DAY 10 PRACTICE THREAD

Njoku move is forced because of Figs and Blue, and now Kirby's injury. That's 3 players on 2 deep chart coming out of spring. We can't roll around with 4-5 LB's. We had to move someone there especially if Kirby is out for any length of time.

I honestly think Gayot would have been the obvious choice and not a WR but hey thats just me.

Maybe they were looking for the best choice, not the obvious choice to a fan who hasn't seen a practice.

Advertisement
Man I hope Yearby and Duke stay healthy this year...gonna be an awesome backfield

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 2m
Freshman RB Joe Yearby showed some nice patience waiting for a play to develop and then hit the hole hard for a nice again #CanesCamp

Man I hope Yearby and Duke stay healthy this year...gonna be an awesome backfield

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 2m
Freshman RB Joe Yearby showed some nice patience waiting for a play to develop and then hit the hole hard for a nice again #CanesCamp

Gus. I think Gus is ready to do some things. He makes a nice combo with Yearby as Duke's backups. It's a really good group.

Advertisement
Njoku move is forced because of Figs and Blue, and now Kirby's injury. That's 3 players on 2 deep chart coming out of spring. We can't roll around with 4-5 LB's. We had to move someone there especially if Kirby is out for any length of time.

I honestly think Gayot would have been the obvious choice and not a WR but hey thats just me.

Gayot is the 4th scholarship safety on the depth chart. Don't create another position of need. Also don't overload the freshman with more info to process.

Hope the kid takes the move in stride and makes the best of it, LB depth is a disaster. Figs, Eddie and Blue screwed us big time

Advertisement
ugh...

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m

Kaaya running the first team in 11-on-11 drills, throws a pick to Armbrister in traffic.

Also - let me say that it was his Jr year that I saw that.. (Working the chains). Can't say if he played a lot of it Sr yr. but His school was one of the smaller schools up here.

JC

ugh...

Kaaya running the first team in 11-on-11 drills, throws a pick to Armbrister in traffic.

seems to me we ought to stop looking at every pick as if it means anything. these guys are running the same plays over and over and the defense probably knows what they are going to do. just my guess (i admit i have no idea) but this is why you see a lot of routes being jumped.

Kirby might be one of those dudes built like tank who gets hurt brushing his teeth. The guy's nicked up a lot.

Advertisement
ugh...

seems to me we ought to stop looking at every pick as if it means anything. these guys are running the same plays over and over and the defense probably knows what they are going to do. just my guess (i admit i have no idea) but this is why you see a lot of routes being jumped.

Yeah, Im sure that plays a part in it...just hurts my boy on the "grading" they are using haha ;)

We needed some depth at LB, and some added athleticism. A guy with his size and speed could be a solid contributor at LB. Remember, often guys with his height and speed at thrown into the WR spot in high school because it creates the biggest mismatch for the opposing team. It doesn't mean it's the kids best position, or only one he can excel at. There are some freakishly good athletes at WR that could easily play defence. It's not like we're taking a QB that runs a 5.2 40 and changing him to a cornerback. That would be a concern. This move doesn't bother me one bit. Like someone else said, we know he can cover a TE.

Advertisement
ugh...

INTs should play very little role when evaluating a QB.

We are not particularly deep at safety.

Here's to Njoku having a better career than Matthew Thomas.

There are in the same position on their teams' respective depth charts, and Thomas has a year on Njoku. So I'd say there's a good shot...

This kid was never going to see time this year. There is no harm in experimenting with him at LB given the depth issue.

Advertisement
Back