DAY 10 PRACTICE THREAD

Wow on Njoku. Not gonna overreact though. Just heard an interview with Vic Beasley and how they moved him all around before "settling" on OLB/DE. That turned out okay.

Advertisement
Njoku move is extremely interesting. Kid is a freak athletically. If he can pick up the playbook and isn't afraid to hit there's no reason why he couldn't excel there. Did he play D at all in HS? Bet he'd be nasty off the edge with his length, speed, and presumably awesome footwork (from bball).

I'm sure if he does well at LB he could still get the occasional red zone target as a TE/WR, but we are extremely deep at receiver anyway. Interesting move by AG & Co.

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 4m

In black today: Dallas Crawford, Thurston Armbrister, Nantambu Fentress, Trent Harris, Anthony Chickillo, Ladarius Gunter, Denzel Perryman.

Too deep at WR, especially with Sam Bruce & them boys coming. They might move Cronk to safety or LB if they need him there, if the RB group is too deep

Advertisement
lol

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos

Ufomba Kamalu and Ereck Flowers get into it a little. Right in front of Golden, who steps in to break it up.

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports

Ereck Flowers is bringing violence today. Just threw a forearm shiver at Ufomba Kamalu.

Wow on Njoku. Not gonna overreact though. Just heard an interview with Vic Beasley and how they moved him all around before "settling" on OLB/DE. That turned out okay.
Same. He's a **** of an athlete that's for sure. Just never thought about him moving to the defensive side this early.

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 2m
Njoku doing what Denzel Perryman always does when he's not in: standing in center field next to D'Onofrio asking questions.
Looks like they're working Njoku at Sam, which makes sense given his size (6-4, 225)

Njoku move is forced because of Figs and Blue, and now Kirby's injury. That's 3 players on 2 deep chart coming out of spring. We can't roll around with 4-5 LB's. We had to move someone there especially if Kirby is out for any length of time.

Advertisement
This reminds me when Butch would make all the freshmen play different positions during the first days of camp.
That's how they found D.Morgan who signed here as a FB/RB.
That was back when the freshmen would start camp a few days before the rest of the team.

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m

Heaps running first team to start, Kaaya second. You'll remember yesterday it was the reverse.

Njoku move is forced because of Figs and Blue, and now Kirby's injury. That's 3 players on 2 deep chart coming out of spring. We can't roll around with 4-5 LB's. We had to move someone there especially if Kirby is out for any length of time.

I honestly think Gayot would have been the obvious choice and not a WR but hey thats just me.

I figured they'd move someone to LB for depth, but didn't see Njoku coming. Depth is definitely needed there. I think he'll move back to the offensive side eventually, but as a TE

Njoku is gonna get to 250 lbs without an issue. Never a bad thing to have great athletes on defense that can run. Hope he has some instincts for the spot but glad they are giving it a go early and not waiting a few years into the program to try it out.

Advertisement
Back