVD performs the rest of the season like he did last night, he is not going to NFL in the next draft. So next year, who will be the man?

Advertisement
Even against S Miss we were standing around getting the play in, standing around when we lined up and then would have to hurry to get the ball snapped. It was like Chinese water torture . That happened quite a few times.
Yes, I hate that waiting around to get the play. The loudness at aTm was a factor in the waiting to get the play straight. When they wind the clock down to around 5 seconds before the offense is in position, it leaves little time for the QB to scan the defense and the defense can time its rush to the snap with less concern for off-sides.

Agree. This is a multi-year project. Mario has to recruit like a beast, get his guys in there. Weed out the players who don't perform. The way things look, I am not convinced UM takes Coastal. Not even sure UM beats FSU.

If TVD performs the rest of the season like he did last night, he is not going to NFL in the next draft. So next year, who will be the man?
This loss will cripple recruiting to a degree.

@IndayArtHauz laughed at me when I suggested this before A&M. I said do we go to Garcia if TVD struggles now all the sudden the whole board agrees with what I already saw before this game.

I think they should both get 1 half against MTSu and then they got with their man after the bye week and that’s it. Make this a two week battle to see who gets the rest of the schedule.
Didn’t laugh at you, I said at the time there was no way you justify the move.

Go find another horse to ride, hombre.

Advertisement
Only thing is normally I say “****, were the worse team” last night I got to say “were the better team but we’re beating ourselves”. Hopefully Mario keeps recruitment smarter players & harder workers.
Absolutely. Most of us agree, we need to croot at a high level and stack talent across the field.

It's trite and completely predictable at this point. I mean the memes write themselves... Tell me if you've heard this one before cause we could have filled out a miami big game bingo card: opposing QBs first start, other team completely depleted, dropped passes, muffed punts, missed kicks, untimely penalties, all the hype in the world going in and during the offseason, chance for a statement win against a very beatable opponent right when national media is watching, Herbstreet trying his best to make us sound, and we let the opportunity slip through our fingers much like our WRs and punt fielders.

It looks like the offense Mario wants is the pre 2017 version of Alabama; Mario left Alabama after the 2016 season. Saban realized that he needed to modernize his offense to keep up and they made the transition from their previous ground and pound offense with game manager QBs to what we saw with Tua through now. That transition took a few years and Hurts was the bridge QB for that.

They still run the ball and are a power team but they have an explosive passing game that gets their guys in space and spreads the field.

Mario is using the Alabama blueprint from when he was there but the problem is that Sabans offensive philosophy has evolved dramatically since then. We are using the 1.0 blueprint and Alabama is on v2 right now. Mario needs to come to the same realization that Saban did about modernizing his philosophy of offense or it’s going to be a struggle. This kind of scheme requires absolute monsters across the board to be consistently successful, and even though Alabama did have monsters Saban still threw that scheme into the dust bin because it’s outdated.
He should be taking the Ohio State model. They run the ball well and have excellent passing schemes.

Advertisement
Calm Down Chill Out GIF by Justin

I still can't fathom Mario settling for an FG, down 2 scores late in 3rd qtr... and then again midway in the 4th.....
It was passive calls offensively all game... and then the QB keeper towards the end of the game 🤷‍♂️

Even everyone’s favorite OC Lashlee took half a season to get going last year
But he didn’t get going until the QB changed because TVD ran his offense better than King.

Also, King was playing injured.

Advertisement
I’d just prefer adding more space and pace wrinkles . Meet TVD in the middle. That’s what great coaches do.
1000%. Good coaches adjust their scheme to match their talent. TVD has not played well but Gattis needs to help him out.

Meaning U don’t wanna hear facts.. got it.. it is what it is.. TVD was bad however there was about 8-10 drops that could’ve help the offense
Our Red Zone playcalling was unmitigated Trash....Lol at facts...Gattis is just another Enos period....watch and see.

Advertisement
Back