Dead horse

If they hit 8 wins it’ll be a good season. They’ve looked awful all three of their games.
We’ll see. They’ve also had a lot of starters out. I’m not crowning them.. just not writing them off yet.

Advertisement
Didn’t laugh at you, I said at the time there was no way you justify the move.

Go find another horse to ride, hombre.

Paramount Network Horse GIF by Yellowstone

If there’s not changes / tweaks to the offense there’ll be nothing to enjoy about this season.
this. people expect this to continue? the d will break if we dont find a wy to help them out. basically, we've looked like *** passing the ball this entire season so far. it doesn't matter the opponent anymore. southern miss doesn't have ATM talent and they still stopped our air attack. its time to realize the **** were doing isnt working and will not work w this roster.

The receivers and TVD will be the ones to be thrown under the bus and taking all the blame to excuse the coaches. You know how this goes.
I say this - if this was Manny Diazs staff, people would be *****ing. they like Mario bc hes a good guy, a better coach and CEO. but hes not above criticism. he failed in his OC hiring. it happens. he also failed in his decision making last night and clock management. he succeeded in the OL development and his DC hire

We’ve used the Flea flicker twice in two weeks, so there’s that!!
lol I got into an argument w a dude saying that it was the only trick we have. they're like nah its a normal play. lol its a normal play for other OCs. for gattis, its the trick play.

Advertisement
I agree pace needs to be picked up. I’m thinking it wasn’t last night cause we wanted to control clock and stay in the game which we did but I want to see more rhythm and pace moving forward
we weren't even in the game though. we fell behind 17-3 in the second half and that was that. all that ball control and rushing yards didnt get us anywhere. we couldn't run on them in the red zone and needed a passing game there. either way, it is what it is. we lost. there will be about 8 people at the MTSU game. we better get this **** fixed before UNC.

I'm trying to tell these fools that, everyone losing their minds this morning because we aren't going 12-0 this year, y'all need to just go sit in the corner and relax and watch them improve each week coaching including as they get more used to these players. Relax on the expectations
bro no one is saying we should be 12-0. we expect to score a ******* touchdown though. we've been absolute subpar offensively aside from the run game for 3 weeks. the scheme has regressed TVD to basically human puddy. stop acting like were *****ing bc were not gonna be unbeaten. if you think the passing game we've seen in 3 games is acceptable, then I hope you didn't tbitch bout richt or Manny at all.

I'm trying to tell these fools that, everyone losing their minds this morning because we aren't going 12-0 this year, y'all need to just go sit in the corner and relax and watch them improve each week coaching including as they get more used to these players. Relax on the expectations
we finished with a top 25-30 offense last year w a freshman QB putting together a passing streak only matched by two former first overall picks at QB. now, that QB has looked like a shell of himself and we can't break close to 300 through the air.

Advertisement
Switch up???...How so??...he was an undergrad for 3yrs under Butch. Butch's assistant coaches would wipe their *** with these. To compare Butch's circumstances starting in 95 compared to these is moronic. Mario gets paid twice as much as any coach in UM History. He needs to make changes. And Btw...Mario was NOT my 1st choice as a HC.....

Yeah Bill Miller was such a great DC. His defense giving up 66 points to Syracuse was all part of 4D chess grand plan I’m sure.

Coker was below average OC who lucked in Dorsey and then lucked Schiano leaving for Rutgers before Butch left to Cleveland.

Personal attacks
Yeah Bill Miller was such a great DC. His defense giving up 66 points to Syracuse was all part of 4D chess grand plan I’m sure.

Coker was below average OC who lucked in Dorsey and then lucked Schiano leaving for Rutgers before Butch left to Cleveland.
Butch fired Bill Miller who was a close friend....Nobody was talking to you FromDeeeep in a Man's ***.....

Last edited:
Switch up???...How so??...he was an undergrad for 3yrs under Butch. Butch's assistant coaches would wipe their *** with these. To compare Butch's circumstances starting in 95 compared to these is moronic. Mario gets paid twice as much as any coach in UM History. He needs to make changes. And Btw...Mario was NOT my 1st choice as a HC.....
Who was your 1st choice?

Agree. This is a multi-year project. <b>Mario has to recruit like a beast, get his guys in there. </b> Weed out the players who don't perform. The way things look, I am not convinced UM takes Coastal. Not even sure UM beats FSU.

If TVD performs the rest of the season like he did last night, he is not going to NFL in the next draft. So next year, who will be the man?

