DB Justin Hodges decommits

Advertisement
Saw on 247 where stoutdbeast posted where he ran an 11.99 in the 100 meters in track this past season. That is slow for a 230 pound linebacker.

Advertisement
Good news IMO. We need better athletes at corner.

Do we? We have and have had corners who can press and sustain tight coverage. We need a slot corner to replace Bandy and we need corners with ball skills.

This guy was a 3* rated the #62 safety by 247. He's 6'4 with gumby limbs and Orlovsky the broadcaster compared him to Nnamdi Asomugha. He had 3 picks off Fromm, 2 of which were incredible catches away from his frame.

We have a CB coach who can teach and develop. We should be recruiting long skilled corners who deter contested throws, and pick them when they get the chance. Hodges fit that general archetype but I'm sure we can find better with enough digging.

Do we? We have and have had corners who can press and sustain tight coverage. We need a slot corner to replace Bandy and we need corners with ball skills.

This guy was a 3* rated the #62 safety by 247. He's 6'4 with gumby limbs and Orlovsky the broadcaster compared him to Nnamdi Asomugha. He had 3 picks off Fromm, 2 of which were incredible catches away from his frame.

We have a CB coach who can teach and develop. We should be recruiting long skilled corners who deter contested throws, and pick them when they get the chance. Hodges fit that general archetype but I'm sure we can find better with enough digging.
Ivy has shown us you cant have slow CB's. Hopefully couch and williams develop fast. Blades isnt great but he does make plays

Advertisement

I'm not sure this is a bad 1...as much as I like Hodges, there are better TEs in this class & the way we use TEs, any good 1 would be dumb to not be interested.

Now admittedly, I may be drinking the Kool-Aid but I don't think thiabdecommit hurts like Francois' does.

Wat?

Advertisement
Would expect Miami to press CB Jalen Harrell from Miami Central. Staff believes they can flip him from his FSU commitment. Could also fit in at safety

There could be so many names right now, it's ridiculous. Sometimes I get the idea that Mike Rumph has no idea what he's looking for and changes his mind by the week...

Is George still the top target Stefan?

George CB
Harrell CB/S
Hodges CB
D. Hill Cb/S
Do. Hill Cb/S
J.Mortan S
J. Royal CB/S/Stiker
L.Jenkins CB/S
Delancy CB/S
J. Pough CB
T. Reaves S/Striker
K. Dennis CB (Longshot imo)

Shouldn't be rocket science. Identify and full court press. I honestly think the Rumph and Banda era has ran its course.

Last edited:
Advertisement

That dude from South Carolina is a freak show. Huge and coordinated. Look at how his size compares with Hodges out of high school:

Israel Mukuamu- 6’5, 184, no forty, 4.34 shuttle, 33.4 VJ

Justin Hodges- 6’1, 155, 4.89 forty, 4.35 shuttle, 31.3 VJ

I’ve seen Hodges up close and he’s not big. Thin shoulders, slight body. The guy that fits your model IMO is Daran Branch.

Except when it happened just last year with Christian Williams, Jakai Clark and the NY kids late.
Flipping Clark from Illinois and ElGammal from Cinny I guess is a big recruiting flip. Christian Williams wasn't a take at the end for Bama even tho it was a big time get for us. My issue is the staff always believes they will flip or land a commit even tho it doesn't look like it

Flipping Clark from Illinois and ElGammal from Cinny I guess is a big recruiting flip. Christian Williams wasn't a take at the end for Bama even tho it was a big time get for us. My issue is the staff always believes they will flip or land a commit even tho it doesn't look like it
really? williams wasnt a take for bama? then why was saban ****ed he didnt sign early? he was a take for bama and LSU. stop trying to **** on a kid because he came here. Couch was a take for michigan and we flipped him.

Advertisement
Back