DAY 10 PRACTICE THREAD

Here's to Njoku having a better career than Matthew Thomas.

There are in the same position on their teams' respective depth charts, and Thomas has a year on Njoku. So I'd say there's a good shot...

321.gif

Advertisement
Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 38s
Joe Yearby just twisted some ankles. Nobody hurt. But defense's pride has to be aching. Wow. Long run #UM

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 15s
Yearby bounces outside for a huge gain. Still seeing what ankle can do, but even small doses this year he could be a big factor.

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 28s
Yearby!

Advertisement
With his length and athleticism, Njoku could develop into an absolute nightmare coming off the edge. We just need to see if he was a motor and the toughness need to play that position.

Advertisement
With his length and athleticism, Njoku could develop into an absolute nightmare coming off the edge. We just need to see if he was a motor and the toughness need to play that position.

They clearly saw something in him to make the move this early in his career. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Advertisement
Here's to Njoku having a better career than Matthew Thomas.

There are in the same position on their teams' respective depth charts, and Thomas has a year on Njoku. So I'd say there's a good shot...

321.gif

And given his frame, I could see him growing into a Demarcus Ware type player, but faster.

I can see him becoming lawrence taylor but better

True, but against the run I see a Singletary type. And then, I can see him having Darrin Smith skillset in pass coverage if they don't use him to rush the passer with his Lawrence Taylor stuff.

Edit: In all seriousness, this dude will immediately be one of the most athletic linebackers in college football. Who knows if he has any idea how to play linebacker or the tougness/demeanor required, but.... you won't find many linebackers highjumping 7'0" at at legit 6'3". Dude is built like a tank, too. It's funny to goof on it, but there's a lot to work with physically.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Maybe a little like DJack?

I just love seeing big dudes with athleticism like that getting after QBs. People get too caught up in the position a guy played in HS. Njoku is already a really built dude. Surprised me how big he is already.

Maybe a little like DJack?

I just love seeing big dudes with athleticism like that getting after QBs. People get too caught up in the position a guy played in HS. Njoku is already a really built dude. Surprised me how big he is already.

Totally agree, can never have too much athleticism and speed coming off the edge.

Advertisement
Back