Dead horse

Advertisement
It’s not turning on , it’s a fair criticism. It was discussed before he got the job and after. His offenses and philosophy leaves a lot to be desired. Liberty talked about it a bunch.
The red zone play calling was atrocious and they need to adapt some spread concepts. That said, most of the problems I saw were due to talent level and failure to execute by the players. This isn’t Manny talking failure to execute. These guys are more competent but they need better players and the OC needs to make more adjustments given the players we have.

The red zone play calling was atrocious and they need to adapt some spread concepts. That said, most of the problems I saw were due to talent level and failure to execute by the players. This isn’t Manny talking failure to execute. These guys are more competent but they need better players and the OC needs to make more adjustments given the players we have.
The players are the reason we called mind-numbing plays, like QB runs with a QB who doesn't run, when the game is on the line?

We need better players to expect to score ONE touchdown after marching into the red zone multiple times throughout the entire night?

This is Dorito, Rick, Enos, all over again. Same arguments, same rationale. I am positive you will prove to be correct this time.

The players are the reason we called mind-numbing plays, like QB runs with a QB who doesn't run, when the game is on the line?

We need better players to expect to score ONE touchdown after marching into the red zone multiple times throughout the entire night?

This is Dorito, Rick, Enos, all over again. Same arguments, same rationale. I am positive you will prove to be correct this time.
It might turn out to be but yes, the players couldn’t execute… TVD and the pass catchers. The OC called an atrocious game in the red zone. Needs to integrate more spread concepts. This isn’t 90% Gattis like you’re saying. The players sucked.

When rival fans **** on the OC and say they’re glad he’s gone its a red flag. A few educated Michigan fans told me it wasn’t Gattis last year it was some assistant they brought in to help him. I forget his name. They were thrilled he left. Oregon fans have been ripping Mario since he got there about his caveman offenses. Liberty warned us about this marriage and it’s fair to be concerned.
I read this on their message board and was hoping it was bull**** but it wasn't. I think he's a co-OC there now. I read they were going to make him co-OC with Gattis this year and that's basically why he left, not sure if it's true but it makes sense.

Advertisement
I’m frustrated and sit somewhere between upset and hopeful. But I’d say two things in response to OP regarding the “issues that have plagued us for years.”

First, I’m not shocked we would show similar overall tendencies as years past versus what we hope/expect the new staff and players to instill. Takes a minute to get a train going the opposite direction. We’re overhauling 15-20 years of vomit and pussification and it’s game 3. Makes more sense than if we’re suddenly amazing.

Second thing is there are signs, if you’re inclined to see them, that we have indeed made progress on a foundational level. Even if A&M isn’t very good (which I tend to believe, unfortunately), I’d say we pretty obviously showed toughness and fight. We’ve quit MANY times before, I know good and well what that looks like. The team fought, and they looked physically and mentally prepared for a 4 quarter brawl in a hostile environment against a physically impressive team. Our D was stout, and our lines impressed. That’s no small thing.

I read this on their message board and was hoping it was bull**** but it wasn't. I think he's a co-OC there now. I read they were going to make him co-OC with Gattis this year and that's basically why he left, not sure if it's true but it makes sense.
Going from Michigan to Miami or vice versa for the same position is strange. It’s not like going from Mississippi State to Miami or Michigan. There was definite issues with him and Harbaugh.

I’m frustrated and sit somewhere between upset and hopeful. But I’d say two things in response to OP regarding the “issues that have plagued us for years.”

First, I’m not shocked we would show similar overall tendencies as years past versus what we hope/expect the new staff and players to instill. Takes a minute to get a train going the opposite direction. We’re overhauling 15-20 years of vomit and pussification and it’s game 3. Makes more sense than if we’re suddenly amazing.

Second thing is there are signs, if you’re inclined to see them, that we have indeed made progress on a foundational level. Even if A&M isn’t very good (which I tend to believe, unfortunately), I’d say we pretty obviously showed toughness and fight. We’ve quit MANY times before, I know good and well what that looks like. The team fought, and they looked physically and mentally prepared for a 4 quarter brawl in a hostile environment against a physically impressive team. Our D was stout, and our lines impressed. That’s no small thing.
Totally agree. Im upset but more hopeful than I’ve been in a long time. It’s just going to take some time.