****, only 3 games in and the excuse of "he needs to get his guys in there" has already been pulled out. Folks said the same thing about Manny, about Richt, about Golden, about Shannon. Having more playmakers than the next guy is definitely a bonus and makes things easier, but If a coach needs a team full of "their guys" to be successful then they aren't worth much as a coach. Why is it that Kevin Steele has been able to improve defensive play (even amongst Flagg and Ivey), but Gattis needs a room full of 5*s to make an impact?

Advertisement
Totally agree. Im upset but more hopeful than I’ve been in a long time. It’s just going to take some time.
This is pretty much were I'm at right now. I read all of Liberty's posts regarding this issue and what we saw vs ATM is exactly what he was concerned about. I had similar concerns also but I didn't ever envision us having the type of problems that we obviously have in the passing game. I had grave concerns coming into this game about the offense and more specifically about TVD in this offense. Lashlee had a very simple system and TVD had been in it for well over a year before King went down and still Lashlee had to simplify it further for TVD because it allowed him to just play without thinking too much.

This is basically the crux of the problem with TVD so far this year. The offense that Gattis runs is much more complex than Lashlee's and it requires much more thinking and processing. Consequently TVD is really struggling to digest the offense and he has not gotten to the point where he's totally comfortable and can just go play. This is wreaking havoc with his timing. The situation is compounded by the fact that he is missing Rambo, his #1 from last year then his safety net and #1 this year X is out for several weeks. Add to that the fact that the WR corps is by far the worst unit on the team and that they are all also struggling to digest the offense. None of our WR can separate consistently and none have the speed required to execute the things Gattis needs them to do to run his offense.

So, where does this leave us in terms of what can be done to remedy the situation as much as possible going forward? First off Gattis needs to be more proactive with regards to giving TVD and these receivers more plays and route combinations that are simpler and easier to execute. Angle routes and plays designed to target the flats and other things out of the backfield plus some easy pitch and catch type plays designed to get TVD in a rhythm and build his confidence. We saw some of this early on vs Bethune to Ladson and to Redding. Get the TEs and RBs more involved in the passing game! Arroyo has been criminally underutilized thus far and Skinner can play so play him! Mallory too but don't wait so long to get these TEs involved. They are weapons. USE THEM!!!!!!!!! Henry Parrish and Jaylin Knighton are weapons in the passing game. USE THEM!!!!!!!!! We also have a **** good QB sitting on the bench in Jake Garcia. If TVDs problem persist don't be afraid to make a switch. It doesn't have to be permanent. It could be for a series or two. The point is use the talent you have. I'm sure Gattis has a package for Jacurri Brown. Let's use it a few times a game if it's called for. Again my point is to be proactive in the coaching/scheming aspect and to not be afraid to try other things.

I say this - if this was Manny Diazs staff, people would be *****ing. they like Mario bc hes a good guy, a better coach and CEO. but hes not above criticism. he failed in his OC hiring. it happens. he also failed in his decision making last night and clock management. he succeeded in the OL development and his DC hire
It’s the same issue we have with every new staff.

Most posters on here, whether they will admit or not, develop these weird crushes on the new staff and believe they are “the one” before actually proving that.

That doesn’t mean we want to fire Mario or don’t like him. But he’s not untouchable because he’s an ex-player with feel-good story. He will be judged like every other coach before him

Advertisement
****, only 3 games in and the excuse of "he needs to get his guys in there" has already been pulled out. Folks said the same thing about Manny, about Richt, about Golden, about Shannon. Having more playmakers than the next guy is definitely a bonus and makes things easier, but If a coach needs a team full of "their guys" to be successful then they aren't worth much as a coach. Why is it that Kevin Steele has been able to improve defensive play (even amongst Flagg and Ivey), but Gattis needs a room full of 5*s to make an impact?
Nobody can answer this question with a straight face. Steele made Ivey look competent but we can’t expect the offensive staff with the Broyles winner to score a TD without 5 stars all over.

its gonna take a couple recruiting classes to get some dept and finally get rid of manny's guys.

it’s pretty simple.

We lost to a very bad team. We couldn’t muster a TD.

The issues that have plagued us for years are still there.

I’m not sure how people are encouraged by our performance. It makes zero sense going forward.

-play calling was abysmal
-TVD struggled
- WRs are once again the worst position group
- special teams continue to be not special.

You cannot expect to win if you lose 2/3 phases of the game.

Offensive coaches and special teams coaches need to get their **** together. Maybe we should have hired a dedicated STC.
Troof

Advertisement
Back