Dead horse

Coulda, shoulda, woulda......

It's easy to complain when viewing the game from an easy chair in your living room or on a bar stool in a bar filled with other no-nothing drunkards. It's even easier to complain about bad football.

Yes, the wide receivers dropped quite a few and made no attempt to catch the ones that required a bit more effort. TVD is, truly, not in synch with the wr corps. Maybe, just maybe, he'll get back into the groove if they at least catch the balls that hit them in their hands.

One thing is certain: NO amount of *****ing on this board and calling them out is going to motivate any of them. But that's what happens during every game whether we win or lose. As the King would say in the King and I......"tis a puzzlement".

Advertisement
I get the concerns. Most are legitimate concerns. I’m just not sure what people were expecting to see? Especially this early in the season.

Give it a season and let’s see. Most of us set our sights on the ACC games and that slate of games hasn’t started.

Gattis, TVD, and the WRs need to get their head out of their asses. Let’s see if they do it.

Advertisement
Isn't this your boy Mario Cristobal who learned under the great Butch Davis? Funny how tunes switch up so quickly
Switch up???...How so??...he was an undergrad for 3yrs under Butch. Butch's assistant coaches would wipe their *** with these. To compare Butch's circumstances starting in 95 compared to these is moronic. Mario gets paid twice as much as any coach in UM History. He needs to make changes. And Btw...Mario was NOT my 1st choice as a HC.....

I get the concerns. Most are legitimate concerns. I’m just not sure what people were expecting to see? Especially this early in the season.

Give it a season and let’s see. Most of us set our sights on the ACC games and that slate of games hasn’t started.

Gattis, TVD, and the WRs need to get their head out of their asses. Let’s see if they do it.
A passing game.

Advertisement
When rival fans **** on the OC and say they’re glad he’s gone its a red flag. A few educated Michigan fans told me it wasn’t Gattis last year it was some assistant they brought in to help him. I forget his name. They were thrilled he left. Oregon fans have been ripping Mario since he got there about his caveman offenses. Liberty warned us about this marriage and it’s fair to be concerned.

Wait now you are not a Mario guy??
Because you pushing hard for him.

Maybe we expected to see at least 1 touchdown against a defense with a completely depleted secondary that even App St was able to score touchdowns on

it’s pretty simple.

We lost to a very bad team. We couldn’t muster a TD.

The issues that have plagued us for years are still there.

I’m not sure how people are encouraged by our performance. It makes zero sense going forward.

-play calling was abysmal
-TVD struggled
- WRs are once again the worst position group
- special teams continue to be not special.

You cannot expect to win if you lose 2/3 phases of the game.

Offensive coaches and special teams coaches need to get their **** together. Maybe we should have hired a dedicated STC.

If jacoby cuts in he scores, if Parrish catches the ball he scores, if smith catches the ball Miami still has a chance, if Zion doesn’t run down field on first and goal and get a penalty we don’t get behind the sticks, if TVD hits open WR instead of throwing into double coverage it would help, if TS doesn’t muff a punt A&M probably doesn’t score more than 10, if Andy doesn’t miss and get a FG blocked Miami has even more points……

But yeah the play calling sucked haha. This game is 90% on the players. Gattis had some redzone issues that’s the 10% on the staff.

We got some delusional fans who can simply say the players failed last night. Coaches put them in a a position to win and they couldn’t execute .

Advertisement
If jacoby cuts in he scores, if Parrish catches the ball he scores, if smith catches the ball Miami still has a chance, if Zion doesn’t run down field on first and goal and get a penalty we don’t get behind the sticks, if TVD hits open WR instead of throwing into double coverage it would help, if TS doesn’t muff a punt A&M probably doesn’t score more than 10, if Andy doesn’t miss and get a FG blocked Miami has even more points……

But yeah the play calling sucked haha. This game is 90% on the players. Gattis had some redzone issues that’s the 10% on the staff.

We got some delusional fans who can simply say the players failed last night. Coaches put them in a a position to win and they couldn’t execute .
I mean we can play the "what-if" game with all of our failed coaches and coordinators.

We have heard this "execution" excuse going all the way back to Mark Donofrio and it always proves to be a coaching issue. This year is different I am sure though!

I’m a Mario guy but I didn’t know he was above reproach ? He has a reputation with his offenses and qb’s. I think that’s more than a narrative now. I mean rival coaches are telling wrs this to negative recruit Miami.
We have a problem with our fans holding every new head coach up to be untouchable, even when the product on the field is suspect.

Advertisement
Y’all boys turning on the staff after 3 games hahaha wtf world were y’all living in to think this was going to be some undefeated season?

This was ALWAYS a 8 or 9 win team. Nothing has changed because of last night.
It’s not turning on , it’s a fair criticism. It was discussed before he got the job and after. His offenses and philosophy leaves a lot to be desired. Liberty talked about it a bunch.

I mean we can play the "what-if" game with all of our failed coaches and coordinators.

We have heard this "execution" excuse going all the way back to Mark Donofrio and it always proves to be a coaching issue. This year is different I am sure though!
Nobody on this board thought we were winning that game the minute it went 17-3. They can talk If’s and buts to the cows come home. We all knew. Its just mental *********ion. We did what we’ve been doing for 15 years , find a way to lose versus find a way to win. It’ll take time to change that mind state of the players and the fans.

Switch up???...How so??...he was an undergrad for 3yrs under Butch. Butch's assistant coaches would wipe their *** with these. To compare Butch's circumstances starting in 95 compared to these is moronic. Mario gets paid twice as much as any coach in UM History. He needs to make changes. And Btw...Mario was NOT my 1st choice as a HC.....
Lane Kiffin wins that game last night.

Advertisement
Back