I’m a Mario guy but I didn’t know he was above reproach ? He has a reputation with his offenses and qb’s. I think that’s more than a narrative now. I mean rival coaches are telling wrs this to negative recruit Miami.

Tigers don’t change their stripes. But I’m hoping with all the coaching knowledge in that room and in that building and guys he can lean on that somehow they get the offense figured out. I was talking to my friend who’s a huge Michigan fan and he said red zone offense was disaster the first 3 to 4 weeks for them last year he actually sent me articles about it. But then Gattis figured it out and they started rolling. My hope is the same happens for this Miami team

Advertisement
Going from Michigan to Miami or vice versa for the same position is strange. It’s not like going from Mississippi State to Miami or Michigan. There was definite issues with him and Harbaugh.

Agreed. Will be interesting if TVD still leaves early or do him and gattis return next year or neither are here haha

It might turn out to be but yes, the players couldn’t execute… TVD and the pass catchers. The OC called an atrocious game in the red zone. Needs to integrate more spread concepts. This isn’t 90% Gattis like you’re saying. The players sucked.
I don't disagree that our players aren't good and we probably agree on a lot. Maybe not 90% Gattis but I do attribute a large portion to him.

It’s not turning on , it’s a fair criticism. It was discussed before he got the job and after. His offenses and philosophy leaves a lot to be desired. Liberty talked about it a bunch.

Don’t disagree with the criticism and I think most of the board has been fair and does see some of the improvement but some of these post are wild. Ppl were mad drunk last night slanging post up on this board. Some of the stuff is outrageous like bring Lashlee back .

Lashlee would’ve been having us go 3&out 70% of drives which would’ve gassed our defense and then get torched by Achane. Let’s see how the season plays out before bringing out the pitchforks is all I’m saying

Agreed. Will be interesting if TVD still leaves early or do him and gattis return next year or neither are here haha
I’m not sure if you remember but I ripped Rhett for how he was coaching King. He was trying to make him a Rpo guy when he struggled with it. He was also forcing him to run zone read when he had no clue how to. He’d never ran that before. My exact words was “ if you won’t adjust your offense to fit his skill set just bench him. I say the same with TVD. Play to his strengths or just go to Garcia.

Advertisement
There were but then there was also Harbaugh’s half step out the door back to the NFL before coming back.

Idc what anyone says the most disturbing thing last night was the absolute ***** way MC coached that game 🤬 . How can you talk all this Rah rah old school cane sh*t and not show ANY killer instinct. Coaches who coached scared or are that conservative never win sh*t 😤

Advertisement
How did we lose 2 of 3 phases? Offense outgained them in basically every category and moved the ball downfield at-will most of the night. Just couldn’t finish drives.

5 redzone trips, 2 field goals. And it was hardly due to good defense on their part

it’s pretty simple.

We lost to a very bad team. We couldn’t muster a TD.

The issues that have plagued us for years are still there.

I’m not sure how people are encouraged by our performance. It makes zero sense going forward.

-play calling was abysmal
-TVD struggled
- WRs are once again the worst position group
- special teams continue to be not special.

You cannot expect to win if you lose 2/3 phases of the game.

Offensive coaches and special teams coaches need to get their **** together. Maybe we should have hired a dedicated STC.
Agree with you except I wouldn't exactly consider ATM a "very bad team"

it’s pretty simple.

We lost to a very bad team. We couldn’t muster a TD.

The issues that have plagued us for years are still there.

I’m not sure how people are encouraged by our performance. It makes zero sense going forward.

-play calling was abysmal
-TVD struggled
- WRs are once again the worst position group
- special teams continue to be not special.

You cannot expect to win if you lose 2/3 phases of the game.

Offensive coaches and special teams coaches need to get their **** together. Maybe we should have hired a dedicated STC.
Excellent post! Brutally honest, which is what most fans should be, instead of trying to coddle yet another coaching staff.

Advertisement
Back